Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by KARFA
there shouldn’t be any change fees. If you find resistance when you call to make the change you can always go via a FTV which guarantees no cancellation/change/rebooking fees.
How is a FTV going to help with a booking made with Avios?
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
How is a FTV going to help with a booking made with Avios?
If met with resistance to change the routing, the passenger can request a FTV under booking with confidence in a similar way a revenue ticket holder can. You get your Avios and fees/taxes already outlaid held in credit. They can then book the alternative route and use the FTV as payment thus negating the Ł35 change fee to the original Avios booking. Most agents will figure out what's happening by this point and simply waiver the change fee and save themselves double the workload of cancelling the first booking and rebooking the second but there are jobs-worths in every profession I suppose.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
If met with resistance to change the routing, the passenger can request a FTV under booking with confidence in a similar way a revenue ticket holder can. You get your Avios and fees/taxes already outlaid held in credit. They can then book the alternative route and use the FTV as payment thus negating the Ł35 change fee to the original Avios booking. Most agents will figure out what's happening by this point and simply waiver the change fee and save themselves double the workload of cancelling the first booking and rebooking the second but there are jobs-worths in every profession I suppose.
I thought change fees are being waived for Avios bookings at least for the time being.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
This is helpful as I've just had to FTV an Avios booking that had been changed a few times and has a 241 in it, so I've got a whole bunch of vouchers.

As I understand it, now when I identify the reward flights I want in the future, I'll have to call in and get them booked over the phone using these various vouchers?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
This is helpful as I've just had to FTV an Avios booking that had been changed a few times and has a 241 in it, so I've got a whole bunch of vouchers.

As I understand it, now when I identify the reward flights I want in the future, I'll have to call in and get them booked over the phone using these various vouchers?
Yes, any FTV resulting from a reward flight will always be an offline FTV. So you can check availability online, but have to call to book.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, any FTV resulting from a reward flight will always be an offline FTV. So you can check availability online, but have to call to book.
Lovely, thank you KARFA
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip

Does using an FTV when canceling an Avios booking extend the expiration date of the 2-4-1 voucher?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Does using an FTV when canceling an Avios booking extend the expiration date of the 2-4-1 voucher?
Any vouchers held within an FTV will be available for new bookings up to April 2023, so yes this has been a tactic some have used to extend the 241. Bear in mind you are stuck with whoever was your companion on the booking before you did an FTV, you can't change this later when making the new booking. So choose wisely!
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Any vouchers held within an FTV will be available for new bookings up to April 2023, so yes this has been a tactic some have used to extend the 241.
To be clear, you can use it for a booking with all travel to be completed by 30 April 2023. Fortunately, that's still a reasonable way off yet.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:23 am

If for some reason I can't use the FTV (which has the Avios points, the 2-4-1 voucher and fees and taxes ) before April 2023, will I still be able to get back to my credit card the $3600 in fees and taxes that I paid ?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
If for some reason I can't use the FTV (which has the Avios points, the 2-4-1 voucher and fees and taxes ) before April 2023, will I still be able to get back to my credit card the $3600 in fees and taxes that I paid ?
I think so. I believe that there is currently no difficulty with refunding (on request) an FTV from an award booking. What happens is that the Avios go back to your account, and you get the cash element back minus the appropriate cancellation fee. (Caveat: I have personally only done this with FTVs on which the cash element was Ł0.50.) So that ability seems to be part of the FTV system. I imagine that even if the 2-4-1 voucher has expired by the time that you request the refund of the FTV, you should still get the Avios and cash back.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think so. I believe that there is currently no difficulty with refunding (on request) an FTV from an award booking. What happens is that the Avios go back to your account, and you get the cash element back minus the appropriate cancellation fee. (Caveat: I have personally only done this with FTVs on which the cash element was Ł0.50.) So that ability seems to be part of the FTV system. I imagine that even if the 2-4-1 voucher has expired by the time that you request the refund of the FTV, you should still get the Avios and cash back.
Presumably the refund of the avios FTV is a practical shortcut. The long route would be to use the FTV for a random avios booking and then cancel it for refund?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Any vouchers held within an FTV will be available for new bookings up to April 2023, so yes this has been a tactic some have used to extend the 241. Bear in mind you are stuck with whoever was your companion on the booking before you did an FTV, you can't change this later when making the new booking. So choose wisely!
Great to know. I've been trying to find out if my Lloyds Upgrade Voucher would be included and now I know!
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:35 am

If I cancel a BAH booking and opt for a voucher, will this be a FTV and will therefore require a call to BAH to use it? Or will I be able to use it online?

TIA
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LucyK1806
If I cancel a BAH booking and opt for a voucher, will this be a FTV and will therefore require a call to BAH to use it? Or will I be able to use it online?

TIA
What you can do is find a new BAH after you have received the FTV. Pay the deposit online in the usual way. Then email the BAH details to the email address given on the FTV to apply it to the new BAH booking. If you want to use the FTV for the deposit then you will need to ring up.
LucyK1806 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.