Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dan1113
I just applied for the voucher and it said thanks but it didn't send me an email or anything. Can I just rest assured that it's done and I have nothing to worry about?
The email takes about 1 hour at most so I am sure you’ll have it soon.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
The email takes about 1 hour at most so I am sure you’ll have it soon.
Exactly ah hour! Thank you!
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by contractor
I booked a nov2020 ba hols flight and hotel trip back in Jan 2020. Called yesterday on the 3 week mark as it's USA and while flight is still going I can't enter USA. I got a full refund of deposit back to amex and avios upgrade back to account without question .
good service all round
Had a flight+hotel booked for Jersey in half-term. Rang to ask for a FTV last week when Jersey put almost all of us into red/amber and therefore mandatory quarantine longer than my holiday. Worried that a cancellation within 3 weeks would be an issue but not only was all fine, but was proactively offered a full cash refund instead of a FTV. Now wondering if it was the change in Covid regs in Jersey, my outbound being cancelled and put on a different flight the same day, or both that allowed a cash refund.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 11:36 am

Traveling from Mia

I just had my flight canceled to Lhr from Mia. I had used points to upgrade to buisness class. They rebooked on later flight which means my connection is tight. Can I now request a change of day? Will my points upgrade transfer? Could I request to be on the earlier AA flight and keep my upgrade? I think the inflight service may be better on AA.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by glen01
I just had my flight canceled to Lhr from Mia. I had used points to upgrade to buisness class. They rebooked on later flight which means my connection is tight. Can I now request a change of day? Will my points upgrade transfer? Could I request to be on the earlier AA flight and keep my upgrade? I think the inflight service may be better on AA.
Usually on that route (if either your booking ends in MIA OR your next flight on that booking is to a Joint Business location) you can swap to AA flights as well as BA. The UuA should be preserved to keep you in Business class. Note you also have a 300 mile gateway option if your next flight is not on the booking, which I assume is why you are worred about the connection.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Usually on that route (if either your booking ends in MIA OR your next flight on that booking is to a Joint Business location) you can swap to AA flights as well as BA. The UuA should be preserved to keep you in Business class. Note you also have a 300 mile gateway option if your next flight is not on the booking, which I assume is why you are worred about the connection.
Connecting to Manchester on same ticket, but then traveling on to Isle of Man. Separate ticket. Only one flight a day.. Could you explain the 300 mile gateway? Please
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by glen01
Connecting to Manchester on same ticket, but then traveling on to Isle of Man. Separate ticket. Only one flight a day.. Could you explain the 300 mile gateway? Please
In the case of Manchester or the IOM it doesn't greatly help. Manchester hasn't got any AA flights, IOM I suspect in not Joint Business, and in any case is running via a codeshare agreement from LCY rather than LHR, which I'd imagine you would want to avoid. Since it's an overnight service then I'm not sure there is a huge difference between BA and AA, assuming you wanted mainly to focus on sleeping, indeed AA's big issue on overnight services is finding ways to truncate sleeping time. So long as you have an hour at LHR then that's fine for the Manchester connection, indeed it's do-able in 30 minutes at the moment, if your service runs late - which would be unusual at the moment. If you did miss the MAN service then you could ask to fly on LCY to IOM, that would probably be granted.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
What’s the score with holiday bookings if the hotel booked isn’t open? It’s still 5 weeks away but had no notification from BA and hotel website says reopening in January . Also to add to slight complication is the flight doesn’t appear ‘scheduled’ for November yet - I e no aircraft type, can’t select seat map etc. It’s LGW-UVF
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Sprodo
What’s the score with holiday bookings if the hotel booked isn’t open? It’s still 5 weeks away but had no notification from BA and hotel website says reopening in January . Also to add to slight complication is the flight doesn’t appear ‘scheduled’ for November yet - I e no aircraft type, can’t select seat map etc. It’s LGW-UVF
There has been at least one similar case reported in this forum, where the traveller was aware of the hotel's closure but BA seemingly was not. However when s/he called BAH they made a few checks, found out this was in fact the case and swiftly arranged a refund. In that part of the world I imagine a lot of hotels will indeed be closed until the week before Christmas, since the period from then to mid January is peak season. I would call BAH in a week or so, I doubt you will have much problem getting a refund.
Sprodo and Vasto1M like this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
BA have extended their BWC policy for existing bookings up to 10th January 2021.
KARFA and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BAeuro
BA have extended their BWC policy for existing bookings up to 10th January 2021.
here it is, all existing bookings for travel up to 10 January 2021

Also FTV/BWC continues to apply for any new bookings made from 3rd March 2020 onwards for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 31st August 2021
rockflyertalk and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: BA silver,
Back in Feb 2020 I booked a day return to EDI for 16th Jan 2021 ( at the time needed the tier points). It looks like this latest change to BVC will not cover me and I shall have to rely on one of the flights being cancelled.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
For 2 people on the same booking, can one person fly and the other cancel for a FTV - or is it all or nothing?
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
For 2 people on the same booking, can one person fly and the other cancel for a FTV - or is it all or nothing?
Call and ask if they can split the booking into two bookings and cancel one for FTV. I have managed this in the past and assume its still an option. Call times are quite short currently from my own endevours over the last few days.
vintagepilot likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Call and ask if they can split the booking into two bookings and cancel one for FTV. I have managed this in the past and assume its still an option. Call times are quite short currently from my own endevours over the last few days.
It is definitely still an option and they’re happy to do it.
sunshinebob and vintagepilot like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.