Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Boooooooooooooo!

Yes it was great while it lasted but I do think it's more than a bit sneaky to pull the plug with no real notice after publishing that it would apply till September.

Maybe it was costing too much but it's not exactly great PR for the sake of a couple of months. Better get my summer flights booked today then.

EDITed to add: I just looked at the BA BWC page, and the 'flight changes and refunds' link now takes you to the BA Holidays BWC page, nothing for flights only any more. So perhaps they are keeping it for BAH, perhaps they are not, or perhaps it's just BA IT at work again... either way I'd be very cautious making a new flight only booking as I'm not sure there's anything to say that BWC still applies!
when/ where did they publish it would
apply until September?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, to clarify they never specified when they would stop offering BWC, just that any new bookings made for which all travel was completed by end of September would be covered. If you have a booking like that you are not losing anything.

There was no commitment to any specific date for when new bookings would continue to be covered by BWC - although I think the BA approach to pull it with no really public notice is poor.
Bullswood and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KARFA
... although I think the BA approach to pull it with no really public notice is poor.
This isn't the first time that BA has discontinued an aspect of BWC with no notice. Refunding companion voucher award bookings into FTVs was another example (as a result of which one of my companion vouchers will now expire unused). So I am not surprised by this, even if the writing has been on the wall for quite a few weeks now.
aks120, KARFA and eh220160 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
It's a shame but it was a bit too customer friendly maybe. I think BA could (as a goodwill PR gesture) offer an FTV system up to 14 days prior to the flight for example, that would be the same as when they owe compensation for cancellations. They'd get more cash from me I think.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:30 am

A little notice would have helped. Oh well, that's a shame...
Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:00 am

Please delete. thank you!

Last edited by MiraculousM; Jun 9, 2022 at 6:31 am
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
for part flown booking? yes you will definitely get an offline FTV. quite simply evouchers are impossible to issue straight away as there is no value stored in the booking for the value of any remaining sector(s), this is why it needs to be sent off for manual calculation when you come to make a new booking with the voucher.
Should BA have emailed me about the offline FTV?

I ended up cancelling my return leg because the flight would have departed 6+ hours late. So I filled in the online BwC cancellation form about 5 hours before scheduled departure. (I had done OLCI)

I suppose I will have to chase BA over the phone - with no proof that I actually requested a FTV well before the close of check-in...
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Should BA have emailed me about the offline FTV?

I ended up cancelling my return leg because the flight would have departed 6+ hours late. So I filled in the online BwC cancellation form about 5 hours before scheduled departure. (I had done OLCI)

I suppose I will have to chase BA over the phone - with no proof that I actually requested a FTV well before the close of check-in...
Yes you should have got an offline FTV email with just the voucher number within an hour of submitting the form. Being checked in shouldn't have been an issue per se. As long as you submitted it before check in closed it should have worked. I think you will need to call and it has got stuck for some reason.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Last year when Omicron blew up I decided to cancel my booking on a return flight to CPT in W with one leg UUA to J. I quickly received an FTV which I was expecting to maybe use later this year but on April 22nd I received an email saying that the cash and Avios from my FTV would be refunded. The Avios quickly appeared in my account but I'm still waiting for the cash refund to reach my AMEX card. I've sent 2 emails but both without any reply. Is there a better way to get this chased up?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
earlier today when i rang about a few things i asked about one itinerary booked before BWC ended.

flight in late july DUB-LHR-JFK and back. the DUB-LHR sector was cancelled and i was put on a later flight, however i may not be able to travel due to HMs passport office. i also used a gold upgrade voucher J to F.

i was told i can move the flight to december (for example) but would be responsible for fare difference and cannot be automatically accommodated in F if no availability exists because of the GUF. is this correct? the last time this happened last year they seemed to have been much more flex, however with all the changes happening i wanted to see if this is correct before calling again.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:14 am

I guess that’s not really a bwc question, more to do with the blanket rebooking after a cancellation up to ticket validity policy is still in force. I will check later, but it was always the case it will go at some point, and once it does we will be back to free rebooking only if moving dates -3/+14 days.

EDIT: now checked. the "COVID-19 country restrictions/cancellations - Update 12- 15 February 2021" rebook policy for cancelled BA flights still seems to be valid and allows rebooking for free fpr the same routing in the same cabin up to ticket validity for any flight cancelled due to coronavirus restrictions.

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 11, 2022 at 11:27 am
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Quick Question - I have remaining two segments coming up in July on a booking that got changed and rebooked several times during Covid: remaining segments are SFO-LHR, then LHR-MAD scheduled a further day later following arrival into LHR.
I no longer need to travel on to Madrid. Is it best just to take the flight to London then log in and cancel the final segment - this should arguably get a small residual e-voucher as still in book with confidence policy. Don't want to no-show and appear as an intentional skiplag.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No showing won't have any consequences, but yes, once you get to London just do the online form for FTVs, and you will get at least the airport and government taxes back.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No showing won't have any consequences, but yes, once you get to London just do the online form for FTVs, and you will get at least the airport and government taxes back.
Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Advice please

Looking for advice please as I have applied for a FTV on the 2nd June for a BAH departing 26th June. This was booked on 12/12/21. BAH have rejected my request and said its four weeks. Can someone advise please as requested this due to family bereavement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.