Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA apologises for delay to flight upon which I did not travel

Old Feb 27, 20, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

This detailed apology just received from BA by text is all very interesting, but it would have been even more so had I actually travelled on today's BA108 (or indeed ever been booked to do so)!

"BA108 - We would like to apologise for the delay to your flight to Heathrow today. This was due to the cargo door being stuck which took some time for our engineers to resolve which was then furthered due to a wheel change required on the aircraft. We trust you were well looked after by our cabin crew and we hope you had a pleasant flight."

I wanted to share just in case you did travel on today's BA108, and I have received the apology that was intended for you.
Misco60 likes this.

Last edited by Starship73; Feb 27, 20 at 9:09 am
Old Feb 27, 20, 10:00 am

Programs: KL/BMI/BA
I hope you've replied and asked for your EU261 compensation
hotel_user, LiHS and Symmetre like this.
Old Feb 27, 20, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by simon stingray View Post
I hope you've replied and asked for your EU261 compensation
And your Avios and Tier points
Old Feb 27, 20, 11:01 am
Original Poster

The plot has thickened slightly now. I have received a different version of the apology by email citing a flight number that I did actually fly on earlier today, but which operated very much on schedule. The email apology presents the same scenario for the 'delay' as presented in the text above, ie the cargo door problems and wheel change which apparently afflicted the BA108 but not my flight!

"Important information about your BAXXX flight to London Heathrow on 27 Feb 2020

We would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the delay to your flight to London Heathrow today. Any delay can be frustrating, and we are sorry that your flight was affected on this occasion.

As we are sure you were made aware, the delay was due to the cargo door being stuck which took some time for our engineers to resolve. This was then furthered due to a wheel change required on the aircraft prior to departure.

We trust you were well looked after by our cabin crew and we hope you had a pleasant flight. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard again soon.

Warm regards,

British Airways Customer Service"

Some wires have definitely been crossed somewhere!
Old Feb 27, 20, 11:08 am

Looks like someone left the "random excuse generator" turned on.
Old Feb 27, 20, 3:42 pm

These are triggered manually so it’s interesting if they go wrong! Is there any way a booking could have contained your details? E.g. had a booking but changed the date, or booked for someone else on your account? (Both of those have happened to me in the past!)

If not, it could be worth a tweet to ask them to pass it on to the right team. They’re relatively new and still I believe at the stage where they welcome feedback.
Starship73 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 20, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Confus View Post
These are triggered manually so it’s interesting if they go wrong! Is there any way a booking could have contained your details? E.g. had a booking but changed the date, or booked for someone else on your account? (Both of those have happened to me in the past!)

If not, it could be worth a tweet to ask them to pass it on to the right team. They’re relatively new and still I believe at the stage where they welcome feedback.
interesting! The booking was made through our corporate TA months ago. Sometimes ‘sorry’ seems to be the easiest word...
Old Feb 28, 20, 4:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Doesn't this make you eligible for 2x EU261 compensation ?
Old Feb 28, 20, 7:09 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The Intern has returned to Customer Service after their stint in Operations.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: