Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Lounge shower facilities [provision of razor]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge shower facilities [provision of razor]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Perhaps BA would stick an “advisory” on the razor that says “Sharp. May cause cuts.”
Except they aren’t. I’ve never had one that was actually sharp enough to cut its way through anything.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
A razor is 6" long and weighs a few ounces. Carry a decent one. Or buy a name brand disposable one.
If you are a regular shopper, you may notice that the disposable ones of a particular big brand are often on sale cheaper than the regular cartridge packs. Price per unit for the regular cartridges often is around £2 each, but when the disposable ones are on sale, they go down to £1.33 to £1.50 per cartridge - with the handles. Environmentally wasteful, but cheaper than funding that companies profits.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by dddc
If you are a regular shopper, you may notice that the disposable ones of a particular big brand are often on sale cheaper than the regular cartridge packs. Price per unit for the regular cartridges often is around £2 each, but when the disposable ones are on sale, they go down to £1.33 to £1.50 per cartridge - with the handles. Environmentally wasteful, but cheaper than funding that companies profits.
that would depend how many shaves you can get out their cartridge blade and how many shaves you can get from their disposable. I tend to find i can get 1 maybe 2 from a mach 3 disposable. More from their cartridge blade.

In terms of the op, i am another vote for bring your own razor or buy one from boots. Having left razors in hotels i tend to be well stocked on good disposables and take them when I travel.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
that would depend how many shaves you can get out their cartridge blade and how many shaves you can get from their disposable. I tend to find i can get 1 maybe 2 from a mach 3 disposable. More from their cartridge blade.

I don't find any difference between their disposables and regular cartridges (apart from price!) and I have a heavy dense beard. They claim all Mach3 razors should last 15 shaves. Given the price similarity when selling at full price, I don't think they would make blades to different specs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.