Amex off - £300 BA spend -> 3000 avios

Old Feb 19, 20, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC silver
Amex off - £300 BA spend -> 3000 avios

Hello

There was recently an offer on my Amex card - spend £300 on a single transaction with BA and receive 3000 Avios. I saved it to my card and made a booking for 2 - total cost was about £350 and I assumed this would qualify. However, on my Amex statement there are 2 transactions (each for about £175), as is usual in my experience when booking for 2 pax in a single booking. So the transaction didn't qualify for the 3000 Avios even though I did actually spend over £300 in a single transaction.

I am going to call Amex to see if they can give me the 3000 Avios - has anyone else experienced this?

edit: title should be Amex offer...
Old Feb 19, 20, 2:44 am

I made a similar booking and it qualified. Maybe wait a bit for the avios to come through?
alpenlupe, Gastrocnemius and AJA_ like this.
Old Feb 19, 20, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by alpenlupe View Post
Hello

There was recently an offer on my Amex card - spend £300 on a single transaction with BA and receive 3000 Avios. I saved it to my card and made a booking for 2 - total cost was about £350 and I assumed this would qualify. However, on my Amex statement there are 2 transactions (each for about £175), as is usual in my experience when booking for 2 pax in a single booking. So the transaction didn't qualify for the 3000 Avios even though I did actually spend over £300 in a single transaction.

I am going to call Amex to see if they can give me the 3000 Avios - has anyone else experienced this?

Took a good 2-3 weeks for our 3k points to be credited to our Amex account.
alpenlupe likes this.
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC silver
Thanks! Transaction date was 9 Feb, I'll give it another couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by alpenlupe View Post
Hello

i had the same, BA seem to split the transactions and the payments now. The Bonus Avios came through within 14 days not immediately so wait a little bit before you chase it
alpenlupe likes this.
Old Feb 19, 20, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
I made a payment against a holiday deposit on 11/02/2020 and the 3,000 posted on 17/02/2020
alpenlupe likes this.
Old Feb 19, 20, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I did 2 bookings for approximately £250.00 each and these both qualified. The Avios was added to the Amex account after 5 days.
alpenlupe likes this.

Last edited by Workie Ticket; Feb 19, 20 at 2:51 am Reason: Corrected a typo.
Old Feb 19, 20, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
I made a few bookings and changed a booking over the course of a few of days with the total of all transactions adding to over GBP 300 - the 3,000 points posted a week later.

I would say hang tight for another week or so and then give them a call if still nothing
alpenlupe likes this.
Old Feb 19, 20, 3:18 am

I did two separate transactions totalling £360 , more than a week apart, and it came through fine.
Just took a few days.
alpenlupe likes this.
Old Feb 19, 20, 3:32 am

I’ve had the same - only booked on evening of 16th, and a single booking for just under £380 for two people has come through as 2 x £188.

Strangely, looking in the rewards section of the Amex app, even that has tallied oddly - two transactions of zero points for “BA.COM UK WEST DRAYTON”, and two of “BA Double Points” for 565 each. I wasn’t aware of a double points promotion happening.

I was going to give it a bit of time to see whether the 3000 bonus points arrived before contacting Amex. Hopefully the double points thing isn’t a replacement
Old Feb 19, 20, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by squawk View Post
I’ve had the same - only booked on evening of 16th, and a single booking for just under £380 for two people has come through as 2 x £188.

Strangely, looking in the rewards section of the Amex app, even that has tallied oddly - two transactions of zero points for “BA.COM UK WEST DRAYTON”, and two of “BA Double Points” for 565 each. I wasn’t aware of a double points promotion happening.

I was going to give it a bit of time to see whether the 3000 bonus points arrived before contacting Amex. Hopefully the double points thing isn’t a replacement
Double points means the standard double points for all BA spend.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Feb 19, 20, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, IHG Gold Elite
Should have paid more attention to this offer if you could have it applied to making an extra payment towards an existing BA Holidays booking. Have 2 bookings at the moment. Need to be smarter in the future.
Old Feb 19, 20, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Azure
Did any of you get an email through to say you had used the offer? (I've had similar emails for other offers but not this one) Put through a £600 ticket purchase on Saturday but bonus Avios haven't posted yet

Last edited by jsdickinson; Feb 19, 20 at 7:32 am Reason: changed activated to used to be clearer
Old Feb 19, 20, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
No email but offer changed to redeemed after a few days, and Avios credited after a few days more.
jsdickinson likes this.
Old Feb 19, 20, 6:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
3 tickets @£212 each in one purchase on 28 Jan, and posted to Amex individually. 3,000 bonus Avios credited 3 Feb.

One thing I didn't know until now is that Amex's Avios dates are different from the statement date : although the 3 Feb statement included purchases to that date, the Avios cutoff was 27 Jan. So the Avios and bonus from the purchase on 28 Jan won't actually come until the next statement.

Originally Posted by jsdickinson View Post
Did any of you get an email through to say you had activated the offer?
No email confirming registration. A "You just used your British Airways offer" email arrived on 2 Feb.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: