No more BA codeshares from NWI?

Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
No more BA codeshares from NWI?

Having grown up in Norwich, and still having family there, it had been my plan to go there by plane one time instead of taking the usual train or car (flying as much as possible is what the BAEC FT page is all about right?)

There used to be a Loganair flight NWI-MAN and MAN-NWI which was bookable as a BA codeshare if you added a BA flight onto the booking (e.g. NWI-MAN-LHR) it seems that this route ended on 5th January this year, and as such there are now no OneWorld codeshares from NWI.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I would love to do a CBG-MAN-NWI TP Run to visit my sister!
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:24 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
There certainly used to be a codeshare on the Loganair flight to EDI. The route itself is certainly still operating. May also be worth checking ABZ, where Loganair also fly direct from NWI.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I was aware that there are BA codeshares on flights to Scottish islands (and of course the EI flights out of BHD) but didn't realise there would be any other domestic ones.

I found MAN-INV (Loganair) but are there any more?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
There certainly used to be a codeshare on the Loganair flight to EDI. The route itself is certainly still operating. May also be worth checking ABZ, where Loganair also fly direct from NWI.
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
I was aware that there are BA codeshares on flights to Scottish islands (and of course the EI flights out of BHD) but didn't realise there would be any other domestic ones.

I found MAN-INV (Loganair) but are there any more?
From a 2017 Head for Points article: (https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/0...air-codeshare/)

Loganair flights from Inverness, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow to the Highlands and Islands will carry a British Airways flight number from 1st September

Loganair flights from Glasgow, Inverness and, erm, Norwich to Manchester will also carry a BA code
I wonder if there have been any updates on this since 2017.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Aren't Loganair back with Flybe/Virgin on codeshares? Maybe that was part of the agreement?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
As someone whos previously used codeshares from an extremity airport can I ask what routing your actually looking for from the codeshare ?

I know that in the days of the BA/BE codeshares that it was often overlooked until people asked where it was of BA and then it appeared again

cs
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
From a 2017 Head for Points article: (https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/0...air-codeshare/)

I wonder if there have been any updates on this since 2017.
I do not believe they fly gla or inv to nwi now. They do abz and edi to nwi but i do not see a codeshare on those routes
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You have just missed it, the last codeshare was BA4001 NWI-EDI on LM385 14:25 hrs which ended on 9 February 2020.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:40 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
The KLM Engineering operation at Norwich has been doing more work on the Cityflyer E1x0s over the past couple of years, so we do occasionally see the occasional BA flights take off and land. Sadly there’s probably not much chance of getting on one as a passenger!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.