Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation applicable?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Compensation applicable?

Just arrived on BA flight from Madrid to Heathrow and was due to connect to Manchester had a connection time of 1 hr 20 so tight but within the allowed booking terms. Flight from Madrid landed late so we missed conformance so couldn't get flight to MAN been rebooked onto the late evening flight meaning we will get to MAN 3 hours later than originally planned is this entitled to compensation
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Delete
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RoyalSwazi
Delete
ba467 today from mad
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
What was the reason given for the late arrival of the BA467

Your question is probably best placed in the thread specifically for this The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Depends on the reason for the delay to the flight from MAD as far as I can tell? Assume this is a single ticket?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your ticket is within scope of delay compensation under the Regulation. The sole question is whether the delayed arrival into LHR was the result of an "extraordinary circumstance." What was the reason? Without that, the answer becomes circular.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Depends on the reason for the delay to the flight from MAD as far as I can tell? Assume this is a single ticket?
yes all on a single ticket. No reason given for delay in Madrid flight landing pilot did mention having to circle LHR more than usual but no reason given
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hawk777
yes all on a single ticket. No reason given for delay in Madrid flight landing pilot did mention having to circle LHR more than usual but no reason given
The delay might have been due to the runway(s?) being inoperational this morning following the issues of the A350 that could not get off the runway and the various knock-ons this created
Cymro likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Hawk777
It is rare for the Captain not to provide an explanation for a delay and he did so here. But, in the end it is not about what is "given" but about the work you do to ferret out the information. While at LHR and with time on your hands, ask, ask, and ask. Staff can be quite chatty.

"Circling" is an ATC issue and if that is the reason, you will not be due any compensation. Given the length of the delay, BA certainly had a duty of care for your meals and you either ought to have been provided a voucher or may submit reasonable receipts.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There was a 5 minute passenger service delay the rest was ATC.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
There was a 5 minute passenger service delay the rest was ATC.
ah right thanks for that so out of scope oh well a few hours in the f lounge to relax was nice any way
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Claim the compensation from the airline that has caused the runway closure.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
nah if a runway has been shut I'm guessing it was something rather serious so happy to let it go on that basis
trooper likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
That's not how it works.

Plus EU261 is clear that you claim from the operator of the flight you were on.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:15 pm

No. I want no part in creating any potential situation where anyone is incentivised not to land if they are in distress (e.g. by becoming liable for compensating customers of other airlines). If an aircraft has an emergency and Heathrow is the best place to go, then they should go regardless of the fact they might temporarily block a runway.

I will happily claim claim any number of EU261s when it should be ‘ops normal’, or even if the area is remotely grey. But not if this is the reason, I do have a moral compass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.