Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seatspy.com : site for monitoring BA reward seat availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seatspy.com : site for monitoring BA reward seat availability

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Intentional.
It says on site that it is a beta version, showing all oneworld availability.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Adding OneWorld results to BA results is going to be really helpful to many people BUT in searches and alerts there needs to be a ‘BA metal only’ toggle or it will drive the voucher users mad giving them phantom availability and false hope.

I’d love to be able to search for OneW availability on routes BA doesn’t fly. Unfortunately the SeatSpy interface doesn’t permit this. given the active development I remain hopeful :-)
LucyK1806 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I've be monitoring First availability on Mex to lhr for weeks and in the last few hours has completely disappeared all year round both ways. Same appears on the reward flight finder
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Intentional.
Yeah it's a bit of a pest. I'm hoping to upgrade from WTP to CW to DOH so the QR flights are no use to me.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:04 am

Is the site even working properly? It looks like everything stop on 8/6/21 on seatspy, but there are redemption available beyond 8/6/21 on BA.com, for example LHR to BOS and LHR to TYO.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Intentional.
Interesting - I'm not seeing any of that info anywhere on the site.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Interesting - I'm not seeing any of that info anywhere on the site.
I am, at the top of each BA search:

Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
Originally Posted by rontse
Is the site even working properly? It looks like everything stop on 8/6/21 on seatspy, but there are redemption available beyond 8/6/21 on BA.com, for example LHR to BOS and LHR to TYO.
I have also noticed this as monitoring LHR to JNB. I had an alert set up until end July 2021 but now the site seems to have gone a bit "haywire". I've stopped getting email alerts for any dates!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by rontse
reward flight finder is having the same issues. I did email seatspy yesterday who suggested it might be due to the one world beta testing, but clearly not. Just a bug in the data feed.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
I am not sure what is going on with Seatspy or Reward Flight Finder to be honest.

Over the past week I have had alerts from both saying there is availability between London and Dallas (and return) in First Class (I want to upgrade from CW to First using Avios).

However, nothing shows on BA.com for my dates or any surrounding dates despite being shown on both Seatspy and reward flight finder.

I then checked American Airlines and nothing is showing available on there either (I can’t think of any other Oneworld carrier that plies between London and Dallas).

Nothing is showing on Expert Flyer’s Reward search either.

So the data is wrong somewhere.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Ed_fly
reward flight finder is having the same issues. I did email seatspy yesterday who suggested it might be due to the one world beta testing, but clearly not. Just a bug in the data feed.
Or maybe it is SeatSpy trying to work out how to deal with a change in the API from BA? The fact that both SeatSpy and Reward Flight Finder have the same/similar issue seems unlikely to be uncorrelated.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I am, at the top of each BA search:

Yes, I am seeing that now. Not particularly useful I don't think - certainly not for vouchers. Really needs to be optional to set a single airline OR oneworld.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by redrose59
I have also noticed this as monitoring LHR to JNB. I had an alert set up until end July 2021 but now the site seems to have gone a bit "haywire". I've stopped getting email alerts for any dates!
I had been monitoring the site for F class LHR-JNB. All availability on that route for F has disappeared completely. Can't believe BA would stop F on that route, so clearly something is going on/wrong
redrose59 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I would guess that they are both reliant on BA's IT.

One of the parts of BA that has been cut to the bone, as senseless cutting is in the top team's DNA, is their "investment" in IT.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Dorsetboy
I had been monitoring the site for F class LHR-JNB. All availability on that route for F has disappeared completely. Can't believe BA would stop F on that route, so clearly something is going on/wrong
I ran the search on the BA website and the First availability showing as normal on the Mex route, so clearly something not communicating well with the API

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.