Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Highfly76
As I had to book so far in advance for these flights, there will be virtually no time left on the 241 voucher to allow it to be used again given current crisis. So would I just loose the 241 or would there be anyway to get it extended in light of current circumstances?
My best guess is that they may allow extensions, but that is all it is, a guess. Having said that 2-4-1 don't have to be booked well in advance, some routes are easier at short notice rather than long notice.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by HGOLI
Thanks CWS - I just wasn't sure what category a flight plus hire car comes into, whether it's classed as a holiday...? (I paid in full for the flight and car)

No, I won't be doing anything yet, just wondered what my options may be if the restrictions come into place. Thanks for the quick response.
I think technically a car and flight booking is a BA Holidays booking. Did you receive an email with an ATOL certificate? Or is there a link to one in MMB? If so it's a BA Holidays booking.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Great. The policy that allows bookings to be converted into vouchers was posted at 1835. My flight, which I was unable to take and had to classify as a write-off, left at 1950.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Yup won’t be calling until a little later, but will just drop an email. Charging 5% penalty is ok insurance does cover, just need to get it done and get some forms of documentation of the cancellation penalty charged. With all the reductions of flights and schedules, and all the cancellation of first class, no longer make sense for me to rework and rebook at this point.
Depending upon your routing you may be able to argue that rule 16(b)(2) relating to refusal of entry permit allows a full refund, but if you are sure that your travel insurance will cover the 5% penalty then it may not be worth the effort.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Ask BA if same-day change is applicable to your ticket. If it is, it should work if you call on the day.

That might be a possibility if all else fails, it's a Club Europe booking and I did look at changing the booking online but there's a Ł100 per ticket rebooking fee. I don't think the ticket is restricted but it's hard to find out from the other side of the world and I can't see anything on Manage My Booking or the e-ticket.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC
POUG

Does anyone know whether BA are refunding the cost of a POUG when you apply for a voucher online/by telephone?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by My_head_is_spinning
Does anyone know whether BA are refunding the cost of a POUG when you apply for a voucher online/by telephone?
Same question really, I have 4 returns all with POUG. I put one in last night to test the theory as it was an upcoming flight (tomorrow). I assume POUG paid with cash will be included as long as a human in the back office is processing these.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My understanding is that if you use the form the POUG cost will be included in the eVoucher, so if you accepted a POUG you will still get the value back.
tuonopepper likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: BA
Will seat fee's be included in the voucher too?
Have an Avios booking with POUG and reserved seats
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Oli Venn
Will seat fee's be included in the voucher too?
Have an Avios booking with POUG and reserved seats
Dunno. Paging @Hawk777
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: BA
Has anyone had an Avios booking turned to voucher yet? Just wondering what the voucher value would be as I understand it can then be used on normal bookings
Highfly76 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA HOLIDAYS - FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE

Just spoken to BA Holidays via YouFirst. Flying UK to US in F on Thursday (19 March) on "flight plus car" trip. (I was nervous about 48h cancellation for holidays and my ability to call tomorrow.)

Options are:
- refund to original payment cards.
- voucher to value to use within 12 months of of flight
- rebooking up to 1 August (I didn't explore this further as not useful to me).
They are working through cases and emailing customers by order of departure.

I've taken refund - I'll add this info to the WiKi.

YouFirst hold time was approx 30 mins and another 10 mins for Holidays to pick up on pass-through.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:29 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Depending upon your routing you may be able to argue that rule 16(b)(2) relating to refusal of entry permit allows a full refund, but if you are sure that your travel insurance will cover the 5% penalty then it may not be worth the effort.
First thanks for everyone’s comments.

I will be asking for waiver due to what you have said plus in the last 2-3 weeks and as recent as this morning, I’ve received email notification of flight cancellations, operational downgrade for almost of flights segment which originally booked in first to business, and a few cancellations resulting in mis-connect which was never fixed by airlines etc. Let’s see. Travel insurance GCI said it will cover and also said the same in their latest FQA. From past experience dealing with travel insurance, they also would like to see you have attempted to recover the cancellation fees first and document if the airlines/travel operator decline. This has made the insurance claim process go much faster and more smoothly.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
It may be posted already upthread, but just as an FYI, although the voucher form says you can submit online or call BA to apply, when I spoke to BA yesterday about something else, I was told that I would have to do it online (not a problem since I intended to do that anyway). Since my flight was still operating, the agent could only cancel it as per ticket conditions, which would have not been a full refund.

Not received the voucher yet and the flight is still showing open for check in for me in MMB, I'm wondering if the voucher is not processed before it departs (later today), if I will be no-showed and then have to argue the toss later. We shall see, I have screen shots of the voucher application and receipt confirmation screens.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Dunno. Paging @Hawk777
as far as I am aware yes seat fees are included in the voucher
corporate-wage-slave and AJA_ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.