BA bonus Avios?

Old Feb 20, 20, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
BA bonus Avios?

Does anyone know if BA is due to offer 50 or 30 percent bonus Avios in the near future? I'm several thousand short on a 2-4-1 trip to Nairobi next February.
Old Feb 20, 20, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Likely yes but who knows when - only BA

TBH if you need them for something that will likely be under demand (such as reward flights) you might be better off just buying them to be certain of getting your reward flights.
johnaalex likes this.
Old Feb 20, 20, 9:29 am

I'm after some too. Looking through my emails earlier the promotion for 50% extra was run this time last year (when I purchased a load), I do seem to recall a 30% bonus a month or so ago though.
Old Feb 20, 20, 11:23 am

Programs: British Airways
Thereís currently a 50 % bonus on Iberia Avios, so if you have an active account you could purchase there and transfer to BA.
Old Feb 21, 20, 1:01 am

Programs: BA Silver; Virgin Silver; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Avis president's
For a small top up (not several thousand, sorry) the e-store is a decent way of racking up a trickle of points.
Old Feb 21, 20, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Also worth having a look at some of the hotel schemes. Marriott Bonvoy have a 50% top up on purchases Bonvoy points which transfer to Avios at 3:1

If you buy 60,000 Marriott Points, costing $500, this translates to 25,000 Avios as you also get 5,000 bonus Avios when you transfer 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy™ points to Avios in one transaction

https://storefront.points.com/marriott/en-US/buy

Cost to buy 25k Avois on BA.com is GBP£415, so buying through the Marriott offer gives you a 10% cost saving but only worth it if you do it in lumps ot 60,000 Bonvoy points to get the 5k Avios uplift

Last edited by nollag; Feb 21, 20 at 2:29 am Reason: Add Marriott link
Old Feb 21, 20, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Claranda View Post
Does anyone know if BA is due to offer 50 or 30 percent bonus Avios in the near future? I'm several thousand short on a 2-4-1 trip to Nairobi next February.
Itís worth checking the cash fares to Nairobi as well; Iíve been back and forth 8 times since November, and the most recent (actually an NBO>>LHR>>NBO nested in an LHR>>NBO>>LHR ticket) was Ďonlyí £1,958 in First. The ex LHR ticket was around £1,700 in Club. Iíve paid as little as £1,100 ex LHR for WT+ outbound and Club World inbound. But Iíve also seen fares of over £4K in Club, and £3k in WT+ For an 8 hour day flight I find WT+ to be fine; thereís always WiFi on the route IME. Bizarrely at the moment using our corporate semi flex fare out of LHR in WT+ and back in F is cheaper than coming back in J
Old Feb 21, 20, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler View Post
Thereís currently a 50 % bonus on Iberia Avios, so if you have an active account you could purchase there and transfer to BA.
You need to have both Iberia and BAEC accounts open for a min of 90 days for that to work:
https://onemileatatime.com/buy-iberi...price_on_avios

Search this Thread
Search Engine: