Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:07 am

Does anyone know the current situation with converting an FTV to an eVoucher, and the wider BA policy on vouchers?

I have an FTV from early in the pandemic (before eVouchers were offered) - from memory it was a simple cash ticket, no Club Europe upgrades or any discounts with Avios. I am sure I saw something on FT over the last year that, now that eVouchers are available, it is possible to ring up and convert an FTV into an eVoucher. This would be preferable because it would let me use it alongside other eVouchers I've accumulated online, rather than having to ring up to make a booking.

I just tried to do this, but the gentleman in the South African call centre said that "BA has stopped issuing new vouchers" - it wasn't clear exactly what he meant, in this case, because I cancelled a different ticket for an eVoucher this morning online and it turned up almost immediately. He said he would try to send it to the back office to try anyhow, but within about 2-3 minutes said that it has been "unsuccessful". I asked if this meant I'd need to ring up to use the FTV, and he said yes.

It's not the end of the world, though I much prefer making my own bookings online (and reducing the pressure on the call centre) which is obviously possible with an eVoucher but not with an FTV, but it would be helpful to know what the current situation actually is...
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don't think you can convert offline FTVs to evouchers by request.

BA has been doing some conversions themselves, but you just have to hope you are lucky to have that done for yours. Otherwise you will just have to call to use your offline FTV I am afraid.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't think you can convert offline FTVs to evouchers by request.

BA has been doing some conversions themselves, but you just have to hope you are lucky to have that done for yours. Otherwise you will just have to call to use your offline FTV I am afraid.
Thanks @KARFA - I must have completely misunderstood something somewhere along the line, in that case.

I actually mentioned it to someone in December when I spoke to someone in the German call centre about a different issue who said she could do it, but didnt have the 125- number to hand.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by squawk
Thanks - I must have completely misunderstood something somewhere along the line, in that case.
It was actually possible - in the early days of EMD e-vouchers when the process was being built and tested - to ask an agent to effectively skip the queue and push your booking through as a prototype. It wasn’t advertised but was recommended by some CC agents (and mentioned here at the time). However, those days are long gone and pretty much all FTVs that can be converted have been, so if your booking remains in FTV state, chances are there’s a reason for that. It might not be obvious to you what that is, but means it’s likely it’ll stay that way until redeemed.
squawk likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:13 am

Anyone know what the turnaround is for using the online evoucher form for BAH?

I filled it out yesterday but realised the sale ends today/tomorrow, so would it be worth calling?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jamestg

I filled it out yesterday but realised the sale ends today/tomorrow, so would it be worth calling?
Good luck with calling. My OH just spent an hour waiting on the gold line before they cut him off.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Donsyb
Good luck with calling. My OH just spent an hour waiting on the gold line before they cut him off.
Oh dear Ill wait a few days and if I hear nothing Ill just book with easyJet.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by jamestg

well of the two bookings submitted yesterday, the one in June has now been processed but not the one in March. Not too bad, just want the cheaper one refunded now so I can use the smaller voucher.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Yanshuf
Following on from the above, can anyone direct be to the refund terms and conditions or refund policy?

We have this cash booking (single ticket number and single PNR) on Biz class booked directly on the BA website:
LHR - ARN
OSL - LHR

We flew the outbound but BA cancelled the return (we received an email from BA using the word "cancellation"). They have rebooked us on an earlier OSL - LHR flight, which we cannot use due to a severe timing conflict. So our preferred outcome is a refund of the return flight.

Is there any way that we can work out for ourselves the cost of this refund?

I assume that the value given back to us either as a cash refund or voucher will be the same.

Thanks in advance.
Providing a partial response to my own question:
  1. Paid GBP 248.94 per person for Biz class return on BA LHR-ARN;OSL-LHR.
  2. Return flight was cancelled so requested a refund for that leg only on the phone to the Gold line on 30 Dec 2021.
  3. Refund of GBP 120.50 per person showing on my credit card on 4 Jan 2022. That means it took only one working day, and I received a refund of just over 48% of the total price paid so definitely not 50%.
  4. I have no idea how to find out the original booking fare class of either leg.
Info could be useful for some.
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Refunds like that will never be exactly 50% per leg. Even if the fare was 50/50, you'd have government taxes and airport charges which may differ (APD adds a lot for UK departures). With 48% back I'd just be happy the refund came this quick and stop thinking about it. I'm still waiting for a refund I asked for 2 weeks ago on a simple there and back booking which was cancelled.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by alex67500
Refunds like that will never be exactly 50% per leg. Even if the fare was 50/50, you'd have government taxes and airport charges which may differ (APD adds a lot for UK departures).
Indeed - to take a random example, I've priced LHR-ARN//OSL-LHR for travel on 17 and 28 February. The ITA quote is for a total of 224.27 broken down as:
Fare 1: Carrier BA ISPM0V2R LON to STO 77.00
Fare 2: Carrier BA ISPM0V2R OSL to LON 83.00
United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty APD (GB) 26.00
United Kingdom Passenger Service Charge Departures (UB) 22.07
Norway Air Passenger Tax (G2) 6.70
Norway Passenger Charge (ZN) 9.50
Subtotal per passenger 224.27

If only OSL-LHR were being refunded, I would expect it to be the total of the three bolded lines. 83.00 + 6.70 + 9.50 = 99.20, or 44.2% of the total paid.

(The GDS fee doesn't matter for the purposes of this example, although it would matter for anyone who takes the precaution of printing the ITA fare breakdown and full fare rules whenever they buy a published fare ticket.)
Old Jan 25, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
I think the Wiki is now outdated for recent holiday bookings .. The deadline for voucher/refund under book with confidence rules is now 4 weeks for bookings since mid December, not 3 weeks https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...rways-holidays

(I've edited it now - if that's for any reason incorrect please amend )

Last edited by EvilDoctorK; Jan 25, 2022 at 2:29 am
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know if it's possible to request an e-voucher for just one passenger in a booking? My thoughts are that it is not as I can't see anything online, but I thought I would check here before trying to phone!
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
i think you would have to call up and split the booking first, then you can request a FTV for the one you want. You may get an offline FTV btw, I don't know if splitting a booking increases the chance of that happening.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
i think you would have to call up and split the booking first, then you can request a FTV for the one you want. You may get an offline FTV btw, I don't know if splitting a booking increases the chance of that happening.
Wow thanks for the quick response! I will try and call and get the booking split then

edit to say this worked a treat!

Last edited by skiaplg; Jan 31, 2022 at 11:30 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.