Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: carrotjuice
BAEC notification
updated 25 March 2020

Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Executive Club Tier Flexibility Policy
We understand the substantial impact these unprecedented times are having on the lives of our Executive Club Members. We have taken steps to protect the Tier status and well-earned benefits of our Members.

We’ll be lowering Tier Point thresholds by 30% for all Members due for Tier upgrade or renewal in April, May and June. This results in lower Tier qualification thresholds as laid out below
  • Bronze: 210 Tier Points
  • Silver: 420 Tier Points
  • Gold: 1050 Tier Points
  • Gold Guest List (Renewal): 2100 Tier Points (not on BA.com, internal only)
    Gold Guest List (Upgrade): 3500 Tier Points (not on BA.com, internal only)

To ensure our Members still have the opportunity to use their Gold Upgrade Vouchers, Companion Vouchers and Travel Together Tickets earned via a British Airways credit card, we’re applying a six-month expiration extension to any current vouchers.

The situation is constantly changing, which is why we’re continuously reviewing our policy and will communicate any updates.

See here for details: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/tiers-and-benefits?dr=&dt=British%20Airways%20%7C%20Book%20F lights,%20Holidays,%20City%20Breaks%20%26%20Check% 20In%20Online&scheme=&audience=travel&CUSTSEG=&GGL Member=&ban=c2b728e5fe0683865614c44450048aa6%7C%7C CAM%7C6%7CCTA1%7C1%7C%7C%7C%7CHOME%7C%7C%7C%7CL4%7 C%7C%7C%7Canonymous-inspiration%7C%7C%7C&KMtag=c&KMver=1.0&clickpage=H OME#flexibility

FAQs

Show all|Hide all
How do I benefit from the Tier Flexibility policy?If you are eligible for a Tier upgrade or renewal under this policy, there is no need to contact us. This will be processed automatically once your Tier Point collection year ends and you will receive an email from the Executive Club team to confirm this.

In the meantime, you will not see any changes to your account until the start of your new Tier Point collection year.

My Tier Point collection year ends in July 2020 or thereafter. Does the Tier Flexibility policy apply to me?The Tier Flexibility policy only applies to Members due for renewal in April, May and June 2020. We understand that the situation is constantly changing, which is why we are continuously reviewing our policies and will be in touch with any changes that are applicable to your membership in the future. There is no need to contact us.

Where can I see my Tier Point collection year end date?This can be viewed on the My Executive Club page or the mobile app. This is shown underneath your current Tier Point total, or at the bottom of the ‘My account’ page on the mobile app.

Do I need to reach the eligible flights required for my Tier to benefit from the 30% Tier Point threshold reduction?The eligible flight requirements have been waived for Members who qualify for the 30% Tier Point threshold reduction in order to renew or upgrade.

I redeemed a Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, earned via a British Airways credit card on a booking that was changed or cancelled. Does the six-month extension apply to me?If you’ve applied a voucher, or ticket to a booking for travel from 1 March 2020, should your flight(s) get cancelled or you defer your travel to a later date, we will apply a 6-month extension to your voucher. This will happen automatically and there is no need to contact us.

I redeemed a Gold Upgrade Voucher on a booking that was changed or cancelled. Does the six-month extension apply to me?If you’ve applied a voucher to a booking for travel from 1 March 2020, should your flight(s) get cancelled or you defer your travel to a later date, we will apply a six-month extension to your voucher. This will happen automatically and there is no need to contact us.

Is my voucher included in the six-month extension policy?This policy covers all vouchers earned using a British Airways credit card. This includes American Express Companion Vouchers, Chase Travel Together Tickets, RBC Companion Award Vouchers, Asba Companion Vouchers, RSB American Express Companion Vouchers and RSB World Mastercard Companion Vouchers.

This policy also includes Gold Upgrade Vouchers.

I am close to earning a Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, with a British Airways credit card. Does the 6-month extension apply to me?We want to maximise the opportunity for Members to use their well earned vouchers. If your Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, earned via a British Airways credit card is issued during March, April, May or June, we will be automatically applying a 6-month extension. This may take some time to reflect in your account, however there is no need to contact us.

This does not currently apply to Gold Upgrade Vouchers.
Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
I used the Web form in the last week and I received a reply within 2 days, as per my post 1531 above.
I'm silver on 580 tier points, 20 short of re-qualifying on 8 July, with a cancelled 320 tier point trip in April . Using the web form BA replied 24 hours later:

"We recognise there are times we can be more flexible for our Members, especially for our loyal and frequent travellers.
I'm happy to say that your membership will be renewed at Silver for another year. This will update on your account shortly after your current Tier Point collection year ends."

Pleased with the outcome - just hope I can utilise the benefits in the next membership year!
Old May 21, 2020, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by GBOAC
Sorry, so requalification in April, when you will have had ONE significantly impacted month (march onwards) gets you a 30% reduction, but July renewal, with four significantly impacted months gets you 20% reduction...? So you had to do 80% of usual travel within 60% of the year.....?
I'm shafted if this is policy.
And we can't even do tier point runs at the moment due to Gov advice against overseas travel and non-essential travel.
And the fact that many countries are not permiting UK arrivals still, and this is showing no signs of easing the immediate future. There are so many factors, UK, non-UK, company/organisation travel policies that all have to align to allow travel to resume, there won't be a major frequent flyer uptick in travel in June. What on earth are BA playing at?
Obviously, whatever agent that communicated that information is mistaken
That said, if BA run half their normal schedule for the rest of the year, from July, you'd expect silver renewal to drop 50 tp's for lost June and 25 tp's for July so a drop of 75 tps
Gold another 150 to around 900
Old May 21, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I suppose we have no idea where BA and other one world operators will fly to from now and in the future. I have only to date 330 tier points. 3 vouchers with BA for cancelled flights, vouchers for Malaysian Airlines for four cancelled
sectors and a refund I hope I will eventually get from Finnair for a longhaul ex Oslo to Singapore and back. Not forgetting vouchers for x8 Qantas flights. I have just used AA points to fly to PER in QR "business" in the coming days and it's flights I am not particularly keen on experiencing although I trust QR implicitly to fly and make me as comfortable as possible before my imposed 14 days in quarantine in a authority issued hotel so that I should be able to rejoin my wife back in PER after 3 months apart. I think my time with OneWorld is closing. I reckon I maybe inclined to just choose whatever operator can offer me a decent price in the pointy end be it *Alliance, or Skyteam to wherever I want to go that is if I can go! I will have to drop to Silver and then no doubt Bronze. COVID has also brought out the important things in life and that may help me.put such things into perspective.🤔

Last edited by nivsy; May 21, 2020 at 10:42 am
Old May 21, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Seems QR are offering status matches, not sure if they'll allow from same alliance but, if so, matching with them and then using my BA vouchers on BA codeshare flights to meet the requal QR requirements, could be an easier way to keep OW status than waiting for BA to tell me what I need before next Jan's requal.
Old May 21, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Seems QR are offering status matches, not sure if they'll allow from same alliance but, if so, matching with them and then using my BA vouchers on BA codeshare flights to meet the requal QR requirements, could be an easier way to keep OW status than waiting for BA to tell me what I need before next Jan's requal.
No same alliance matching. Limited others I understand.
Old May 21, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Ended last night so you're out of luck, even assuming you were a member of the limited number of programmes they were matching to - Emirates, Etihad, Singapore, Turkish, plus the all-but-dead South African and Virgin Australia.

EDIT: Reopened (until 11:59pm on the 22nd May) on the UK/GB version of Qatar Airways website for Emirates, Etihad and Turkish only.
orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by southlondonphil; May 22, 2020 at 12:35 am Reason: revised info
Old May 21, 2020, 4:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Still open, but it is only for those in the Etihad Airways, Emirates, and Turkish Airlines FFPs.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/P...4507330a180511
Old May 22, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Imagine the chaos if QR offered to match any BA status right now.
Old May 22, 2020, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Just a reminder that it's harder to maintain status ( if we omit the reduced thresholds for the first year ) at QRPC compared to BAEC.
Also, there is a 4 QR segment rule similar to what BA does.

Plus no Elemis Spa access, no Concorde Room access, no arrivals lounge based on status when using QRPC on BA.

However, it's obvious that QR would have an inbox chaos ( probably more than 10k applicants ) if they offered the status match to BAEC members.
Old May 22, 2020, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

Plus no Elemis Spa access ............. .
Well this particular one at least brought a welcome smile on a rather dull Friday morning

Based on my past experiences (not to mention reports from many others), I tend to rate the chances of successfully securing an advance appointment for a ‘proper’ Elemis spa treatment (as distinct from being invited to sit in an automated massage chair) in the BA lounges roughly on a par with me taking just a single game off Roger Federer* on the tennis court .....

* though on further reflection, the reality is that the Swiss maestro has never actually beaten me
orbitmic and AdBoy like this.
Old May 22, 2020, 5:19 am

Must say my Elemis Spa record has been close to 100% at the LHR Arrivals Lounge, so I'd miss the freshening up before heading to the city.
Old May 22, 2020, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Must say my Elemis Spa record has been close to 100% at the LHR Arrivals Lounge, so I'd miss the freshening up before heading to the city.
That’s good

Certainly no trouble at all with using showers in arrivals (aren’t there something around 90 of them ... ??!!) .... but I was talking more about the departure lounge spa
Old May 22, 2020, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Considering QR are one of IAGs largest shareholders and typically airlines don't status match within an alliance. I'm sure if QR management thought BA were taking the wrong approach here they'd be able to convince them to change.
Old May 22, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Any more of an idea as to when BA may be making its rumoured announcement?
Old May 22, 2020, 6:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Any more of an idea as to when BA may be making its rumoured announcement?
It is unlikely that anyone who knows will post here. Everything else is just uninformed speculation and largely useless. So it will fit right in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.