Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA9 LHR-BKK, It Is What It Is

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
The state of that toilet is horrible. It is only in close proximity that you can realise how disgusting some people can be, but even still that ought to be cleaned mid-flight because it's seriously unpleasant for quite a lot of people. And it'll be trailed through the aircraft upon exit... yuck.

I assume the WiFi goes out because the countries you're flying over don't allow it? I had that coming back from BKK via DOH when we flew over India.

I can only sympathise with the experience. Not pleasant at all and it is the sort of thing that would dissuade me from using the airline in future.
muoitrieu and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Trippelone
has the OP as AA emerald been greeted by the CSD/CSM?
Great questions. No I wasn't actually to my surprise because when I've flown CX or JL, I'm almost always "bothered" by the head purser about being "emerald" and asked if I needed anything during the flight. This flight? Zero.
Originally Posted by Trippelone
the food and drink service OK? Were the FA's friendly? Did the OP receive his AA miles?
Food was ok, nothing to write home about. FA's were not friendly or rude. I think our total conversation was, "Chicken...or vegetarian pasta?" And yes, I got my AA miles, but in retrospect, I should've done LHR-DOH-BKK if I had known what was to come. Now I do needless to say.
​​​​​
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:30 am

but positive is what Your laptop didn't die using wifi just wifi died
muoitrieu likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fruitcage
The state of the washroom seems to be more about the way the pax have behaved than about the type or age of the plane- or am I missing something?
Excellent point. But somehow I think the behavior of pax in economy are also a reaction/reflection of BA and service. But to your point, you're exactly right. We're adults and have to take care of ourselves for the common good! How much more can one ask for?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA First, LGW-UVF ...

muoitrieu likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
BA First, LGW-UVF ...

Yikes.
​​​​
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by T8191
BA First, LGW-UVF ...
Why was there more loo roll in the top pic compared to the bottom? The top pic shows both dispensers being full.
muoitrieu and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:57 am

This is why i try to avoid BA, especially the old 777 sardine cans. Got rebooked on BA10 and had almost similar horrible overall experience. Until refurbished, would not recommend. Skip it and go for QR.
muoitrieu likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
A question for the BA staffers, is it against standard operating procedure for the crew to don some marigolds/latex gloves and with a few disinfectant wipes give the place a wipe down, replenish the toiletries and if necessary empty the bin during the flight?
NoY, muoitrieu and T8191 like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
By far my biggest gripe about the older style WT/WTP seats is the lack of in seat power.

I sort of understand apportioning off a section of aircraft in a fleet to not refurbish if those planes are heading into retirement over the next few years but BA still has a number of 777s that haven’t seen a penny of interior investment for years.

I just find it odd that in 2020, on a long haul route with the flagship British airline you have a chance of no access to in seat power for any devices.
muoitrieu and wrp96 like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by icegirl
A question for the BA staffers, is it against standard operating procedure for the crew to don some marigolds/latex gloves and with a few disinfectant wipes give the place a wipe down, replenish the toiletries and if necessary empty the bin during the flight?
Not completely facetious, if BA offered me free WiFi and some champagne, I would have donned the marigolds and cleaned the 3 econ toilets in 21 mins flat. All pax win in the end.
SK and icegirl like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by icegirl
Why was there more loo roll in the top pic compared to the bottom? The top pic shows both dispensers being full.
Photos taken at different times! 11:34 and 14:49.

In other words, not a lot of checking by CC, as per icegirl's comment above.
RoyalSwazi, wrp96 and icegirl like this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo
This is why i try to avoid BA, especially the old 777 sardine cans. Got rebooked on BA10 and had almost similar horrible overall experience. Until refurbished, would not recommend. Skip it and go for QR.
Have to be honest - the QR 777 I was on to BKK was not fantastic either. Dated and equipped with the same 3-4-3 as BA is implementing. IFE was however better and had a decent screen, but has laggy and didn't function very well. Maybe I was unlucky.
​​​​​
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum Amb, Hilton Diamond
The 777 fleet is currently being refreshed to include mains & USB power throughout along with the new club suite, though the downside is that the economy cabin is going 3-4-3. LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by fruitcage
The state of the washroom seems to be more about the way the pax have behaved than about the type or age of the plane- or am I missing something?
Yes and no. I briefly - waay back - did a stint as cabin appearance inspector. Some routes are notorious for thrashing everything (Vegas, specific Indian routes, some of the most leisure-oriented routes in the Caribbean) but it's a common problem to all airlines and yet some manage to keep loos in a decent state to start with.

Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica

I assume the WiFi goes out because the countries you're flying over don't allow it? I had that coming back from BKK via DOH when we flew over India.
Can't talk about BA's Ku-band sets, but definitely India has a blanked ban on Ka-ban. Why? don't know.

But, even then: what is the price of printing a coverage map? CX has a laminated card with it. BA could just do the same, or print it on the in-flight magazine. It's not rocket science. I bet GoGo provides it. It's an easily fixable problem, it costs nothing to do... and people don't implement it. I rarely get angry but it's one of those easily-fixable things that drives me absolutely insane.
wrp96 and Ldnn1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.