Search

UUA Availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
UUA Availability

So I'm trying to upgrade from WT+ to CW on BA203 LHR BOS on 9 MAR

There award availability in all classes for a redemption ticket on the website, but when I called to upgrade on the gold line they said no availability....

My assumption was that UUA pulls from same award bucket as a straight redemption?

HUCA?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Very odd, when you look at the BOS route in early May it seems every day there is full reward availability for every flight on every day other than F.

What did they say when you said there was reward availability showing?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Very odd, when you look at the BOS route in early May it seems every day there is full reward availability for every flight on every day other than F.

What did they say when you said there was reward availability showing?
the lady just said there's no availability ( i hadn't checked before hand so couldn't challenge) and then checked for my return without asking (which is in Y) and said no availability there either.... I think I'll try again later...

The only other reason could be that it's a TA booking, but it shouldn't be a problem since my address on BAEC is IE and the TA is also IE
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Update if anyone is curious:

Attempt #2 :

Yes sir there is availability and I can absolutely upgrade you... oops unfortunately you're about 2k avios short....

Me: buy more avios online and call again

Attempt #3 : Hi sir, I do apologize but there doesn't seem to be any upgrade availability on any flights that day

Me: Silent internal scream

HUCA

Attempt #4 : Yes sir there is availability and I can upgrade you, but there's some glitch let me sort it out first.... sorted.... success

BA being consistently inconsistent as usual.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
aha, well done
W213Sal likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by W213Sal
Update if anyone is curious:

Attempt #2 :

Yes sir there is availability and I can absolutely upgrade you... oops unfortunately you're about 2k avios short....

Me: buy more avios online and call again

Attempt #3 : Hi sir, I do apologize but there doesn't seem to be any upgrade availability on any flights that day

Me: Silent internal scream

HUCA

Attempt #4 : Yes sir there is availability and I can upgrade you, but there's some glitch let me sort it out first.... sorted.... success

BA being consistently inconsistent as usual.
on attempt 2 why didn't you just stay on phone whilst you bought the Avios online your acct updates instantly but at least it's sorted now
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Your experience sounds very much like mine when trying to upgrade recently. I could see Avios availability on ba.com but the agent I spoke to initially said there wasn't any. She then admitted to there being system issues and looked somewhere else and was then able to secure the seats and process the payment etc. It was all ticketed by the time I woke up the next morning.

One thing that was an issue was the number of Avios that was quoted as being needed. She said it was 29,500 per person: 4.5k for NCL - LHR and then 25k for LHR - LAS. I challenged this and said it should be 25k only, based on my most recent identical upgrade where it was 25k to upgrade both sectors. She went away and came back and agreed with me, and so I redeemed 25k per person.

So, which is it? I have had occasions in the past where agents were adamant it's 25k plus 4.5k even though ba.com would show 25k per person.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had similar when trying to upgrade flights from Miami in September (also WT+ to Club). Availability on the website but not on the phone. I checked again online the next day and there was still availability so I emailed the lady at BA who I had spoken to and she confirmed it was available. Booked it on the phone later. No idea what went wrong first time round but got there in the end...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.