Wiki Posts
Search

"Upgrading" an avios ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:58 am
tor
Original Poster

"Upgrading" an avios ticket

Say, I have a Club World return purchased using Avios using a 2-4-1 voucher + hefty taxes and fees.

Now, two first-class seats have opened up on the outward leg.

I do not think it possible to upgrade the leg using Avios. But, is it possible to cancel the outward leg and rebook it in First, still using the 2-4-1voucher? And retaining the secured return leg?

Thanks,
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You can make this change, no problem. It's a simple change of your booking from Club World to First on the same flight. BA should take the additional Avios (at the 2-4-1 rate, ie the additional Avios for one person) plus the £35 per person change fee, and then reissue the ticket. No question of cancelling is involved.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Originally Posted by Globaliser
You can make this change, no problem. It's a simple change of your booking from Club World to First on the same flight. BA should take the additional Avios (at the 2-4-1 rate, ie the additional Avios for one person) plus the £35 per person change fee, and then reissue the ticket. No question of cancelling is involved.
globaliser is absolutely spot on- no hassle at all.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by BarelyBAGold
globaliser is absolutely spot on- no hassle at all.
Globaliser is always spot on, extremely knowledgeable and a real genuine asset to the BA Board
Bullswood, redrose59 and AJA_ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.