Tinie Tempah tantrum over dirty BA plane

Old Mar 7, 20, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various memberships
Tinie Tempah tantrum over dirty BA plane

Sorry - couldn't resist the title!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...dirty-21650603

Tinie Tempah fumes over 'dirty' British Airways plane in videos from his seat
The rapper vented his frustrations with the airline on Twitter and shared his disappointment after spending 'a lot of money' on his plane ticket
squawk likes this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold etc
Shouldn't this be in the DYKWIA thread
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC. Silver.
Originally Posted by Cyberhacker View Post
Only if he'd had cosmetic surgery
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:28 am

Cue in the usual "Who's this guy?" and "never heard of him".... but I think BA needs to be held to account. You want cleaning done cheaply, you pay the price in image damage. Especially in these times where everyone is turning into Howie Hughes.
Modo, eae, haroon145 and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:37 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Is that First or CW?
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by 13901 View Post
Cue in the usual "Who's this guy?" and "never heard of him"....
Indeed.....I must be getting old!!
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by flipper118 View Post
Is that First or CW?
looked to me CW. The pictures looked really bad. I wouldnít be happy if I would have stain on pillow etc.
BA just has to sort it out.
eae, HFHFFlyer and AJA_ like this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
If your name is tinie tempah then having tantrums is clearly the thing to do!!
KenTarmac and groovy_dhruvy like this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Itís Club World. No I havenít a clue who he is either, but he has a point, my last flight in CW 2 weeks ago was also filthy, they do need to sort this out especially now with the public focused on hygiene and trying to avoid spreading Covid19.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:55 am

I understand the cleaning contract went to DHL recently and, in the name of 'cost cutting is in our DNA', I'm ready to bet it was threadbare. Adding BA's istitutional incapacity to hold suppliers to account and, voilŗ filthy cabins. It makes my blood boil because it's easily fixable, much like faulty equipment in the cabins. It-can-be-fixed. Look at Lufthansa, look at Swiss, look at JAL, look at KAL, look - even! at Air Astana: invest decently in cabin maintenance, stock spares appropriately, motivate engineers to clear defects. But no, it's better to skimp on cleaning and spares because it's a saving! Then who cares if they pay tens of millions of compensation for dirty cabins and non-working cabin equipment, it's in somebody else's budget.
eae, littlefish and mjh0 like this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A spokesperson from British Airways responded to say that long-haul aircraft undergo a rigorous clean after every flight.

They said in a statement: "Our customers rightly expect our aircraft to be clean and we insist on very high standards of cleanliness. Our long-haul aircraft receive a thorough clean after every flight. This includes the cleaning of seats, seat pockets, tray tables, galleys, toilets, floors and the aircraft interior generally."
I really don't think this is true at all. The intention might be there, but the reality is often quite different.

I don't think I've ever experienced a really dirty plane, but there have been numerous occasions when it is clear that the cleaning was cursory at best.
orbitmic and travelsbyplane like this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 10:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Goodness, he's almost A list, I'm surprised some haven't heard of him given I'm not the youngest participant in this this thread. He is down to perform at a mini festival in Al-'Ula (yes, Saudi Arabia, not sure many other Liberal Democrat members will be there). So my guess this is Club World to RUH.
Modo, dsf, our_kid and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 10:14 am

Not surprised. Most long haul flights I board on BA have some sort of cleaning issue. Last week there were 2 empty miniatures behind the lid of the A380 UD side storage on one flight, and a bloody tissue down the side of the seat on the return flight (I asked to move for this one...). The number of crumbs and build up of gunk in crevices and between that sort of seat pad Ďflapí on CW seats is consistently unacceptable. The seat dividers usually have some sort of red wine/sticky stain splashed up them, and antimacassars riddled with hair.

Iím not married to BA and fly the most convenient route for what I need, so I get to fly with a lot of airlines. There is no other airline in the sky with such consistent issues with regards to cleanliness, in my experience. There are also very few airlines who have such full loads and large premium cabins, so I guess there is no motivation to make more effort in cleaning.
MajorVoid and MarkFlies like this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC Hilton,
Originally Posted by Cyberhacker View Post
Exactly, I was in J earlier in the week from Miami and the seat divider was absolutely disgusting. The CC are hard working and simply don’t have the time to check every seat. I used my antibacterial wipes to clean everywhere, including the divider. We just need to get on with it at times. Moaning and groaning about it doesn’t make a difference, unless of course you’re a real celeb / VIP - unlike TT
Old Mar 7, 20, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by mike&co View Post
Exactly, I was in J earlier in the week from Miami and the seat divider was absolutely disgusting. The CC are hard working and simply donít have the time to check every seat. I used my antibacterial wipes to clean everywhere, including the divider. We just need to get on with it at times. Moaning and groaning about it doesnít make a difference, unless of course youíre a real celeb / VIP - unlike TT
I disagree. There is no excuse for poor cleanliness, especially as itís been proven to be far less a problem for other carriers. Whether it warrants the rant from TT is certainly debatable but the poor level of hygiene aboard a lot of BA planes is certainly something to be concerned about.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: