Wiki Posts
Search

BA Direct flights between LCY & GRX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Emirates,Qatar,Iberia,United
Question BA Direct flights between LCY & GRX

Hi - first, apols if this is in the wrong place but hoping a BA expert can help me on this one.

I love Granada and have regularly used the reward flight saver option on the direct flight between LCY and GRX. However - I've just tried to go book the same route now - and it seems to have disappeared?? Does anyone know if BA have stopped this route? It's no longer an option on the rewardflightfinder website - presumably because only the indirect (via Madrid ) options are showing up on the BA website.

Any help appreciated to stop me thinking I've gone mad!!

Cheers,

Michelle
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Welcome to FT shell147!

Looks like BA dropped that route - not possible to book a direct flight on BA.com and nothing showing on ITA Matrix either. Your best bet is to go to MAD and then down to GRX. One plus is that you will get some additional TPs and Avios!

Enjoy!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, shell147!
Originally Posted by shell147
Does anyone know if BA have stopped this route?
Wikipedia is very good for a quick check on these questions, because the Wikipedians responsible for lists of destinations are pretty good at keeping them up to date. See:-Sadly, it looks like the answer to your question is therefore yes.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And I will add my greetings to you welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum shell147. Yes, BACF did stop their service to GRX, in return for adding San Sebastián-Donostia, this was just before Christmas. In addition to the advice about Madrid, you could also look at services to AGP Málaga and taking a taxi, train or coach from there. AGP has some good fares and timetable options, so it may work out for you.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
GRX is my local airport, and it was a a pain when the GRX/LCYroute was dropped. As noted above, the route via MAD is good if you want to go to LHR, but if you prefer LCY, then go to AGP and take the ALSA coach (once or twice an hour, direct to the Granada bus station, in 2./2.5 hrs hours with wifi onboard for 12/15 euros). A cab will cost you around 100/120 euros, albeit to the centre of Granada.
There are also direct Easyjet flights to London.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Emirates,Qatar,Iberia,United
Thanks for the welcome!

That's a shame, that direct flight was so useful for us! Think we'll fly into Seville instead and spend a few nights there first before getting the bus over - I'm booking this one with points so wouldn't get any bonus tier points for the Madrid route suggestion, appreciated though.

Cheers.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Bumping this to lament that there’s no nonstop BA flight to GRX any more — how long did this LCY route last? Was there ever an LHR route too/instead? Is there any commercial prospect of it coming back in future?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by salut0
Bumping this to lament that there’s no nonstop BA flight to GRX any more
+1
Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:02 pm

If memory serves...

The only route to the UK for ages was Ryanair from STN. I took the flight in 2005. They eventually dropped it before BA picked it up via LCY in, say, 2013/14 (I took it in Feb '14).

Loved the frontier feeling of Granada (at least at the time).
Old Feb 27, 2024, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Robyyz
If memory serves...

The only route to the UK for ages was Ryanair from STN. I took the flight in 2005. They eventually dropped it before BA picked it up via LCY in, say, 2013/14 (I took it in Feb '14).

Loved the frontier feeling of Granada (at least at the time).
Now there’s Vueling to LGW but I don’t like the prospect of doing that, having read about the Vueling experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.