South America trip/TP Run

Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

South America trip/TP Run

Hi after going to South America in mid/end of June and might as well make a TP run out of it to finally get gold. visiting Santiago, Bueonos Aries and Rio and possibly more if but defo these, I've had a quick look on ITA matrix I've seen mentioned but I'm a technophobe and seems complicated (probably isnt) is there a dummies guide or can anyone find any good J Fares for the trip. Happy to do EX Eu to make it cheaper
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

The basics of ITA isn't really complicated and I'm a little bit of a technophobe too and I am always very grateful to those who post screenshots on the BA Tier Point Run thread that is worthwhile studying. I'm more a visual learner so these for me are extremely useful.

There is also the travel tools forum and threads about how to use it etc. Worth investing a little bit of your time in and looking through the pages. Of course not all but the screenshots are very quick to search through to see any given format.

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread
T8191 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, Marriott Bonvoy TfL
The issue you will have travelling around South America in future is that Latam leaves OW this summer.

In terms of getting there, I consistently find decent priced runs ex-LIS on BA/AA via gateway cities in the US. Last month I did LIS-LHR-ORD-DFW-GRU and back via MIA and ORD, for about £1700, and I Matrix is quoting slightly lower prices as available over the summer.

You used to be able to get some decent priced internal trips within South America, the slight problem being that a trip of even the length of EZE-LIM was only a 40TP leg. Last summer I did BOG-GRU-LIM-GRU-BOG, which were 140 TP legs for about £1300, from memory.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve74
The issue you will have travelling around South America in future is that Latam leaves OW this summer.

In terms of getting there, I consistently find decent priced runs ex-LIS on BA/AA via gateway cities in the US. Last month I did LIS-LHR-ORD-DFW-GRU and back via MIA and ORD, for about £1700, and I Matrix is quoting slightly lower prices as available over the summer.

You used to be able to get some decent priced internal trips within South America, the slight problem being that a trip of even the length of EZE-LIM was only a 40TP leg. Last summer I did BOG-GRU-LIM-GRU-BOG, which were 140 TP legs for about £1300, from memory.
yep I'd forgot latam leaving day off tmrw so a day of planning on the laptop might just forget the tps and book what's best for South American flights and see what's best ex eu tmrw

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.