Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Club World LGW-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

BA Club World LGW-JFK

Long term user (if not contributor) of FT, but can't seem to find that much info about Club World on the refurb'd 777 from Gatwick- nothing really from later than '18.

In a week or so I'm connecting through LGW and have taken a punt on the JFK flight out of there as easier than transiting through London in rush hour. However a friend mentioned that when he did the flight a month or so ago it was 'club-lite' - service not great, food poor etc. Am now concerned that it was a moment of madness and I should change to take the 747s out of LHR instead.

If anyone has any Feedback on the route/plane etc much appreciated! I think the windows in row 4 are missing a window?
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Never flew out of lgw to JFK but have flew back jfk to lgw never had a problem with service or food. As for if you can change it to LHR that will literally just depend on.the t and cs of your booking class
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hawk777
Never flew out of lgw to JFK but have flew back jfk to lgw never had a problem with service or food. As for if you can change it to LHR that will literally just depend on.the t and cs of your booking class
24 Hour cancellation window
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
I wouldn’t pay any attention to the onboard experiences people post on here. The majority of experiences are more likely to be positive or expected. People will undoubtedly post poor experiences more so than good experiences.

LGW-JFK is a nice flight, it’s also great crew at LGW, having used them more than LHR crew, as LGW is more local for me.

There is a slight downside to this flight, it can be cancelled but it’s not been a big issue recently. If or when it is cancelled the options are LHR, therefore it becomes stressful. But this hasn’t been reported much recently.

But as your point is more about service then you will be fine, LGW crew are great. Especially the Scottish contingency that LGW has, that I’ve come across. If you’re on a refurbed aircraft then it’s a nice flight.
enemigo and navylad like this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I wouldn’t pay any attention to the onboard experiences people post on here. The majority of experiences are more likely to be positive or expected. People will undoubtedly post poor experiences more so than good experiences.

LGW-JFK is a nice flight, it’s also great crew at LGW, having used them more than LHR crew, as LGW is more local for me.

There is a slight downside to this flight, it can be cancelled but it’s not been a big issue recently. If or when it is cancelled the options are LHR, therefore it becomes stressful. But this hasn’t been reported much recently.

But as your point is more about service then you will be fine, LGW crew are great. Especially the Scottish contingency that LGW has, that I’ve come across. If you’re on a refurbed aircraft then it’s a nice flight.
One of the positive aspects of the corona virus cancelations is that BA now have sufficient airframes and crew for its services,so there is no need for wet leases or cancelations of LGW-JFK
Old Feb 29, 2020, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
remember that if you arrive at LGW and then have to get to LHR that the BA MCT is 3 hours so you would be adding at least a couple of hours to the length of your entire trip
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA DL
Originally Posted by enemigo
Long term user (if not contributor) of FT, but can't seem to find that much info about Club World on the refurb'd 777 from Gatwick- nothing really from later than '18.

In a week or so I'm connecting through LGW and have taken a punt on the JFK flight out of there as easier than transiting through London in rush hour. However a friend mentioned that when he did the flight a month or so ago it was 'club-lite' - service not great, food poor etc. Am now concerned that it was a moment of madness and I should change to take the 747s out of LHR instead.

If anyone has any Feedback on the route/plane etc much appreciated! I think the windows in row 4 are missing a window?
a month or so ago it was operated by a crappy Evelop A330.. it is now back to a BA777
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Ok perfect- many thanks - any tips on seats on the new planes?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by enemigo
Ok perfect- many thanks - any tips on seats on the new planes?
Non aisle seats in row 4 with direct aisle access, perhaps. http://thebasource.com/seat-maps/b777-200er/32j52w252y/
rockflyertalk and LCY8737 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:29 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by wingzing
a month or so ago it was operated by a crappy Evelop A330.. it is now back to a BA777
Yes back to the 777 now and has been since Feb 11th
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Is it true that row 4 is mising a window? I've booked 4A/4B for CPT-LGW for Jan next year.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by kosy91
Is it true that row 4 is mising a window? I've booked 4A/4B for CPT-LGW for Jan next year.
yes, it is missing the middle of 3 windows.

As a couple, I'd recommend 1AB or JK on this 777, if they are available
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by JamieG
yes, it is missing the middle of 3 windows.

As a couple, I'd recommend 1AB or JK on this 777, if they are available
They're booked. I'll keep an eye out
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by kosy91
I had 4A on a recent MCO-LGW on a three class 772 (G-VIIP). While it is nice to have direct aisle access the seat is effectively windowless. One window by your head is blocked by the seat surround and the other window is by the footstool.
Something that could easily be fixed by putting the seats in the other way round.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:52 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by V800
I had 4A on a recent MCO-LGW on a three class 772 (G-VIIP). While it is nice to have direct aisle access the seat is effectively windowless. One window by your head is blocked by the seat surround and the other window is by the footstool.
Something that could easily be fixed by putting the seats in the other way round.
does anyone know if this is the same for 4K?
(I assume so..)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.