Club suite v First

Old Mar 7, 20, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Club suite v First

Iím looking at flights to NYC in J in Aug for around 5/6/7th. One of the JFK flights is currently being shown as operated by 777 with new club suite which Iíve never flown. There is also a EWR flight on the same dates with avios seats in F so I could upgrade from J.

what are peopleís recommendations? Are the extra avios worth it for a 7hr flight over the new club suite?
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell View Post
Iím looking at flights to NYC in J in Aug for around 5/6/7th. One of the JFK flights is currently being shown as operated by 777 with new club suite which Iíve never flown. There is also a EWR flight on the same dates with avios seats in F so I could upgrade from J.

what are peopleís recommendations? Are the extra avios worth it for a 7hr flight over the new club suite?
I'd do F, club suite is good but still prefer F also would give you access to Concorde room too (unless cup I have it with status anyway)
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Blue Peter Badge Holder
F- more avios, better service, better meal, more space than CS, doesnít feel as private without the door.

J- Get to experience CS, still feel packed in, reasonable food and packed in, but door shut and does feel more private and good inflight entertainment, significant risk if there is an equipment change.
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Iirc you have flown F a few times; I would opt for the club suites since you haven't experienced them yet. I also prefer JFK to EWR.
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:20 pm

If the EWR flight is B789 operated, Iíd pick that.
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by richardwft View Post
If the EWR flight is B789 operated, Iíd pick that.
isnít it usually 777 to EWR? Effectively meaning it is an option of the worst F vs the best J in reality.
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by navylad View Post
isnít it usually 777 to EWR?...
No, tomorrowís BA189 is B789 G-ZBKJ
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:55 pm

No, tomorrowís BA189 is B789 G-ZBKJ
Hence I said usually and not always ;-)
Old Mar 7, 20, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Depending on where you go in NYC I would put a lot more priority on EWR vs JFK than J vs F. The J vs F is basically a comparison between two flying beds, and while I would rate F > new J > old J, I would put a lot more priority on arriving the right side of Manhattan at the right time of day.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 4:04 pm

Hence I said usually and not always ;-)
You asked a question, you got an answer.
BA is retiring LH aircraft, taking delivery of LH aircraft, some of which are delayed, refitting LH aircraft, cancelling LH flights. 2020 is looking like unusual LH aircraft operations generally for BA.
Old Mar 7, 20, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by LCY8737 View Post
Depending on where you go in NYC I would put a lot more priority on EWR vs JFK than J vs F.....I would put a lot more priority on arriving the right side of Manhattan at the right time of day.
My priority is avoiding terribly noisy B777 and B747 aircraft, Iím much happier in newer aircraft, so the B789 to EWR is good for me.
David_Doyle likes this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 4:15 pm

You asked a question, you got an answer.
BA is retiring LH aircraft, taking delivery of LH aircraft, some of which are delayed, refitting LH aircraft, cancelling LH flights. 2020 is looking like unusual LH aircraft operations generally for BA.
the question was isnít it usually a 777 and you have said Ďnoí so are your saying that it is usually something other than a 777 and BAís website is wrong? 🙄
Old Mar 7, 20, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
isnít it usually 777 to EWR? Effectively meaning it is an option of the worst F vs the best J in reality.
777s are much better in F than 747s IMO, once you're in your seat anyway.

I'd also argue that other than when in full bed mode, F is still miles more private than CS, simply due to the numbers

On a day flight Id take F every time. On a night flight J.
navylad likes this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 4:21 pm

the question was isnít it usually a 777 and you have said Ďnoí so are your saying that it is usually something other than a 777 and BAís website is wrong? 🙄
BAís website is correct, currently a mixture of B777 and B789, which is subject to change.
Old Mar 7, 20, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj View Post
777s are much better in F than 747s IMO, once you're in your seat anyway.
I agree. The 747s still have the 747 wow factor, but the seats actually fit the 777 far better, and you have more room.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: