Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Singapore Sydney First class transit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:20 am
Original Poster

What are opinions on the best use of time on the Singapore stopover? Is the first class lounge close by? I think there is 90 minutes...
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Head straight to Qantas lounge, perhaps try the new Qatar lounge. The BA “Concorde” bar within Singapore BA lounge is dark and miserable with feeble food offerings
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Some people go for a shower in the lounge during transit so if you want to do that you should hurry to the lounge. Otherwise there is the BA, Qantas and the new Qantas F lounge. ( I think the new qatar lounge is now open but not sure about the opening times).

Security will be done back at the gate prior to boarding.

Regards

TBS
Richardc77 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks, is it a real rush for a shower in the short time se have?

Which is the closest out of the lounges?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Richardc77
Is the first class lounge close by?
Start here. Wait for the map to load. Change the floor to L3 (of T1) if necessary. You will then see the locations of the BA lounge, the QF business lounge and the QF first lounge. Then switch to L2 and zoom/pan around to see the gates. IME, BA15 is very often at the C24/C25/C26 end of that pier.

You will have enough time to get to the QF first lounge if you want to and to get back. That's no more than a 10-minute walk to C26 (without hurrying), but if that's where the aircraft is, then obviously the BA and QF business lounges are closer.

The new QR lounge doesn't seem to be marked on that map yet. IIRC the description, it's nearer C1 - but you may want to search the board to get further details.

IMHO, the best use of the time is a shower. It will make a real difference to your frame of mind as you start the second sector.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Great, do all the lounges mentioned have showers?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I was really unimpressed with the Qantas F showers - low flow and very difficult to get the temperature right. Also a very poorly managed queue such that people turning up later than others got showers first because they'd run out of pagers. BA is much better but will be busy too, If QR is open it should be relatively quiet and usually QR showers are good though I didn't use them.

QF F definitely for food if you're doing that, the actual sit down lounge area is quite poor but the massive dining area is great.
Richardc77 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
... The new QR lounge doesn't seem to be marked on that map yet. IIRC the description, it's nearer C1 - but you may want to search the board to get further details...
It is actually, you need to zoom in on L3 and it will appear just above the BA lounge.
Richardc77 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Great feedback as usual, i’m all about the flow, on showers too...😉👍

QUOTE=bisonrav;32086658]I was really unimpressed with the Qantas F showers - low flow and very difficult to get the temperature right. Also a very poorly managed queue such that people turning up later than others got showers first because they'd run out of pagers. BA is much better but will be busy too, If QR is open it should be relatively quiet and usually QR showers are good though I didn't use them.

QF F definitely for food if you're doing that, the actual sit down lounge area is quite poor but the massive dining area is great.[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Richardc77
Thanks, is it a real rush for a shower in the short time se have?
yes - ish.

there's now more on offer than ever before with the additional QF F lounge as well but on a day with lots of status pax (over and above F and J pax that are connecting all the way), there could be a few dozen all wanting to freshen up so I'd always directly make my way to the showers and then relax afterwards.
Richardc77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.