Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Booking Refund Fee

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Avios Booking Refund Fee

Sorry, I can't find the answer to this in the dashboard / other threads.

The 'service fee' link at the time of making a reward booking states that a cancellation and refund of Avios incurs a €42.50 / £35 fee per person. However the fees/taxes are now £1 per person for a return flight, and I'm currently considering a booking for four people, so if I cancelled (prior to 24 hours from departure) would BA ask be for my credit card to pay an additional £140 in order to receive the avios back? Or does that service fee date from the days when you usually paid more than that in tax, so they refunded you minus the fee, rather than asked you to pay more money simply to make a cancellation?

Obviously a bit wary at the moment, about making a booking which will cost me 35 X as much to cancel as it will to fly.

Service fees page: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...d-service-fees
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
With the new avios pricing, the cancellation fee is only 50p. So if you paid £15.50 you would get £15.00 plus all your Avios back.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
With the new avios pricing, the cancellation fee is only 50p. So if you paid £15.50 you would get £15.00 plus all your Avios back.
That's good to hear and aligns better with a £4 total fees booking. It would be better for BA I think to adjust their service fees page to reflect that, it's a barrier to booking to think it will cost so much to get your avios back in the event of a cancellation.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FeedbirdNiner
That's good to hear and aligns better with a £4 total fees booking. It would be better for BA I think to adjust their service fees page to reflect that, it's a barrier to booking to think it will cost so much to get your avios back in the event of a cancellation.
but not all destinations are £1 Only Europe so the standard 35£ fee applies but it's always been case even on old prices when rfs was 17.50 each way if you booked a one way the charge didn't apply it only applies if it's more than £35 in taxes and charges

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.