BA to stop BAEC Welcome packs

Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by flatlander
Some organisations, especially in cultures which place a strong emphasis on physical documentation and processes, require an actual card. Until BA can guarantee (with suitable penalties for them if the guarantee fails) that all the privileges of BAEC status will be granted without a physical card, they should not cease to issue a card.
The OH, who is also a CCR card holder, was denied entry to the CCR as the card had been left at home. The list at the reception desk was not complete so the staff member refused to allow access.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
The OH, who is also a CCR card holder, was denied entry to the CCR as the card had been left at home. The list at the reception desk was not complete so the staff member refused to allow access.
I hope they managed to sort this- a quick call to the GGL line?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by T8191
Please forgive me, but I do have to point out that there are thousands of people (including us!) whose existence isn’nt based on Smartphones. Call me dinosaur Jersiensis if you will, but until smartphones become mandatory by Law, and are issued at birth, there is NO WAY I am spending c.Ł30/month for something I do not need in my daily life. 👎
You could use a tablet instead if you like.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by navylad
I hope they managed to sort this- a quick call to the GGL line?
The staff member did not do this and the OH did not think to suggest it.

The OH made brief use of the GF as there was limited time before the flight.

A subsequent call to Customer Relations (CR) brought a huge apology, some service recovery. The CR person wondered why the staff member had not called the GGL line. I do not know why she did not seek a supervisor etc.

The OH has now taken a photo of the card.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
The staff member did not do this and the OH did not think to suggest it.

The OH made brief use of the GF as there was limited time before the flight.

A subsequent call to Customer Relations (CR) brought a huge apology, some service recovery. The CR person wondered why the staff member had not called the GGL line. I do not know why she did not seek a supervisor etc.

The OH has now taken a photo of the card.
not great but glad you got some a service recovery gesture.

Seams my question has been answered in another thread, they aren’t ending them but making them on request.

this seams a good balance to me, don’t waste plastic and expense on something really not needed by the majority of passengers except perhaps for their DYKWIA moments.

Perhaps we will need a new thread ‘Locations where a physical card is advisable’.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAGA Gymnastics 4.
Happened to me on both UA and BA

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Indeed. My inner "Didn't Happen" alarm always goes off when I hear the "The gate agent shouted and pointed that the Y queue was that over there when she saw how I was dressed. However, I got the last laugh when I flashed my F BP in her face" type posts.
We're not ones to get dressed up for flying, and we've been all-but-told we're in the wrong queue on more than one occasion in the past, with what looks for all the world like a look of "... are you doing here, peasants?". It's a tiny moment of joy for those of us who don't turn left all the time to pull out the J ticket / BP / whatever.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
You could use a tablet instead if you like.
True, but I’m sure you’ll agree they’re less handy. And battery lie rears its head again. I’ll stick to hard copy stuff for my remaining travelling years, I suspect.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
This was a new one on me. Hasn't been the case before. Possibly related.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
I renewed my Gold membership on 9 January. I did receive a welcome email some five days into my new membership year, but there has been no appearance of a golden envelope through my letterbox.
Originally Posted by sxc
Received this email today:

You have qualified for Silver membership of the Executive Club. 

Should you wish to receive a physical membership card, one can be requested by logging ...
I wonder when the new policy of not sending the renewal packs actually went into effect? I renewed my Gold membership on 9 February. I received the welcome email on the 17th; unlike sxc's Silver welcome, mine did not say anything about having to request a physical card. Looking at Manage My Account > Executive Club items, I find '15 Feb 2020 Renewal Pack for Exec Gold Pending' and '16 Feb 2020 Renewal Pack for Exec Gold Fulfilled'. Does this mean that they've actually posted it and it's just bogged down somewhere on the dog sled? If not, I'm going to request one because I have been asked to show the card by both AA and CX.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by henry999
I wonder when the new policy of not sending the renewal packs actually went into effect? I renewed my Gold membership on 9 February. I received the welcome email on the 17th; unlike sxc's Silver welcome, mine did not say anything about having to request a physical card. Looking at Manage My Account > Executive Club items, I find '15 Feb 2020 Renewal Pack for Exec Gold Pending' and '16 Feb 2020 Renewal Pack for Exec Gold Fulfilled'. Does this mean that they've actually posted it and it's just bogged down somewhere on the dog sled? If not, I'm going to request one because I have been asked to show the card by both AA and CX.
I also wonder when this policy kicked in. My Tier Point year ended 8 February 2020. In today's post I received my renewal envelope from BAEC with a letter dated February 2020 confirming that I have renewed Silver status and enclosed in the envelope is a card showing validity until 03/21. Unlike last year however there were no luggage tags. That is fine with me.
henry999 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Where is the link on the BA website to order a physical card?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by nollag
Where is the link on the BA website to order a physical card?
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AJA_
I also wonder when this policy kicked in. My Tier Point year ended 8 February 2020. In today's post I received my renewal envelope from BAEC with a letter dated February 2020 confirming that I have renewed Silver status and enclosed in the envelope is a card showing validity until 03/21. Unlike last year however there were no luggage tags. That is fine with me.
My Tier Point year ended 8 February 2020. In today's post (19 March) I received my renewal envelope from BAEC with a letter dated March 2020 confirming that I have renewed Gold status and enclosed in the envelope is a card showing validity until 03/21. I also received two luggage tags.
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 2:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I renewed my Gold membership on 9 January. I did receive a welcome email some five days into my new membership year, but there has been no appearance of a golden envelope through my letterbox.
Just to update this. My welcome pack arrived in the post a couple of weeks ago
Old Apr 13, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Just to update this. My welcome pack arrived in the post a couple of weeks ago
Strange how it took so long. I gained Gold in January:

07 Jan 2020 - Upgrade to Exec Gold - Dispatched
06 Jan 2020 - Upgrade to Exec Gold - Fulfilled
05 Jan 2020 - Upgrade to Exec Gold - Pending

The TPs posted on 4th Jan and the pack arrived about a week later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.