FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   24 people in CE; 8 bottles of champers loaded... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2009324-24-people-ce-8-bottles-champers-loaded.html)

aristoph Feb 16, 2020 12:30 pm

24 people in CE; 8 bottles of champers loaded...

Just flew back PRG-LCY. Like our outbound yesterday the flight was rammed, including 6 full rows of CE. Unlike breakfast yesterday I was looking forward to a couple of bottles of champagne. Luckily we were in row 1, because there were only 8 bottles loaded and they quickly ran out behind us. Pretty pathetic really to plan that only 1/3 people will choose champagne on a Sunday night flight home. (I know, it’s all dependent on what was consumed on outbound yadeyadayada). Any point complaining these days to BAEC about false promises, lack of catering etc etc??

LondonElite Feb 16, 2020 12:40 pm

The stuff is so awful; honestly, you’d get heartburn after one bottle...they did you a favor.

aristoph Feb 16, 2020 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32078890)
The stuff is so awful; honestly, you’d get heartburn after one bottle...they did you a favor.

true! But they promise Unlimited Heartburn lol

YacozA Feb 16, 2020 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph (Post 32078854)
Any point complaining these days to BAEC about false promises, lack of catering etc etc??

If you were expecting a second bottle and BA was unable to oblige, that is a complaint.

They sell the CE as if there is availability of product; when they fail to deliver there should be some compensation due. Just state what compensation you expect in your message (x avios, etc.)

Oxon Flyer Feb 16, 2020 12:52 pm

Just for those of us who haven’t committed BAs catering band / bottle size matrix to memory, this is 8 200ml bottles, rather then 8 full sizers, correct ?

LondonElite Feb 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 32078937)
Just for those of us who haven’t committed BAs catering band / bottle size matrix to memory, this is 8 200ml bottles, rather then 8 full sizers, correct ?

On a CE flight, yes, it’s the nasty 187.5 ml bottles.

xarantine Feb 16, 2020 1:04 pm

I, er, did wonder about drinking "a couple bottlesof champagne"...! Of course, it would be the little 200 ml bottles. Sceptical a complaint would go anywhere to be honest - is "unlimited" champagne (or indeed any!) actually promised anywhere?

flatlander Feb 16, 2020 1:05 pm

I find it hard to believe that's the standard loading. I'm pretty sure I've seen >8 consumed on plenty of flights in the past between the cabin.

For all that it's not the greatest product of the Champagne region, I still don't mind a couple on a longer flight :)

I do have to look askance at the people who attempt to line up enough empties for a full bowling alley.

T8191 Feb 16, 2020 1:25 pm

I do find the fascination on this Forum with peoples’ fixations about cheap fizzy wine.

Is this some sort of ‘status frenzy’ or what? It’s a fizzy drink in the ‘aluminium tube’ ... hardly an environment to savour a fine wine, even if offered.

aristoph Feb 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 32079052)
I do find the fascination on this Forum with peoples’ fixations about cheap fizzy wine.

Is this some sort of ‘status frenzy’ or what? It’s a fizzy drink in the ‘aluminium tube’ ... hardly an environment to savour a fine wine, even if offered.

Then jog on. Lol

scottishpoet Feb 16, 2020 1:41 pm

there is nothing wrong with sending a note registering you disappointment

aristoph Feb 16, 2020 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 32079097)
there is nothing wrong with sending a note registering you disappointment

done. And my fascination isn’t with drinking cheap fizzy wine in an aluminium tube, contrary to some people’s observations, but with how BA gets away so regularly with undercatering its premium cabins. Pretty much the only difference between CE and ET on Cityflyer is the catering. I was on a TP run, and am well-versed in what to expect from our favourite carrier, but I imagine many of the other 22 passengers were expecting something a little special, particularly as it was Valentine’s weekend.

cornishsimon Feb 16, 2020 2:09 pm

I would also be sending a note telling of my disappointment.

it’s not exactly a quick domestic hop and they had sold CE at a premium, cheap fizzy wine, a meal and other complimentary beverages are all part of the product.

And those things should distance CE from ET and of any of those fall short then it lowers the difference between the two products

= complaint

cs

Oxon Flyer Feb 16, 2020 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32078945)
On a CE flight, yes, it’s the nasty 187.5 ml bottles.

Having just checked the 2 mini-bottles of BA CE champagne that just happened to fall into my fridge, I can report that the Castelnau is 187ml, and the Nicolas Feuillatte is 200ml.

#youlearnsomethingneweveryday

shefgab Feb 16, 2020 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph (Post 32079117)
done. And my fascination isn’t with drinking cheap fizzy wine in an aluminium tube, contrary to some people’s observations, but with how BA gets away so regularly with undercatering its premium cabins.

Just so you know, the bars are catered to the same standard on all flights. It's just not practical to loads bars tailored to each flight, especially as the demand for each product varies dramatically from day to day.

Unfortunately you hit a day when there were a lot of champagne drinkers. There's no way BA would know this. I'm also sure there was still a wide variety of other drinks available for you to choose from so you didn't have to have a sober flight.

Interestingly, on longhaul flights with pre flight champagne, the vast majority of those that partake on the ground do not drink it once airborne when the full variety of drinks is available.