Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2021, 8:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I also suspect BWC will be extended, though last time it did this was fairly close to the previous deadline. Personally I think maybe bookings are a bad idea, but plenty of FTers have reached different conclusions.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I would agree with corporate-wage-slave ,
Those who prefer to book something at the moment, you are welcome to rely on the zero change fee policy but don't forget that you are limited to a year after you purchase the ticket.

For those who are looking to fly during a UK national holiday, school holiday, or any high season, I pretty understand that you don't want to lose the great fares around but for those who are looking at off-season dates, there is no purpose booking maybe bookings at this time unless you are OK & eligible to travel if you are not able to cancel your ticket.

Also, bear in mind that border restrictions could change multiple times until then.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I agree with the comments above, currently I would only book (a) a BA Holiday before the end of August (b) a 241 fare anywher/any time or (3) a business trip that I absolutely have to take.

In saying that I have also made bookings with FTV(s) for flights that I felt where very likely to be cancelled to convert them back into cash.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Hi all,

If I were to make a holiday booking for before August, would I receive the deposit amount as a FTV if I cancel, or would I be made to pay the full amount and receive a voucher for the full sum of the holiday?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 24, 2021, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mpnakh
Hi all,

If I were to make a holiday booking for before August, would I receive the deposit amount as a FTV if I cancel, or would I be made to pay the full amount and receive a voucher for the full sum of the holiday?

Thanks in advance!
Nope, you can get an FTV for just the small deposit amount paid. Do not pay the balance! I’ve got 3/4 of these
Old Jan 24, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Nope, you can get an FTV for just the small deposit amount paid. Do not pay the balance! I’ve got 3/4 of these
Just what I thought - thanks for confirming!
Old Jan 25, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
If the rumours are true about enforced hotel quarantine, I cannot see how BA will have any prospect to return to a ‘new normal’ by August. I would imagine we will see BWC and the voucher validity extended substantially if this goes ahead.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
It looks like it’s been extended indefinitely - the wording on the website has been changed so there is no end date for flights booked after 3 March 2020.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Donsyb
It looks like it’s been extended indefinitely - the wording on the website has been changed so there is no end date for flights booked after 3 March 2020.
Noticed the same thing, thanks for sharing.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Indeed, well noted. But no change yet to FTV and eVoucher deadline of 30 April 2022. For the record:

Before today:
Changing your booking
You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price (applies to bookings made from 3 March 2020 onwards for journeys that are due to have been completed by 31 August 2021). Change booking Terms and Conditions

Cancelling your booking

If you decide you no longer want to travel, you can cancel your booking and we’ll give you a voucher to the same value for a future booking (applies to bookings made from 3 March 2020 onwards for journeys that are due to have been completed by 31 August 2021). Cancellation Terms and Conditions

Now

Changing your booking

You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price (applies to bookings made on or after 3 March 2020). Change booking Terms and Conditions

Cancelling your booking

If you decide you no longer want to travel, you can cancel your booking and we’ll give you a voucher to the same value for a future booking (applies to bookings made on or after 3 March 2020). Cancellation Terms and Conditions
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
I've been watching this with interest. I have a work trip to the US in the autumn that I may not be permitted entry to travel for. Currently BA and VS have availability for what will be a busy route I'm sure. I've been waiting to see what the BWC rules would be. As I understand it as of now any cancelled trip will result in a voucher that must be spent on flights taken before 30/04/22? Similarly for date and route changes? So If I had to cancel a November trip I would need to both spend the voucher and use the replacement flights before the end of April next year?

edit - I think CWS posted as I was writing to confirm this
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by rosswill
I've been watching this with interest. I have a work trip to the US in the autumn that I may not be permitted entry to travel for. Currently BA and VS have availability for what will be a busy route I'm sure. I've been waiting to see what the BWC rules would be. As I understand it as of now any cancelled trip will result in a voucher that must be spent on flights taken before 30/04/22? Similarly for date and route changes? So If I had to cancel a November trip I would need to both spend the voucher and use the replacement flights before the end of April next year?
Cancelled by BA: old policies apply, see wiki, but in essence one year rebooking period. No change.
Cancelled by you: FTV, which will expire in April 2022, all travel thereby completed or lost. This is the bit that has changed, BWC previously stopped in August 2021.
Date and route changes: you can reprice the ticket without change fees, but with a potential fare difference. No change.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Cancelled by BA: old policies apply, see wiki, but in essence one year rebooking period. No change.
Cancelled by you: FTV, which will expire in April 2022, all travel thereby completed or lost. This is the bit that has changed, BWC previously stopped in August 2021.
Date and route changes: you can reprice the ticket without change fees, but with a potential fare difference. No change.
Thank you I had missed that bit. So with a date change only I will have to pay any fare difference but can change the date beyond April 22, but if I need to change the date and/or destination a voucher will be issued for travel to be completed before end of April.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by rosswill
Thank you I had missed that bit. So with a date change only I will have to pay any fare difference but can change the date beyond April 22, but if I need to change the date and/or destination a voucher will be issued for travel to be completed before end of April.
Depends slightly on the specifics, but in essence if your ticket can be reissued to a new routing then it's just the fare difference and yes, it's up to a year. FTV is your fallback. But as ever my strong advice is to leave it to the last moment and try to get a cash refund rather than going for a maybe booking.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
So just to clarify this, I can now claim a voucher for any trip on any date (booked after 3rd March)?

So if I booked for Sept, before this latest indefinite extension, would I be eligible to claim a voucher, even though when I booked it was up to 31st Aug? Or is it from booking today onwards like before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.