Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:40 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by rosswill
Does this I wonder alter the view on maybe bookings? I often have flights arranged several months ahead in order to get timings/routes/pricing that work for me. With the thought it should be relatively easy to spend a voucher before April 23 do others think maybe bookings are a little more worthwhile now? Only downsides I can see are an interest free loan to BA (not loosing much interest right now) or a possible failure of the airline (which feels unlikely) but am I missing something else?
I've been on the fence about booking to go to NYC next December before xmas in current sale (using/adding to a 'small' FTV i currently have) because of the uncertainty and the fact i'd only have 4 months to use a potential FTV if still can't go.
The fact it'll be good to 2023 makes me more comfortable to pull the trigger now, maybe.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Also now confirmed, this is an email sent to travel agents today. Extensions to FTVs to April 2023 applies to all existing ones as well as any new ones issued.

Important Information – Our Book with Confidence Policy

Dear Travel Partner,

As we face these times of global uncertainty, we continue to adapt and take all the necessary actions to give customers greater confidence and flexibility when booking flights with us.

With this in mind and with immediate effect, we are amending our Book with Confidence Credit Validity and the Change Fee Waiver.

Key points to highlight:
  • Credit Validity Extension:
    • All new and previously issued Credits have had their “use by” date extended to 30 April 2023.
  • Change Fee Waiver:
    • Any bookings made after 3 March 2020, will be eligible for a date change with no change fees, as long as the initial journey is completed by 30 April 2022.
More details can be found here.

Thank you for your ongoing support and partnership.

Regards,
British Airways
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Also now confirmed, this is an email sent to travel agents today. Extensions to FTVs to April 2023 applies to all existing ones as well as any new ones issued.
Just off the phone with the GOLD line - and double checked on the BA website, this is live.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ge=HOME#cancel

Im glad, I had some ropey flights post August that I wanted flexibility on, and unsure how I would use the vouchers as well.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Cue ten new threads on “how do I extend my 241 to Apr 2023”
gcuk, Keystone, KARFA and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
To triple confirm, I have two FTVs issued this evening, both emails specify 2023. Low value, so will certainly get used at some point.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:10 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Great news, thanks for the info. I cannot see me getting into HKG this December, nevermind returning from PVG early Jan.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I have just received an email informing me of the extension of a FTV I had redeemed two months ago.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Has anyone been through a voucher request for a booking that was made using 2 or more original FTVs and if so, did you get a nice single evoucher or the originals plus a new FTV back?

My May TP run is coming apart at the seams (quite expected tbh). I've been offered date moves or change of the problem destination (SOF), but given the vouchers run to 23 now and perhaps some hope of a further status extension I'm inclined to leave it til nearer departure and then move it or take the voucher. (I could cancel for refund but want to make the trip at some point so voucher/date move suits, so long as I know when the next requal period.will be)
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Has anyone been through a voucher request for a booking that was made using 2 or more original FTVs and if so, did you get a nice single evoucher or the originals plus a new FTV back?

My May TP run is coming apart at the seams (quite expected tbh). I've been offered date moves or change of the problem destination (SOF), but given the vouchers run to 23 now and perhaps some hope of a further status extension I'm inclined to leave it til nearer departure and then move it or take the voucher. (I could cancel for refund but want to make the trip at some point so voucher/date move suits, so long as I know when the next requal period.will be)
If you made the booking using one or more FTVs I can guarantee you will not get an online evoucher if you now apply for a new FTV. You will get one offline FTV which will be for the full accumulated value you put in to making the booking.

I know everyone’s approach will be different, but for cash bookings with a cancelled flight I am only moving to later this year or getting a full refund. I don’t see any advantage to get a FTV in that situation.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Does the BWC policy apply if a booking is made with a TA or only when made directly with BA? I have an itinerary I'm trying to price that appears to include an AA prime flight (non BA codeshare) and wonder if this could be achieved by a TA if BA cannot ticket this sector? AA of course could, but then there would be no BWC option.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by rosswill
Does the BWC policy apply if a booking is made with a TA or only when made directly with BA? I have an itinerary I'm trying to price that appears to include an AA prime flight (non BA codeshare) and wonder if this could be achieved by a TA if BA cannot ticket this sector? AA of course could, but then there would be no BWC option.
Yes it does, and you can see the exact wording given to agents on BATT if you’re so inclined. But best only to do it with a trustworthy agent that you know will be competent and willing to follow through if required, as you’d be relying on the agent’s rather than BA’s customer service.

An alternative is to call BA to make the booking: assuming it’s part of the JB scope, they can book onto AA*AA on 125 ticket stock for the best of both worlds.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Confus
An alternative is to call BA to make the booking: assuming it’s part of the JB scope, they can book onto AA*AA on 125 ticket stock for the best of both worlds.
Thank you. Any advice on helping the BA call team to do the above you suggest? They would only look flight by flight for me on BA codeshares when I spoke to them this morning.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Confus
Yes it does, and you can see the exact wording given to agents on BATT if you’re so inclined. But best only to do it with a trustworthy agent that you know will be competent and willing to follow through if required, as you’d be relying on the agent’s rather than BA’s customer service.

On further investigation this would appear to be a point of sale issue with the booking classes being unavailable for some AA segments to BA agents here in the UK. This makes the overall fare costs increase significantly.
Anonba likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:42 am

Does anyone know what happens in legislative areas (for example, California) that has laws effectively requiring that instruments of defined monetary value (e.g. credits, gift cards etc) cannot expire so that the value is lost to the consumer? (Yes, I'm paraphrasing here greatly, with non-lawyereese language!) I would think that FTVs would fall under this legislation, wouldn't they?

rb211.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by RB211
Does anyone know what happens in legislative areas (for example, California) that has laws effectively requiring that instruments of defined monetary value (e.g. credits, gift cards etc) cannot expire so that the value is lost to the consumer? (Yes, I'm paraphrasing here greatly, with non-lawyereese language!) I would think that FTVs would fall under this legislation, wouldn't they?

rb211.
I assume somewhat irrelevant since BA doesn't issue vouchers under Californian law? Also I think it just applies where a gift card is sold to a purchaser.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.