Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

the grass is not always greener on the other side...

Old Feb 23, 20, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond

I rarely start threads but just wanted to call out the BA-is-the-worst-airline-in-the-world-brigade who think that everything goes smoothly on other airlines. I just landed at KBP with Lufthansa in business class and they had no catering on the flight. I am not going to complain or ask for a refund of the difference between economy and business as some here are quick to suggest, I did not really care. But I can only imagine if that would happen on a BA flight and what an uproar this would have caused. Things happen. Sometimes you just need to shrug them off.
HIDDY and argonath like this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Why don’t you care, and why wouldn’t you complain?
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko View Post
I rarely start threads but just wanted to call out the BA-is-the-worst-airline-in-the-world-brigade who think that everything goes smoothly on other airlines. I just landed at KBP with Lufthansa in business class and they had no catering on the flight. I am not going to complain or ask for a refund of the difference between economy and business as some here are quick to suggest, I did not really care. But I can only imagine if that would happen on a BA flight and what an uproar this would have caused. Things happen. Sometimes you just need to shrug them off.
Have you thought about flying on a different airline?
chris1922Mk2 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

Yes, the older I get, the less bothered I am about things like this
Andriyko, AndyFlyer, HIDDY and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Why don’t you care, and why wouldn’t you complain?
Because I understand that sometimes .... happens. It did not inconvenience me in any way. They delivered me to Kiev, which is what I paid them for. That is what matters to me. I am not advocating for others to adopt my approach. I just wanted to point out that other airlines can mess up too.

Originally Posted by Kgmm77 View Post
Have you thought about flying on a different airline?
No, this flight did not make me not want to fly with LH again.
Annalisa12 and argonath like this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:39 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Depends how important a meal was... and if the airline tells you before you board so you get a chance to grab something....
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Skipcool3 View Post
Depends how important a meal was... and if the airline tells you before you board so you get a chance to grab something....
True. You make a very good and valid point. I was coming form Paris connecting at MUC and I was actually looking forward to a meal on the Kiev flight. I bought some macaroons at CDG to bring back home and that's what I snacked on. I would have appreciated it if they told me, us, in advance that there would be no catering.
Old Feb 23, 20, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko View Post
But I can only imagine if that would happen on a BA flight and what an uproar this would have caused. .
Have you considered that it may have caused an 'uproar' on the Lufthansa threads for any FT members affected on that flight?
orbitmic and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Needs posting in the LH forum, not BA
stevie, LCY8737, orbitmic and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 4:25 pm

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation View Post
Needs posting in the LH forum, not BA
no.
relevant comparison of experience - and also of the compensation ‘something for nothing’ attitude that can pervade some posts here.
Old Feb 23, 20, 4:28 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
It has been reported that LH is offering to pay for people’s meal when they fly in C and they don’t cater due to catering issues. Some people even had a 100 euros meal fully paid. BA at its best will give you 5.000 Avios.... Also you can select your seat for free with LH! Even without status. Bottom line, all airlines have issues with catering, seating, IT etc. The problem that I have and some other people is the frequency of these incidents ( much more often compare to LH group) and also the extreme level they can get ( ie a relatively dirty toilet in Y in LH and the one we just saw a few days ago in this forum on a BA aircraft...)
lhrsfo likes this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by passy777 View Post
Have you considered that it may have caused an 'uproar' on the Lufthansa threads for any FT members affected on that flight?
Posting in the Lufthansa thread would have meant complaining. I did not want to complain. Neither did I want to seek an advice regarding compensation. I specifically started the topic here to point out that other airlines do not always do things right.
Old Feb 23, 20, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
I've had good and not so good experiences flying with Lufty.....no different from any other airline I've flown with.

Which makes me wonder why BA attracts so much attention when they don't get it right? I rarely pay much attention to other airlines promotional blurb about their products right enough.
Old Feb 23, 20, 4:37 pm

There is no BA-is-the-worst-airline-in-the-world brigade.
orbitmic, wemyss and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 4:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
BA at its best will give you 5.000 Avios....
Read here: What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?. 8,000 to 15,000 Avios seems to be the current going rate

Search this Thread
Search Engine: