Aircraft on the Blink

Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Aircraft on the Blink

Beware G-VIIL - currently flying me and the OH to JFK in the new Club Suites. We were seat-shifted from 6K and 7K due to non functioning IFE in 6K however whichever boffin or system did the shifting put us into 7K and 11E, which isn't great if you're travelling as a couple.

We were luckily able to speak with the gate agent and found that we could be moved to 16E & 16F, I wonder why this wasn't assigned in the first place... Anyhow, I must have angered the BA deities as the IFE in 16E isn't working either despite a few resets. Crew are being great though and have proactively offered "air miles" and are proactively refilling my whisky

Do we have/need a wiki of aircraft with gremlin affected seating?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
The ‘Hangar Queens’ thread would, no doubt, feature MEDK and her fume issues! On the subject of VIIL, I flew on her last weekend, luckily with fully functioning IFE. Though, I was a little further back!!

Last edited by TedToToe; Feb 13, 2020 at 1:23 pm Reason: Spelling!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Sad to hear about IFE issues in the new Club Suites.

My trusty Kindle cures such issues, though!! But I will accept the Avios anyway.y
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by BoeBus
Do we have/need a wiki of aircraft with gremlin affected seating?
No point - they would change on a far too frequent basis to keep up with. The vast majority of seat/IFE defects are rectified on the next LHR/LGW turn.

Did you check your originally assigned seats? It happens quite often where the system engineering uses to inform the rest of the airline of such issues and their resolution isn’t up to date straight away so the issue can sometimes be fixed but seat shifts go ahead anyway whilst everything catches up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.