Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines to join oneworld

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
It opens up loads of options to Hawaii though?
And more of Alaska, of course.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Yllanes
It would be nice if this led to a SEA-MAD route.
Perhaps, but even if SEA became a full-fledged AA hub, it seems to me that for geographical reasons it would be essentially the last AA hub to get MAD service on AA or IB. With the exception of Alaska, maybe Hawaii, and the small AS-only destinations in WA and OR (and of course SEA itself), literally every city in the US has more logical routings over other hubs, and I don’t think SEA-MAD is a huge local market.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
It opens up loads of options to Hawaii though?
Yes, you can get to Hawaii via SEA to HNL, KOA, OGG and LIH.

Or out of LAX as well to all the major Hawaiian islands.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by ashill
Perhaps, but even if SEA became a full-fledged AA hub, it seems to me that for geographical reasons it would be essentially the last AA hub to get MAD service on AA or IB. With the exception of Alaska, maybe Hawaii, and the small AS-only destinations in WA and OR (and of course SEA itself), literally every city in the US has more logical routings over other hubs, and I don’t think SEA-MAD is a huge local market.
Local demand from MAD would probably be the drive, but for connections, don’t underestimate the efficiency in SEA for everything West Coast from Europe as well as Asia. LAX & PHX both involve backtracking in most cases and the rest involve long domestic cross-country flights. LHR-SEA is a good 2 hours shorter than LAX, an hour shorter than LHR-DFW and comparable to LHR-MIA. Most of the 777 flights operate without crew rests.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Will Alaska joining OW open up more routes for TPs?

Question to the esteemed on this platform, appreciate the BA already code shared with Alaska on many routes, but we’re there many others that it didn’t and will Alaska joining OW open up more opportunities for TP earning destinations.

Hopefully it will mean access to their lounges and the Starbucks coffee?

https://www.oneworld.com/news/2020-0...-join-oneworld
Old Jul 25, 2020, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by navylad
Question to the esteemed on this platform, appreciate the BA already code shared with Alaska on many routes, but we’re there many others that it didn’t and will Alaska joining OW open up more opportunities for TP earning destinations.

Hopefully it will mean access to their lounges and the Starbucks coffee?

https://www.oneworld.com/news/2020-0...-join-oneworld
No doubt KARFA is working on some interesting Tier point runs as we post.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Got a friend who might know... Alaska...

[i'll get me coat]
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by T8191
This eventually presents some new options for TP-efficient routings to Hawaii. 😎

I’ll get my shorts ...
And FAI
.......... I'll get my jumper
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Interesting the joining date is now ‘end of summer 2021’ and AA will also be flying SEA to LHR.

More details on the Alaska forum https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...er-2021-a.html

Last edited by navylad; Jul 26, 2020 at 8:03 am
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This is the old one from when it was first announced they would join oneworld. Joining date now is expected to be end of 2020.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
This is the old one from when it was first announced they would join oneworld. Joining date now is expected to be end of 2020.
oh ok, and they haven’t updated it on their own website then 😂
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Another suggestion .....Cabo San Lucas. Having said that, check for drug war violence and hurricanes. Will look forward to having easier West Coast access to the Hawaiin Islands.
navylad likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Does anyone know by any chance or have any insight if Alaska Airlines Discounted Revenue First Class ( I fare ) would give Tier Points and Avios when Alaska joins the alliance on 31 March 2021. Currently, it's giving 0 Avios to BAEC members on all flights.

There are pretty good AS deals ( US transcontinental for $191 ) and I am not sure wheater I should enter my QRPC or BAEC number.

Currently, I fare class gives mileage for QRPC members but not for BAEC.
Also, I might wait until Alaska joins the alliance to enter my FFP number. Depending on the earning rates, I'll choose to enter my QRPC or BAEC number.

Thanks for any help in advance.

By the way: Mods, please change the title of this thread to [ Spring 2021 ] as there is now a confirmed date for Alaska to enter the OW alliance.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Assuming AS I class would earn tier points there are some great opportunities using the current discount codes (see AS forum).

Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
That's why I asked if "I" fares would accrue Tier Points.
This promo is only valid until 19 Dec 2020 so I need to book it this week.

By the way, AA's LAX-DFW-PHX-SJC for $85 is a much better deal in terms of GBP/TP but this one ( LAX-SJC direct ) requires much less effort and time.
As I mentioned above, with the same promo code, there are $191 deals on potential 140TP routes like LAX-EWR & LAX-JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.