Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 1:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by RYX
Apologies if this has been answered already, but I was wondering if it's possible to request an eVoucher/FTV for the return leg only of a cash booking (already flown the outbound leg)? And if so, how would the value of the FTV be calculated?
Yes it is possible to do this, and often you can request it online. Other times you need to call up after flying the outbound. It is calculated on the same basis as an involuntary cancellation, rather than as a voluntary cancellation. It's rarely exactly half of what you paid, since fare constructions tend to be unbalanced. Depending on route and cabin you may get back 30% to 60% of the paid fare, but it is entirely down to the specific details of the booking. It will be issued as an FTV initially, it may get converted to an eVoucher later.
RYX likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 4:01 am
RYX

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes it is possible to do this, and often you can request it online. Other times you need to call up after flying the outbound. It is calculated on the same basis as an involuntary cancellation, rather than as a voluntary cancellation. It's rarely exactly half of what you paid, since fare constructions tend to be unbalanced. Depending on route and cabin you may get back 30% to 60% of the paid fare, but it is entirely down to the specific details of the booking. It will be issued as an FTV initially, it may get converted to an eVoucher later.
Thanks c-w-s, that's really helpful!
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:43 pm

Refund calculation for partially flown booking

Following on from the above, can anyone direct be to the refund terms and conditions or refund policy?

We have this cash booking (single ticket number and single PNR) on Biz class booked directly on the BA website:
LHR - ARN
OSL - LHR

We flew the outbound but BA cancelled the return (we received an email from BA using the word "cancellation"). They have rebooked us on an earlier OSL - LHR flight, which we cannot use due to a severe timing conflict. So our preferred outcome is a refund of the return flight.

Is there any way that we can work out for ourselves the cost of this refund?

I assume that the value given back to us either as a cash refund or voucher will be the same.

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Brighterside
The 28 day rule is for bookings made on or after 16th December - see below taken from ba.com
They sneaked that one in. Even 3 weeks is a long time with how fast things can change Covid. Omicron hit just as people had paid deposits for December getaways

One more reason to not use BA Holidays - the main reason being that it's near impossible to get through to them on the phone.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Does anyone know if a FTV from an Avios booking with UK Amex 2-4-1 voucher can be used to make a new redemption booking in conjunction with an additional 2-4-1 voucher?
My reasoning is I have 2 companion vouchers, expiring February and October 2022, and want to use the BWC policy to extend one, and hopefully use both for a summer redemption flight for 4 pax to BOS, without tying up masses of Avios, vouchers and cash until ready to book. My reasons for delaying booking are (obvious) uncertainty around virus and travel status later in 2022, and the 4th pax is 18yo son's girlfriend and if he's anything like I was at age 18, that may not be the same person in 6 months time and I can't change a pax name in a FTV.
My initial thinking was book a cheap RFS for wife and I, using Feb voucher and then cancel for FTV. Review situation in a few months and call up to rebook for 4 with FTV + October voucher + more Avios + more cash.
If not, I guess 4 x RFS flights using both vouchers gives me some flexibility unless love's young dream comes to an end in which case we have an awkward holiday or write off some avios/vouchers/cash?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 2:23 am

Voucher/Credit - NonRefundable ticket

I recently flew the outbound ORD/CAI (BA) and was scheduled to fly CAI/LHR (EgyptAir), and then return home after the new year from LHR/ORD (BA) 3JAN - all BA tickets on one PNR. I decided that I didn't want to chance going to London due to the Covid situation (and elderly travelers) and would return home directly from CAI (thus had to buy new tickets on Qatar). I still am holding my BA return ticket from LHR/ORD in hoping for a cancellation but we are nearing departure of 3JAN and I need to take action. However, I am being told that there would be no voucher/credit since original ticket was issued as "non-refundable." Does this not fall into "Book with Confidence" if I cancel before departure?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MKC24
I recently flew the outbound ORD/CAI (BA) and was scheduled to fly CAI/LHR (EgyptAir), and then return home after the new year from LHR/ORD (BA) 3JAN - all BA tickets on one PNR. I decided that I didn't want to chance going to London due to the Covid situation (and elderly travelers) and would return home directly from CAI (thus had to buy new tickets on Qatar). I still am holding my BA return ticket from LHR/ORD in hoping for a cancellation but we are nearing departure of 3JAN and I need to take action. However, I am being told that there would be no voucher/credit since original ticket was issued as "non-refundable." Does this not fall into "Book with Confidence" if I cancel before departure?
you can get a FTV for a part flown booking. It isn’t a problem and I have done it myself. Just apply for it using the normal FTV form. You will get an offline FTV and it won’t show the value, but it will be for the value of any unused flights. You would have to call to use it.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:35 am

Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
you can get a FTV for a part flown booking. It isn’t a problem and I have done it myself. Just apply for it using the normal FTV form. You will get an offline FTV and it won’t show the value, but it will be for the value of any unused flights. You would have to call to use it.

I know that I need to cancel before flight departure, but must I request the voucher also before the actual flight departure? I booked via a travel agency and they are closed until Monday... and the flight departs on Monday at 2:45pm local LHR time (so 8:45am here in Central time).
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MKC24
I know that I need to cancel before flight departure, but must I request the voucher also before the actual flight departure? I booked via a travel agency and they are closed until Monday... and the flight departs on Monday at 2:45pm local LHR time (so 8:45am here in Central time).
ah, that complicates things. with a TA booking you do have to request your FTV via your TA, you can't do it direct with BA.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond
Just want to check my understanding on this one.

I have an Avios ticket for March that I am not going to fly.

I could obviously take a FTV now.

I am thinking about changing the dates to say October. If I did that I wouldn’t be able to cancel in future for a FTV?

I will probably wait until closer to March to tidy this up and see if the BWC policy is further extended, but just checking I haven’t missed anything.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
Just want to check my understanding on this one.

I have an Avios ticket for March that I am not going to fly.

I could obviously take a FTV now.

I am thinking about changing the dates to say October. If I did that I wouldn’t be able to cancel in future for a FTV?

I will probably wait until closer to March to tidy this up and see if the BWC policy is further extended, but just checking I haven’t missed anything.
What's the value - if it's a long haul premium cabin ticket (lots of avios, ~£600 fees), I'd be inclined to pay the £35 cancellation fee - much cleaner. Wait until closer to the time in case BA cancel.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I see the Book With Confidence policy only covers dates until August. I'm looking at plans for trips beyond that. Should I wait before handing over my money (or eVouchers) or should I have a bit of confidence either that we'll be through the worst of Covid-19 by then or that BA might extend BWC?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zen100
What's the value - if it's a long haul premium cabin ticket (lots of avios, ~£600 fees), I'd be inclined to pay the £35 cancellation fee - much cleaner. Wait until closer to the time in case BA cancel.
Sorry I missed out a critical piece of information, one leg has a cancellation. So the attraction of moving to the autumn is that I can have my pick of dates and flights. But can already get a full refund. It’s a short haul but at the longer end (ACE).
Old Jan 1, 2022, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrGee
I see the Book With Confidence policy only covers dates until August. I'm looking at plans for trips beyond that. Should I wait before handing over my money (or eVouchers) or should I have a bit of confidence either that we'll be through the worst of Covid-19 by then or that BA might extend BWC?
This is crystal ball territory. My personal view errs towards waiting. If I do book it will be with Avios being prepared to lose the £35 a ticket fee. If I felt compelled to buy an expensive ticket I would be looking for decent travel insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.