Best place for a call Heathrow T5 lounges

Old Feb 15, 20, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Best place for a call Heathrow T5 lounges

Hi all,

I will be flying from Heathrow in the next few days and will likely have to have a meeting with some colleagues over Skype a few hours before my flight. I'm wondering if anyone who has been in a similar situation has any recommendation for where to take this call in one of the galleries club lounges (no GF access sadly). I obviously would want to minimize disruption so am looking to avoid taking it in the main lounge areas, but I'm not sure if there are any meeting room/business spaces that I could be using for this?

Cheers,
TUF
Old Feb 15, 20, 8:02 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver)
Originally Posted by theultimateflyer View Post
Hi all,

I will be flying from Heathrow in the next few days and will likely have to have a meeting with some colleagues over Skype a few hours before my flight. I'm wondering if anyone who has been in a similar situation has any recommendation for where to take this call in one of the galleries club lounges (no GF access sadly). I obviously would want to minimize disruption so am looking to avoid taking it in the main lounge areas, but I'm not sure if there are any meeting room/business spaces that I could be using for this?

Cheers,
TUF
i donít see an issue just go to the terrace and use earphones ! Iím a travelling salesman myself, so just go to a corner of the lounge as quiet as I can and make sure no one Is behind me to interrupt the video conference and go on mute if not talking to not hear the (hopefully not too bad) background noise!
Old Feb 15, 20, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The Galleries in Terminal B might be quieter than T5 A ( Beside the pc's might be quieter).

I think there is also a Regus office that hires space in T5.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 15, 20, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium
I did a skype call in the Galleries Lounge South by sitting on one of the high chairs at the window, which are opposite side of the kids play zone.

Otherwise the lounge was quite full on a Thursday PM so I took the spot in the corner to not to disturb anyone.
Old Feb 15, 20, 8:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
T5B is your best bet, but it doesn't sound ideal for this. There aren't any meeting room area or mini offices like EDI. What may be better, if less comfortable for you, is to sit at the end of T5B or T5C - you can see from the aircraft what is going to be a quiet area. You may find yourself alone in quite a large amount of space with a view of the runway. In T5A then sometimes you will find a gate like 23 left on its own, and there are some quiet passageways behind the shops facing on to the apron. These are often used by airport staff to have a lunch break.

There is a Regus business centre landside at T5 where they can arrange a space for you, for a fee. It's one level below the First Wing.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 15, 20, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks all for the tips. I will assess the situation in terms of busy-ness on day of and then decide whether to venture out to 5B/C or stick around in A.

cheers
tuf
Old Feb 15, 20, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
T5B is your best bet, but it doesn't sound ideal for this. There aren't any meeting room area or mini offices like EDI. What may be better, if less comfortable for you, is to sit at the end of T5B or T5C - you can see from the aircraft what is going to be a quiet area. You may find yourself alone in quite a large amount of space with a view of the runway. In T5A then sometimes you will find a gate like 23 left on its own, and there are some quiet passageways behind the shops facing on to the apron. These are often used by airport staff to have a lunch break.

There is a Regus business centre landside at T5 where they can arrange a space for you, for a fee. It's one level below the First Wing.
+1 on all that. Lounges won't afford you much privacy and nowadays rarely are less than very busy. T5B/C by contrast often have empty gates due to the turnaround time. The only part of t5A that might have too are some parts of gate A10 if unused or arguably some of the banks of chairs in the main check in area (ie landside)

Last edited by orbitmic; Feb 15, 20 at 12:43 pm
Old Feb 15, 20, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
I would find a deserted gate in 5C. Much quieter than any lounge.
Old Feb 15, 20, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If there is no-one in (or wanting to use) the child play area, then it's useful for this. It is well soundproofed.
Old Feb 15, 20, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
I find this question ironic if only because most passengers in the lounges seem to have no qualms about having extended phone calls from wherever they happen to be sitting, irrespective of who's sitting around them. (Posted from the oasis of quiet and calm that is the "Quiet Room" in the AA Flagship Lounge at JFK.)
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Feb 15, 20, 5:27 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
I've tried multiple places within the BA lounge from which to have a conference call, and my favourite location so far is atop the horse in the First lounge.

Edit: sorry, just saw that you can't access the above lounge.
HFHFFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: