Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Vasto1M
I had a similar situation. BA Holiday booked, then discovered the hotel had closed, not opening until at least March 2021. Contacted BAH, they were unaware hotel was closed, took a few minutes to confirm this, then gave me a few options, voucher, change hotel or refund. Took the refund, no hassle. I'd say give them a call and say you've seen the hotel is closed and you'd like a refund.
followed your advice quick 10 minute call all cancelled and refunded.
sunshinebob and Vasto1M like this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
So I’ve got 3 x MAD B2Bs on the BA460/1 rotations between now and February and realised for all 3 I’d overlooked family commitments / quarantine so needed to change them. Went online and got the error message you need to allow 120 mins between flights so couldn’t make the changes. Fare is the same in all instances with 50p difference in airport tax in 1 case.

called the helpdesk, advised they can do the amendment but have to charge a 30 telephone fee as they have no way to waive this now even if they wanted to.. guy said he could generate evoucher there and then, read it to me so I could enter payment details.

Did this for one of the bookings, nothing to pay, did this for the second booking paid 50p for difference. The third booking was discounted 20 by a lowest price guarantee evoucher. Agent for this said it will generate an FTV and so there will be a 10 fee to book a flight over the phone using an FTV or 30 amendment fee. He apologised for not being able to waive these fees and theN
he said I can see you are flying tomorrow ask at the airport to see if they can waive the fees for you as a status passenger.

At T5 asked in the First Wing which aren’t was able to help with ticketing query and was advised they no longer do ticketing at the airport I’d need to call.

Contacted the BA twitter team and said disappointed at being penalised for using a voucher when I couldn’t the amendment online and they id the 3rd amendment for me FOC.

This is one of those cases where BA don’t help themselves. Must have cost them more overall in agents time him talking me through 2 bookings than just make 3 quick amendments.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:06 pm

Can I just double check that you can still claim a voucher even if you change a flight (for free) 10 times (or however many) online under the book with confidence policy? Using the free change does not impact on the voucher option?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Can I just double check that you can still claim a voucher even if you change a flight (for free) 10 times (or however many) online under the book with confidence policy? Using the free change does not impact on the voucher option?
I think there have been a few cases of agents questioning multiple changes (incorrectly so, in my view) but the FTV is an online option on MMB which doesn't go away, so I think you are always OK for FTV so long as your dates are OK. The more you change things, the more likely it is going to be a FTV rather than an eVoucher. My usual warning about "maybe" bookings goes here.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:12 pm

I booked a nov2020 ba hols flight and hotel trip back in Jan 2020. Called yesterday on the 3 week mark as it's USA and while flight is still going I can't enter USA. I got a full refund of deposit back to amex and avios upgrade back to account without question .
good service all round
Old Oct 15, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
For a straight forward, no previous amend/cancel reservation, by cancelling online, is there a greater or lesser chance of getting an eVoucher rather than an FTV?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gcuk
For a straight forward, no previous amend/cancel reservation, by cancelling online, is there a greater or lesser chance of getting an eVoucher rather than an FTV?
Greater.
gcuk and wilsnunn like this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 1:54 am

Where exactly within mmb do I request the voucher for a booking? I didn't see it when I logged on. Apologies if I am being stupid hedge.

And would I be ok to leave it until even one hour before the flight departure, or is that pushing my luck? How close have others left it?
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Where exactly within mmb do I request the voucher for a booking? I didn't see it when I logged on.
You can request a FTV at https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
And would I be ok to leave it until even one hour before the flight departure, or is that pushing my luck? How close have others left it?
You must request the voucher before check-in closes for the flight. Normally, this is one hour but I have lost track of whether there are any exceptions to that at present.

A couple of my requests have been made relatively close to that deadline (I think about an hour or so before it, so about two hours before the flight). On one occasion, I got a rejection email so I had to do it again. On the other occasion, the voucher confirmation email didn't arrive until some hours after the flight had departed. If those two problems had combined when I did one late, I might have permanently lost the value of the ticket. So you can leave it until quite late if you like, but you may need strong nerves.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You must request the voucher before check-in closes for the flight. Normally, this is one hour but I have lost track of whether there are any exceptions to that at present.

A couple of my requests have been made relatively close to that deadline (I think about an hour or so before it, so about two hours before the flight). On one occasion, I got a rejection email so I had to do it again. On the other occasion, the voucher confirmation email didn't arrive until some hours after the flight had departed. If those two problems had combined when I did one late, I might have permanently lost the value of the ticket. So you can leave it until quite late if you like, but you may need strong nerves.
If doing it a couple hours before departure, would it be a safer bet then to do it by phone?
Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If doing it a couple hours before departure, would it be a safer bet then to do it by phone?
no, online will be fine
Old Oct 16, 2020, 7:42 am

Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:44 am

I just applied for the voucher and it said thanks but it didn't send me an email or anything. Can I just rest assured that it's done and I have nothing to worry about?
Old Oct 17, 2020, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Yes you could call up now and utilise the voucher with the original PNR

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.