Free wifi for F passengers: dead link

Old Feb 16, 20, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Free wifi for F passengers: dead link

Flew BA172 JFK-LHR overnight. The free wifi link for F passengers on the wifi launch page was a dead link. I tried from two different devices, and the FAs confirmed that all F passengers were having the same issue. So I ended up paying for service and have submitted a claim for a refund. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Feb 16, 20, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I donít remember needing a link? I think itís just usable from the shop.ba.com landing page.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31898613-post56.html
Old Feb 16, 20, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
I donít remember needing a link? I think itís just usable from the shop.ba.com landing page.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31898613-post56.html
That page includes a link for F passengers to access the free wifi. It requires F passengers to enter their flight information to verify eligibility for the free service.
The link provided on that page was a dead link.
Old Feb 16, 20, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie View Post
That page includes a link for F passengers to access the free wifi. It requires F passengers to enter their flight information to verify eligibility for the free service.
The link provided on that page was a dead link.
aha I see what you mean, so it wouldnít take you to that second page in the screenshots in my link.

for what itís worth I think your claim for the money back should be successful.
Old Feb 16, 20, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
aha I see what you mean, so it wouldnít take you to that second page in the screenshots in my link.

for what itís worth I think your claim for the money back should be successful.
Right. That "Connect now" link did not work. It did not bring up an error message. It was just inactive.
Old Feb 16, 20, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If others were having problems in must be a system problem and a refund will be issued, did you try typing shop.ba.com into your browser?
Old Feb 16, 20, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
If others were having problems in must be a system problem and a refund will be issued, did you try typing shop.ba.com into your browser?
I had no problem accessing the shop.ba.com launch page. I accessed it just as I normally do from two devices. And I refreshed it multiple times.
This is pure speculation on my part, but maybe the link is deactivated for flights without a F cabin, and perhaps this flight was mis-programmed as not having an F cabin.
Old Feb 16, 20, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe that it’s only free for one device so others wouldn’t have offered you a free connect option.
Old Feb 16, 20, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
I believe that it’s only free for one device so others wouldn’t have offered you a free connect option.
It is only free for one device. I tried on two different devices. It worked on none.
Also, even if I had connected on one device, the "Connect now" link, if it were working properly, still would be active on the second device. Only after I entered my passenger info would the system realize I already had connected a device and rejected my second attempt.
Old Feb 16, 20, 8:47 am

I had free WiFi on a few flights. In my opinion it's always crappy. When I was booking the flight, free WiFi was advertised, so I thought: great! I can maybe watch some online videos. When we took off, we came to the conclusion that free WiFi was ment to sent and receive some chat messages only. If you wanted to more you would have to pay about 50 euro's for the entire flight.
Old Feb 16, 20, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To begin with I would have agreed with you but they have sorted out the gremlins and personally I find it excellent on laughable aircraft.
revorgap likes this.
Old Feb 16, 20, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat
I had the dead link, too, last night. LAX-LHR. So it seems to be a systemwide issue. The CSD logged it.
Old Feb 16, 20, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
On my recent trip to LAX in F the outbound flight had free WiFi which was good but nothing on the return. I do not require WiFi but am sure it will become more reliable in time.
Old Feb 16, 20, 10:06 am

Same issue here on my last flight (for two of us). Our claim for refunds was successful.
Old Feb 16, 20, 10:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've had issues where my surname wasnt recognised, so had to pay for the WiFi service.

I called up, and it was refunded to me from a specific Wifi Team, within 2 days.

M

Search this Thread
Search Engine: