Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Called up BA holidays today to make a new booking and part pay the deposit with a £300 FTV and it’s not valid for the initial deposit. Bit of a scam! Like a free credit in Vegas which isn’t free
​​​​​​How odd! We made a new BAH booking for next summer not so long ago with a FTV and they made the booking, didn't take any payment and then sent it to 'finance' to process, sure enough a few days later the balance reduced by the voucher value.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Called up BA holidays today to make a new booking and part pay the deposit with a £300 FTV and it’s not valid for the initial deposit. Bit of a scam! Like a free credit in Vegas which isn’t free

So paid another £350 of my own money.... will decide later whether to add the voucher or use it for a nearer last minute trip
I wouldn't call it a scam, you get to use your voucher in full either way, it's just with holidays you need to make an initial booking as normal and then the voucher can be used after, but since Holidays can be paid with a deposit, it's never really an issue in my view. Even if you pay the full amount at the outset, they seem to suggest they will refund the voucher as cash in that circumstance - her is the email I got yesterday with details:

We have received your voucher request and have cancelled your British Airways Holidays booking accordingly.

You now have £300 to use towards a future booking which includes vouchers redeemed against this booking and any residual value; please visit ba.com when you are ready to re-book and complete payment with a credit or debit card as usual. This email is your voucher, no attachments or codes are required.

If you pay a deposit on your new booking, we will reduce the balance due by the above amount. Alternatively, if your booking is paid in full, we will arrange a refund of the voucher value.

If there is a difference in price from the original booking, any increase is payable by you at the time of re-booking and any decrease is refundable with a further voucher.

Your voucher must be redeemed for travel up to 30 April 2022. You can find the full voucher Terms and Conditions, along with details of our Book with Confidence options here.

Please reply to this email with your new booking reference once made. Alternatively, please call our contact centre to make a booking by phone, contact details here
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
If I take an upgrade offer POUG. Any info if can get a covid voucher for the original+upgrade cost?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
If I take an upgrade offer POUG. Any info if can get a covid voucher for the original+upgrade cost?
yes, any FTV will include the value of what you paid originally and the value of any POUG.
Newbtravelle likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Avios catchup on FTV

We had an FTV applied to a BA holiday booking that reduced the balance to pay. The avios given from the BAH booking also reduced which seemed a bit unfair. We got the reduced avios a few days after our return as normal. The missing avios was a small amount not worth chasing up but in any event it posted this morning, 3 weeks after our return.

So if you're missing reward avios from an FTV applied to a holiday it seems they do post, but just a bit later.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:21 am

Refund voucher with 100% Avios bonus

Hi all, apologies if this is covered already but I just want to double check how this works. If I buy a flight for £1,000 and subsequently decide to cancel the trip, I get a voucher for £2,000 worth of Avios, converted at the rate available to purchase Avios on BA's website? (presumably ignoring the current 50% bonus promotion).

And it's entirely up to me to take the Avios + 100% bonus refund instead of a cash voucher. And the voucher comes fairly quickly?

Thanks A
​​​​​
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Ajm1987
Hi all, apologies if this is covered already but I just want to double check how this works. If I buy a flight for £1,000 and subsequently decide to cancel the trip, I get a voucher for £2,000 worth of Avios, converted at the rate available to purchase Avios on BA's website? (presumably ignoring the current 50% bonus promotion).

And it's entirely up to me to take the Avios + 100% bonus refund instead of a cash voucher. And the voucher comes fairly quickly?

Thanks A
​​​​​
I believe this is only for flights cancelled by BA, not bookings that you choose to cancel.

Executive Club Members whose flights have been cancelled can now choose Avios instead of a voucher or refund. Taking Avios as an alternative to the cash element paid for your ticket means you’ll receive a 100% bonus compared to Avios purchased at the standard rate.
Ajm1987 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ajm1987

Thanks A
​​​​​
I think the avios option is only if your flight is cancelled British Airways offering Avios as a refund option ?

If you decide to cancel voluntarily then the FTV is just the value of what you paid originally. FTVs are being issued in 1-2 hours atm.
Ajm1987 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
What happens to bookings with POUG - can I grab an upgrade now and cancel the booking for FTV? (travel in Q1 next year)
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wmaciej
What happens to bookings with POUG - can I grab an upgrade now and cancel the booking for FTV? (travel in Q1 next year)
POUGs do indeed get added to FTVs. It is included in the cash component of the total fare, so it doesn't have to be allocated towards another POUG. This is assuming you made the original booking after 3 March 2020.

If your flight gets cancelled, and assuming the deal continues, the POUG can also be added to the Avios refund method too, if you prefer that to a cash refund.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Thanks c-w-s!
Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Expiring e voucher

Originally Posted by killaypirate
Evoucher expires 1/10/20. What is situation under Book with Confidence if I book before 30/9/20 and then cancel after 1/10/20? Is this a way to extend an expiring voucher?
Just to say that this strategy worked. Now got FTV valid to April 2022 instead of evoucher expiring Oct 2020. It did cost me 14p extra cash to maintain the full value, but well worth it. Hopefully Covid vaccine will be well sorted by then and, as a shielding person, will feel confident to resume flying.
Dan72 likes this.

Last edited by killaypirate; Sep 12, 2020 at 10:21 am Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Sep 12, 2020, 12:40 pm

If I book and don't want to travel and take a voucher can it be used for multiple flights before 2022? So book a cheap Europe weekend and then save the rest for something else as a part payment etc?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113
If I book and don't want to travel and take a voucher can it be used for multiple flights before 2022? So book a cheap Europe weekend and then save the rest for something else as a part payment etc?
Yes. Any residual value will be issued as an EMD-type e-voucher, whose value you can chip away at until it reduces to zero. No limit to the number of flights that can be purchased. Indeed, this sounds like a FT-style challenge brewing...
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Confus
Yes. Any residual value will be issued as an EMD-type e-voucher, whose value you can chip away at until it reduces to zero. No limit to the number of flights that can be purchased. Indeed, this sounds like a FT-style challenge brewing...
Juicy! Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.