Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rjhcambs
I have tried to cancel a MAD flight for 1/10 this afternoon. It was booked last November. It still would not let me cancel and on checking a change to late October it wanted £140 change fee. I also tried changing to a later date beyond the 12 month booking period but received an error message. So as at this afternoon I do not see any extension to the BWC policy yet.
BA twitter states that book with confidence will be extended from midday tomorrow to 31st October 👍
Old Sep 30, 2020, 3:52 am

Ba.com just updated
Old Sep 30, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer
Hopefully this is just a typo which will be corrected as BA.com has just been updated but is showing 13th October
rather than 31st
Michelle on TLFL said yesterday that it was the 13th too. This was before it was made public on ba.com so I guess she had a press release so it most likely the 13th.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 3:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It is 31 October in the guidance on the BA travel trade site which has been updated today.

• Existing bookings ticketed any time, for travel (outbound or inbound) between 14th March 2020 and 31st October 2020
• New ticketed bookings made between 3rd March 2020 and 13th October 2020 for travel completed (both outbound and inbound) by 31st August 2021
Old Sep 30, 2020, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Michelle on TLFL said yesterday that it was the 13th too. This was before it was made public on ba.com so I guess she had a press release so it most likely the 13th.
I amended my post as I was too quick off the mark and didn't scroll down for the full policy 😊
Old Sep 30, 2020, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
It is 31 October in the guidance on the BA travel trade site which has been updated today.
Your quotation actually specifies that it’s both.
31 Oct for old bookings ticketed before March.
13 Oct for new bookings to keep the same terms.
I think we can read into this that there will be changes to the BWC policy for new bookings made from 14 Oct onwards. I’m led to believe that BA (and IAG) consider the current policy ‘too generous’, so would not be at all surprised if it becomes more restrictive.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: BA GOLD
The following has appeared on the British Airways Complaints Advice Facebook page by a "John Smith" who appears to be reliable:-

"All Travel Dates for existing bookings made before 03 Mar 2020 have been extended until the 31st Oct 2020 meaning you can now get a voucher if your flight is still operating during October."

I was under the impression that bookings made before 3rd March 2020 were subject to normal T&C's. Can anyone confirm if the above is correct?
Old Sep 30, 2020, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Confus
I’m led to believe that BA (and IAG) consider the current policy ‘too generous’, so would not be at all surprised if it becomes more restrictive.
They'd better be prepared to see bookings fall even further then...
James91 and eh220160 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Yes, that's correct, I just turned a Jan 2020 booking for a flight in October into a voucher.
Brighterside likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 6:44 am

Vouchers

Hi
i have just applied for 3 vouchers and they came through immediately but is there a way of seeing their value? I phoned Ba and they couldn’t help. They are complicated bookings make up of avios, cash, e vouchers and different sorts of upgrades
Old Sep 30, 2020, 7:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jlawren1
Hi
i have just applied for 3 vouchers and they came through immediately but is there a way of seeing their value? I phoned Ba and they couldn’t help. They are complicated bookings make up of avios, cash, e vouchers and different sorts of upgrades
If you have the email saying:

Your future travel voucher is here. Thank you for your patience while we processed your application.

Voucher code(s)
125-2xxxxxxxxx
Then you have an offline FTV. I am afraid it does not display the value, but you can see what it should be from your original e-ticket and any additional upgrades you did subsequently. You will need to call to use it.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:03 am

Hi
I'm sure it has been covered a few times but as today has changed the voucher boundary date again there may be more (like me) who have voucher queries..

I have just had 3 vouchers (125 2XXXXX) back for a reward flight redemption of 80k Avios. I paid £3 balance(!) but I did pay quite a bit for seat reservations on both legs. I cant find a receipt for this anywhere but seem to remember it was £20 per seat, per leg at a later date in Manage My Booking (which I cant now see!)
So, Is my voucher worth the 80k Avios (split amongst the 3 of us) plus a cash value of the seat reservation (plus the £3!)

So If I find a future flight for say 100k redemption, I just pay the balance? How does the seat reservation cost work? Can I use the cost against a flight or does it have to be used for a seat reservation
Sorry if repetitive.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by woosiep
So If I find a future flight for say 100k redemption, I just pay the balance? How does the seat reservation cost work? Can I use the cost against a flight or does it have to be used for a seat reservation
The seat reservation payment is preserved for the seat payment on the new flight, not against flight costs. The Avios can be used in part or full paynent of any Avios redemption, either higher or lower than you spent the first time around. The cash is used for the taxes, fees and charges on the new booking. Note that FTVs are personal, so three people = 3 FTVs and must be used by the original traveller.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:54 am

Thanks for the response so quickly ..Forgot to ask Can use them against a reward flight again? The BA website isn't clear and I have been trawling through threads to no avail.
thanks again
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by woosiep
Thanks for the response so quickly ..Forgot to ask Can use them against a reward flight again? The BA website isn't clear and I have been trawling through threads to no avail.
thanks again
It's in the main Rebook thread: FTVs from redemptions can only be used on further redemptions (though they need not be BA flights). Commercial and BAH bookings are inter-changeable, but their FTVs can be used on redemptions either, so that's the border down which the Rubicon flows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.