Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:39 am

Thank you Anonba. To clarify, as this was two bookings (made at the same time with the same agent), and I am not on one of them (although I paid), does it mean I can use that voucher (ie the one for my brother and nephews) for myself on another booking?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Thank you Anonba. To clarify, as this was two bookings (made at the same time with the same agent), and I am not on one of them (although I paid), does it mean I can use that voucher (ie the one for my brother and nephews) for myself on another booking?
You could only use their voucher if at least one of them also travelled with you.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:42 am

OK, thank you - good to know.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:15 pm

Just one more thing, as again I can't seem to find the information anywhere - the booking for my brother and nephews has around 650 of seat reservation fees already paid on top of the deposit (exit row seats in both directions). If I request a voucher do the seat reservation fees get lumped in with the deposit amount for use against against a future booking, or are they ring-fenced somehow?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
As I undertand it the sums spent on seat reservations are ring fenced and can be used on seat reservations for new bookings.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:58 am

I have an inexpensive two week round trip SFO/LHR/GVA/LHR/SFO (c.$2600) booked last August for travel June this year in F, but am unable to use the return due to a change of plans.
Phoned local BA office to enquire about converting to one-way J (which was a similar price) but they advised best bet was to wait until arrived GVA and FTV return. I'm curious to know how the FTV value will be calculated as clearly the one way F would be more expensive than the return, even using historic fares?

Last edited by Bullswood; Apr 22, 2022 at 2:55 am
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bullswood
I have an inexpensive two week round trip SFO/LHR/GVA/LHR/SFO (c.$2600 in F) booked last August for travel June this year in F, but am unable to use the return due to a change of plans.
Phoned local BA office to enquire about converting to one-way J (which was a similar price) but they advised best bet was to wait until arrived ZRH and FTV return. I'm curious to know how the FTV value will be calculated as clearly the one way F would be more expensive than the return, even using historic fares?
yes so you can request an FTV after you have flown the outbound flight but before you are due to take the inbound flights. you would get an offline FTV with no value shown in the email. you would have to call to use the ftv, and once they held the new flights they would send it off for a manual calculation of the FTV value to complete the new booking.

there isn't any repricing as a one way in terms of determining value, so there is no point looking at one way fares. basically, assuming the fare/selling classes were the same for your outbound and inbound flights, it is likely the value of your FTV for the inbound flights will be around 40-50% of what you originally paid.
adrianlondon and Bullswood like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:29 am

Apologies if Ive missed this, but what is the latest speculation on BA extending BWC beyond 30 September. I realise no one has a crystal ball, but are there any guesses about if/when they might extend and for how long?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Its a good question- plus I have noticed that theyre reintroducing change fees for flights after September. The whole additional flexibility thing meant I booked (and, in the end, flew) far more of my possible trips than maybe I would have done otherwise. Went to book a trip to Greece in October and the whole no refund and 50 change fee meant I decided not to book. Im sure they have clever people who have worked out that overall its better for them to restrict flex and sell more expensive tickets but its definitely led to more business from me than Id have otherwise done.
trolleymusic and sdmr like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sdmr
Apologies if Ive missed this, but what is the latest speculation on BA extending BWC beyond 30 September. I realise no one has a crystal ball, but are there any guesses about if/when they might extend and for how long?
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Its a good question- plus I have noticed that theyre reintroducing change fees for flights after September.
Another point is that FTVs must be used for travel that's completed by the end of September 2023. There would seem to be a certain logic to FTVs being issued until one year before then, even though I know that BA are in parallel trying to refund many FTVs anyway to get them out of our collective hair.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
I hope someone can confirm something for me so I don't make a fool of myself on the phone line (assuming I can get through!).

I have an existing ex-EU booking and I want to change both the start/end dates AND the start/end airport. I think I've understood that I can do both these changes on the phone without having to cancel, wait for the voucher and rebook, is that correct? And if the answer is yes, as the booking includes segments in First, is this something YouFirst can do for me?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by sdmr
Personally, I think that ship has sailed and 30 September will be the end of it all.

I've already made bookings past that date. I assume if it all goes to hell in a handbasket again (which it probably won't at this stage) they'll bring it back in, but I'd take it as given that 30 September is THE END for the lovely period we had of being able to swap to a voucher. Much as I'd love to see it stay permanently.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
I hope someone can confirm something for me so I don't make a fool of myself on the phone line (assuming I can get through!).

I have an existing ex-EU booking and I want to change both the start/end dates AND the start/end airport. I think I've understood that I can do both these changes on the phone without having to cancel, wait for the voucher and rebook, is that correct? And if the answer is yes, as the booking includes segments in First, is this something YouFirst can do for me?
Yes, YouFirst should be able to handle this, so long as it's not a BAH booking.
JustTheOne likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know if you can cancel and get a voucher for part of a booking under the Book with Confidence policy?

Partner and I have flights to Singapore (already moved several times due to cancellations) in May and it looks like he will no longer be able to go, but I still can. We're on one booking reference and I'd rather not cancel the whole thing for a voucher and rebook as it would be a lot more expensive.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by reddishvelvet
Does anyone know if you can cancel and get a voucher for part of a booking under the Book with Confidence policy?

Partner and I have flights to Singapore (already moved several times due to cancellations) in May and it looks like he will no longer be able to go, but I still can. We're on one booking reference and I'd rather not cancel the whole thing for a voucher and rebook as it would be a lot more expensive.

yes. You would have to call to get the booking spilt first, then FTV the one booking you no longer want.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.