LHR T5 Galleries First Lounge- desserts?

Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:55 am
Jed
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
LHR T5 Galleries First Lounge- desserts?

Up until a couple of years ago, there were a few small desserts on the buffet in LHR T5 Galleries First- eg profiteroles.
These seem to no longer be available- every time I have been there since around the early part of 2018, there have been no desserts on the buffet. Now, it is just ice cream from the menu or the large cakes / scones in the afternoon tea section.

Has anyone seen desserts on the buffet recently or have these been enhanced away? Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Jed
Up until a couple of years ago, there were a few small desserts on the buffet in LHR T5 Galleries First- eg profiteroles.
These seem to no longer be available- every time I have been there since around the early part of 2018. Now, it is just ice cream from the menu or the large cakes / scones in the afternoon tea section.

Has anyone seen desserts on the buffet recently or have these been enhanced away? Thanks

There is cake by the coffee machines and ice cream is available upon request.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 4:58 am
Jed
Original Poster

Sure, the cake is nice and I enjoy that at tea time but have the cold desserts on the buffet gone for good?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The order menu usually has a dessert options (currently cheesecake, also chocolate and cherry tart) in addition to ice cream but yes, there aren't any buffet desserts now, other than the cakes and scones.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:05 am
Jed
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The order menu usually has a dessert options (currently cheesecake, also chocolate and cherry tart) in addition to ice cream but yes, there aren't any buffet desserts now, other than the cakes and scones.
Thanks- but I’ve never seen the dessert options other than ice cream on the order menu in the First lounge. I would definitely have partaken in something like cheesecake/choc and cherry tart- but I have only ever see ice cream on that order menu.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jed
Thanks- but I’ve never seen the dessert options other than ice cream on the order menu in the First lounge. I would definitely have partaken in something like cheesecake/choc and cherry tart- but I have only ever see ice cream on that order menu.
It's on the CCR menu, so I must admit I thought you lovely people in Flounge would also have access to it.....
Mike Skyflier likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 8:51 am
Jed
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's on the CCR menu, so I must admit I thought you lovely people in Flounge would also have access to it.....
Ah, that explains it! Unfortunately our menu in the F lounge doesn’t include the desserts apart from the ice cream.
I guess ice cream it is!
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Jed
Ah, that explains it! Unfortunately our menu in the F lounge doesn’t include the desserts apart from the ice cream.
I guess ice cream it is!
Indeed the CCR desserts are not offered in the F lounge only the Jude ice cream.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
What the hot buffet needs is spotted dick, apple crumble, bread and butter pudding etc.
Jofnan, wilsnunn, Markie and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
A regional lounge has been known to provide custard when the sticky ginger cake has been on offer. I’m not sure if it was brought in for it specifically but on a Sunday afternoon whilst a tad fragile it went down a treat.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
A regional lounge has been known to provide custard when the sticky ginger cake has been on offer. I’m not sure if it was brought in for it specifically but on a Sunday afternoon whilst a tad fragile it went down a treat.
I wonder if this is the lovely fella in Inverness......I can see him merrily walking round the lounge with a big jug of custard, pouring it liberally on anything that he thinks might benefit from it.
Markie likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.