Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellations 17 Feb 2020

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Cancellations 17 Feb 2020

There are two other threads relating to Storm Dennis and HAL IT meltdown yesterday, now resolved. There is a Customer Guideline out for Heathrow services, see the end of the Storm Dennis thread, this allows people to move to services until and including Thursday. Nevertheless there are a lot of cancellations today, 32 out of LHR for 283 flights.

LHR flights:

BA0830 DUB 08:20
BA0906 FRA 08:20
BA0306 CDG 08:35
BA0392 BRU 08:35
BA0466 MAD 08:35
BA0726 GVA 08:40
BA0578 VCE 08:50
BA0950 MUC 08:55
BA0992 TXL 08:55
BA1442 EDI 08:55
BA0712 ZRH 09:10
BA0576 LIN 09:20
BA1346 LBA 09:25
BA1480 GLA 09:25
BA0676 IST 09:30
BA0728 GVA 09:40
BA0962 HAM 09:45
BA1326 NCL 09:50
BA0408 VLC 10:00
BA0346 NCE 10:05
BA0808 CPH 10:15
BA0588 LIN 10:25
BA0852 PRG 10:35
BA0778 ARN 10:40
BA0484 BCN 11:10
BA0780 ARN 13:25
BA0446 AMS 14:05
BA0546 FCO 16:10
BA0039 PKX 16:15
BA0031 HKG 18:25
BA0482 BCN 19:10
BA0161 PVG 21:35
There are some delays on top, I see a HEL flight 90 minutes delayed, and a BCN running 2 hours late, but mostly it looks a typical Monday, if we leave all the cancellations to one side.

LCY flights
None, but delays are building up, so there may be some later in the day.

LGW
None, and they seem on top of things there, not many delays either.

LCY
T8191, alex67500, Misco60 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
BA0588 LIN 10:25
that's me unfortunately...had to cancel my whole trip as it was a short hop to say hallo to family and there were no avail seats on other flights to LIN today.

I was left quite disappointed when LHR parking refused to transfer my valet parking booking to my next flight. I appreciate T&Cs, but in the face of a cancellation (and considering it was a £125 booking for less than 48 hrs parking) I would have expected more flexibility honestly...

Btw, am I correct in assuming this is not eligible for EU261? Or the IT meltdown gives some hope?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by frandrake
I was left quite disappointed when LHR parking refused to transfer my valet parking booking to my next flight. I appreciate T&Cs, but in the face of a cancellation (and considering it was a £125 booking for less than 48 hrs parking) I would have expected more flexibility honestly...
From an airline perspective this is consequential losses (insurance yadayada) but I'm guessing this is HAL's own parking? In which case I think you should ask them formally to refund it since this their system collapse has contributed to the flight disruptions today.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:47 am
Original Poster

For the record, BA's statement on the recent problems:

Heathrow Airport's systems issue

London Heathrow Airport has now resolved its technical issues that were impacting its IT systems across all terminals and affecting a number of airlines.

Due to the disruption, we expect there to be a knock-on effect to customers travelling on short-haul flights today, Monday 17 February. We have brought in extra colleagues to help our customers. But we are sorry for the disruption that the airport’s systems have had on many of your journeys.

I am due to travel today, Monday 17 February, what are my options?

The majority of disrupted flights have been to other UK and European destinations. We would ask anyone due to travel from London Heathrow check the status of your flight for the latest on your flight before you leave from Heathrow airport. Please also make sure your contact details are up to date in Manage My Booking.

London Gatwick and London City Airport flights are unaffected.

If you are travelling short haul and your flight is still due to go ahead, but you would prefer not to fly from London Heathrow, then you can opt to rebook your journey for another day up to and including 20 February. To make changes to your journey, you should contact us.

My flight has been cancelled today, Monday 17 February, what are my options?

If your flight is cancelled, we will rebook you onto the next available flight to your destination, and if the delay involves an overnight wait, then we will pay for hotel accommodation and meals for you. If you would prefer to take a refund for this journey, or change to a different date (up to 20 February), then please contact us.

If issues with Heathrow Airport’s baggage systems means you have travelled but your have not yet received your bag

If you have not yet reported your bag

If you have arrived at your destination without your baggage, you are able to report this online.

> Report your delayed bags online
https://wtrweb.worldtracer.aero/Worl...iteLanguage=EN

For more help, or to check the status of your bag, please visit our information page via the link below.
http://www.britishairways.com/inform...amaged-baggage

Purchasing essential items
Should your baggage be delayed and you need to purchase essential items during your trip please do so. When making a claim please keep all receipts and submit them as directed on our baggage compensation claim form. We will seek to reimburse you as quickly as possible.
https://baggageclaim.britishairways.com/
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:26 am

It appears that BA have decided to remove the CE middle seat block on some shorthaul flights to get people away. I am hoping this sticks, then my standby seat should become available (hopefully!).
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
Originally Posted by rossmacd
It appears that BA have decided to remove the CE middle seat block on some shorthaul flights to get people away. I am hoping this sticks, then my standby seat should become available (hopefully!).
I have no problem with this as it helps people get
home, etc. but would it be reasonable to expect some Avios for not getting the advertised CE product, and if so, how many?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There are some delays on top, I see a HEL flight 90 minutes delayed, and a BCN running 2 hours late, but mostly it looks a typical Monday, if we leave all the cancellations to one side.
Worth a note that the late LHR-HEL flight was AY1340 (aka BA6036). It landed HEL just a while ago with 1h03 later than scheduled, although the departure occured 1h48 late. BA794 on the same route departed about on time (mere 12 minute delay) and managed to land 39 minutes early. Clearly the winds favour eastbound flights, although for the late flight the strong headwinds did not cause the delay since the plane overnighted in LHR.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by rossmacd
LHR to AGP today

Luckly I am on the return which (currently) is showing the middle seat is unused in all 12 rows of club! The crew wont have had the rub of the green on these sectors...
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by starlight
I have no problem with this as it helps people get
home, etc. but would it be reasonable to expect some Avios for not getting the advertised CE product, and if so, how many?
In case you haven't already seen this thread - Club Europe - Middle Seat Divider Removed - Compensation?

CWS - has there been any further updates to the list of cancellations? My daughter got stuck in LHR last night and is due on the last flight to NCL tonight.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
From an airline perspective this is consequential losses (insurance yadayada) but I'm guessing this is HAL's own parking? In which case I think you should ask them formally to refund it since this their system collapse has contributed to the flight disruptions today.
Indeed, I was not suggesting BA to refund, I was surprised HAL did not show any goodwill. Btw I did not even ask for a refund, just to credit the money to another parking booking.

Anyway good advice, I will send them a more formal request. Let's see what they say.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babats
CWS - has there been any further updates to the list of cancellations? My daughter got stuck in LHR last night and is due on the last flight to NCL tonight.
There are a few more cancellations, I can see a MAN cancelled (15:15) and a GLA (18:00) but no extra NCL cancellations apart from the one above.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC
There are a few more cancellations, I can see a MAN cancelled (15:15) and a GLA (18:00) but no extra NCL cancellations apart from the one above.
Many thanks for checking
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: Skywards
I was scheduled to fly out on BA1492 (LHR-GLA), however I received an email earlier in the day prior to my DUS-LHR flight saying that my onward flight was cancelled (no reason given). They told me to login to the website and rebook on BA1478, which I did. Anyone know if EC rules apply here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.