Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

16 Feb : BA Heathrow operations disrupted : Systems failures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

16 Feb : BA Heathrow operations disrupted : Systems failures

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is some availability on SK services (not much though) so if you get through to a contact centre they may be able to rebook you. Or go to LHR and see if they can help there.. Otherwise consider going to LGW for the Norwegian service at 13:10. As they aren't IATA ticketers I think you would have to book that yourself and hope the BA refund covers it. Or go to Stansted, if you're in Cambridge, Ryanair have flights to Skavsta and Västerås, whereever they may be!
Thanks as always, CWS, for your valued input. Gatwick is a pain to get to from here and I have no idea where the airports that Ryanair serves are but they are not where I need to be. I will try and get myself re-booked on a later Finnair flight. I'm lucky in that all I need to do tomorrow is travel so it could be a lot worse.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mike P
I have no idea where the airports that Ryanair serves are but they are not where I need to be.
Nor did I, but it turns out they are both over 100 km from Stockholm. Since CBG is merely 50 miles / 80 km from London, clearly your local airport is missing a trick not calling itself London Fenland Airport.
Mike P, wrp96 and groenroos like this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by etiene
I’m at the gate for 442 - there are gate agents, but they’re waiting on a manager? Think it’s to do with the system being borked. Some screens back on but showing the wrong gates too. Continual slippage at the moment.
Just been told an hour for the manager - back to the lounge...
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I’m at the gate for 442 - there are gate agents, but they’re waiting on a manager? Think it’s to do with the system being borked. Some screens back on but showing the wrong gates too. Continual slippage at the moment.
Hmm worth the try to move to the 441 then if 442 still is in London.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Erwin10
Hmm worth the try to move to the 441 then if 442 still is in London.
426 has also gone, allegedly.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:50 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 27Liam
Sitting in the DUB T1 lounge waiting for BA 827 to LHR, scheduled for 1755 which is currently delayed until 1959. Delay was varying between 1829 and 1844 until a few minutes ago until it became clear the outbound BA826 G-NEOR had not left LHR yet. It is currently scheduled to depart LHR 1800 / arrive DUB 1914.

On the plus side, looking forward to my first A321neo. Also hoping for my usual experience of BA crews during delays on this route in that they have historically gone on a kindness offensive to disarm the (understandable) grumpiness of weather delays. A double serving of the passenger’s tipple always works wonders!
Well I was on LIN-LHR today and we sat on the tarmac for 2 1/2 hours. The FA "kindness offensive" for us consisted of them distributing plastic cups of drinking water, mostly just on demand. After an hour they agreed to sell other refreshments except they claimed they couldn't sell anything hot or alcoholic.

I know there are lots of BA zealots on this forum who will be happy to point out smugly that since it wasn't BA's problem, BA had no obligation to their customers. Yup, sure, totally correct. It really worked too, I feel ever so much better about BA as a result...ha!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:52 pm

At the gate (A10c) now for BA123 to Doha. All the QR flights were completely full with people smarter / faster than me. There is no way this flight takes off at 9:00pm now they still have to bus everyone from this gate to the (hopefully) repaired plane.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Well I was on LIN-LHR today and we sat on the tarmac for 2 1/2 hours. The FA "kindness offensive" for us consisted of them distributing plastic cups of drinking water, mostly just on demand. After an hour they agreed to sell other refreshments except they claimed they couldn't sell anything hot or alcoholic.

I know there are lots of BA zealots on this forum who will be happy to point out smugly that since it wasn't BA's problem, BA had no obligation to their customers. Yup, sure, totally correct. It really worked too, I feel ever so much better about BA as a result...ha!
I’m guessing they couldn’t sell alcohol for customs reasons and possibly they didn’t want to start cooking food just in case the flight was cleared for takeoff quickly but I can see that these reasons would be hard to understand, what I will say is we don’t set out to disappoint customers, funnily enough happy customers are easy to look after.
flygirl68, BAFlyer74 and groenroos like this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Wow, dodged a bullet!

Flew on BA 52 from SEA -LHR on the 15th, when we landed at 7 am was told our connecting flight to LIN at 11:45 was cancelled. Went directly to the gate for the 10:20 am flight and flew out standby. We had initially been rescheduled to fly on the 18:30 flight (12 hour layover!) - that flight (570) has still not left LHR as of now, 21:10. What a mess and thank goodness we got out of there!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:15 pm

Just been told an hour for the manager - back to the lounge...
Now have a dispatcher, waiting on a loading team.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:16 pm

Interestingly their app is now also spamming people with erroneous notifications. I'm getting them every ten minutes now and a bunch of people on Twitter seem to be complaining too.

Now clearly this is a minor annoyance compared to the mess that the terminals are, but it does make me wonder if there's something wider going on, or if this is some kind of attack of some sort?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Wow, dodged a bullet!

Flew on BA 52 from SEA -LHR on the 15th, when we landed at 7 am was told our connecting flight to LIN at 11:45 was cancelled. Went directly to the gate for the 10:20 am flight and flew out standby. We had initially been rescheduled to fly on the 18:30 flight (12 hour layover!) - that flight (570) has still not left LHR as of now, 21:10. What a mess and thank goodness we got out of there!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:31 pm

Now have a dispatcher, waiting on a loading team.
Upgraded to 1F at the gate - I’d rather have been home three hours ago!
wrp96 and Erwin10 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Mike P
Thanks as always, CWS, for your valued input. Gatwick is a pain to get to from here and I have no idea where the airports that Ryanair serves are but they are not where I need to be. I will try and get myself re-booked on a later Finnair flight. I'm lucky in that all I need to do tomorrow is travel so it could be a lot worse.
Bit convaluted but within the BA family....London City to Billund transfer to Aarhus then Aarhus to Stockholm Broma.... All Sunair.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
Monday morning flight to LBA is showing as cancelled on ba.com but no notification as yet.

Is this weather or IT related? If IT is it really cancelled?

Any advice welcome to placate stressed better half!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.