Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reward First Flights - Seat Availability?? Help Please!

Reward First Flights - Seat Availability?? Help Please!

Old Feb 26, 20, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Hey hewittj1 if you are Avios rich - book the return you want in the cabin you want using the Gold double Avios, then you can reduce to single use or even 241 if F rewards open. It will give you peace of mind and you'll have what you require
GENIUS!! Never occurred to me, completely forgot I could do that. Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 20, 2:48 am

Programs: "Only" 55,000 TPs until GGLfL
I'm going to echo the comments upthread. BA are significantly reducing the amount of F seats being flown across the network, and avios F award available will be disproportionately reduced. BA frequently offer pretty good sale fares in F to certain destinations, so for those of you who "must" fly in F, get used to paying for it.
LondonElite likes this.
Old Feb 26, 20, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by hewittj1 View Post
I think I've now worked out the flights I am after have been released, and someone else has got to them before me!
Unless you have access to inside information, I can't see how you could possibly work that out. As has already been said, there may have been no seats released yet, or it may be that no seats will ever be released on that flight.
Old Feb 26, 20, 9:22 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Wow you must be so important but obviously not important enough to pay for this special occasion. Really rude to say shut up. By the way I have been flying BA in all classes since I was a kid. I agree CW is not great but beggars can’t be choosy, sorry pity the person you are sharing this special trip with. I am fully aware of the costs of a one way but if something is so important to you you shouldn’t let cost interfere. I suggest you chill a bit this is only a forum. Have a nice day
Old Feb 26, 20, 11:03 am

I've often found that BA offer plenty of F availability in one direction for popular routes but next to nothing the other way.

If going F both ways is more important than a particular destination, and OP can find availability both ways somewhere else then I'd say go for it. While F seats can open up at any time, it's far from likely and seems to happen less frequently than yesteryear.
Old Feb 26, 20, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by alexwuk View Post
I'm going to echo the comments upthread. BA are significantly reducing the amount of F seats being flown across the network, and avios F award available will be disproportionately reduced. BA frequently offer pretty good sale fares in F to certain destinations, so for those of you who "must" fly in F, get used to paying for it.
in this case , Barbados is a Gatwick route and may well end up with some of the last 14F 777s around. More likely BA think they can sell the seats (which seems reasonable in peak season), or a GGL has taken all the redemption spaces and more.
Euther way on an overnight where sleep might be the prime focus, I’m not so sure that Club is such a bad option.
fdem likes this.

Search this Thread