Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Personally I'd like it to be extended through Summer 2022 so that it covers a twice rescheduled 'big holiday' of ours (i.e. one that never happened this year or in 2020). It would make me more likely to book early, if I was safe in the knowledge that the booking was flexible, bearing in mind that this time last year, we thought DXB would be a safe bet for right now!

But BA is ultimately a commercial business and I accept that they can't continue with BWC for ever...
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond
Quick question that I would prefer some confirmation of my logic on.

I have a 241 which expires Jan 22. I would like to use it for a flight Jun 22.

I should book a flight for later this year (I intend to pick the same destination and same off peak dates as I want next year). Immediately cancel and request a voucher.

When I get the voucher, call and ask for it to applied against my flight for Jun 22. Any flaws in that plan?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The only thing I would add is that you can book anything and FTV it, so don't feel the need to book the same destination and tie up all your avios and cash. You can just book a one way domestic flight in Y and FTV it, and add in any avios and cash later. However, if later for you is soon for when you make the June 2022 booking it may not be as much of an advantage.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Quick question that I would prefer some confirmation of my logic on.

I have a 241 which expires Jan 22. I would like to use it for a flight Jun 22.

I should book a flight for later this year (I intend to pick the same destination and same off peak dates as I want next year). Immediately cancel and request a voucher.

When I get the voucher, call and ask for it to applied against my flight for Jun 22. Any flaws in that plan?
Sounds like a good idea to me.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Currently the BWC policy ends at the end of April 2022, assuming the thick end of the pandemic is actually behind us I for one can't see it being extended in its current format further than that point.
Usual spot on thinking from me - Please ignore, its just been extended until 31 August 2022 , some conditions apply.
Tobias-UK and KARFA like this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:11 am

Thanks. Well spotted and that’s definitely worth highlighting. It’s now updated on ba.com so BWC/FTV covers all new bookings for travel completed up to the end of August 2022 - previously it was up to the end of March 2022.

Also all FTVs (new and existing) now extended and available to use for new trips where all travel is completed by end of September 2023 - previously this was April 2023.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Hi all,

I had posted in another thread, but I think this one might be more relevant to my question, so please excuse the double post-

Spain has prohibited tourist entry from Colombia (eff. 27 July) regardless of vaccination status for non-EU residents.
Does this trigger refund eligibility? or just a FTV?
(Iberia flight, BA issued).

Thank you,
Bill
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by sombrachinesca
Hi all,

I had posted in another thread, but I think this one might be more relevant to my question, so please excuse the double post-

Spain has prohibited tourist entry from Colombia (eff. 27 July) regardless of vaccination status for non-EU residents.
Does this trigger refund eligibility? or just a FTV?
(Iberia flight, BA issued).

Thank you,
Bill
If this is a flight only booking made with BA then its FTV, change under BWC, or voluntary cancellation according to your fare rules. BA Holiday bookings are a little different so if that's what you have it may be a different answer.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
If this is a flight only booking made with BA then its FTV, change under BWC, or voluntary cancellation according to your fare rules. BA Holiday bookings are a little different so if that's what you have it may be a different answer.
Thanks - flight only
Question 2 -- I had upgraded the return (BA: LHR-SFO) to first using Avios. Do I need to do anything special to have those refunded?

ETA - although booked via BA, there have been many changes & reissues of the ticket. In MMB under cancellation options, it says, "this is a trade or travel agent booking". Do I have any alternative to calling and waiting on hold??

Last edited by sombrachinesca; Aug 2, 2021 at 1:49 pm Reason: added MMB issue
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:02 pm

Avios & Cash booking

I have 2 x BNC-MAN CE Avios & cash tickets booked for May 2022. Following the change in this policy to August 2022 I submitted a cancellation for a FTV. I received an automated response to say my booking isn’t eligible to exchange for a voucher. Should I phone? Or leave it for a few weeks? Or should I wait and see if a timetable change allows me to cancel outright?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
I have 2 x BNC-MAN CE Avios & cash tickets booked for May 2022. Following the change in this policy to August 2022 I submitted a cancellation for a FTV. I received an automated response to say my booking isn’t eligible to exchange for a voucher. Should I phone? Or leave it for a few weeks? Or should I wait and see if a timetable change allows me to cancel outright?
well there is no rush really for you so it’s worth giving it a few weeks if you want to try again for a FTV.

if you are happy to wait and would prefer a refund either just wait until next year or even change them to something sooner which is likely to be cancelled.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by sombrachinesca
Thanks - flight only
Question 2 -- I had upgraded the return (BA: LHR-SFO) to first using Avios. Do I need to do anything special to have those refunded?

ETA - although booked via BA, there have been many changes & reissues of the ticket. In MMB under cancellation options, it says, "this is a trade or travel agent booking". Do I have any alternative to calling and waiting on hold??
Depends what you want to do. If you want to cancel and get a refund then you would have to call, but unless you have a refundable fare you won’t get much back.

If you go for the FTV option you can just request the online on ba.com. You should get your FTV email within the hour. Basically everything is held on the FTV, so cash you paid and the avios for the upgrade. I suspect you will get an offline FTV so it won’t show the exact value in the email, but it will be for what you paid, and you would have to call to use it.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Depends what you want to do. If you want to cancel and get a refund then you would have to call, but unless you have a refundable fare you won’t get much back.

If you go for the FTV option you can just request the online on ba.com. You should get your FTV email within the hour. Basically everything is held on the FTV, so cash you paid and the avios for the upgrade. I suspect you will get an offline FTV so it won’t show the exact value in the email, but it will be for what you paid, and you would have to call to use it.
Thank you!
Old Aug 3, 2021, 1:01 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Personally I'd like it to be extended through Summer 2022 so that it covers a twice rescheduled 'big holiday' of ours (i.e. one that never happened this year or in 2020). It would make me more likely to book early, if I was safe in the knowledge that the booking was flexible, bearing in mind that this time last year, we thought DXB would be a safe bet for right now!

But BA is ultimately a commercial business and I accept that they can't continue with BWC for ever...
Well, apparently I have more influence on BA policy than I realised . Although extending to the end of August 2022 will probably bring in more early bookings (i.e. cash) for BA, so it could be a smart move from them...
sdmr and BAeuro like this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 5:47 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Hi All, how does BA determine if you get an e-voucher or FTV? I just requested a voucher (using the form I have used at least 7-8 times this year), and I got a FTV instead of an e-voucher (it was also for a booking that I made online as well). This is really frustrating because the call centre is only open 8 - 8pm and if I find a flight outside of these times, I can literally do nothing - is there a way to hold a price for 12 hours or so?

Is there any way to ensure you get an e-voucher instead of a FTV?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.