Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines to join oneworld

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Given that "Emerald and Sapphire members earned through Alaska or American Airlines are eligible for complimentary [Alaska] lounge access when they travel on an itinerary to Mexico City, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia or Australia." and say I fly SFO-LAX-HEL, it would appear that I being an MVP Gold / OW Sapphire am allowed to spend some quality time at the LAX AS lounge free of charge, but does that go for SFO too?
Old Aug 9, 2021, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Given that "Emerald and Sapphire members earned through Alaska or American Airlines are eligible for complimentary [Alaska] lounge access when they travel on an itinerary to Mexico City, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia or Australia." and say I fly SFO-LAX-HEL, it would appear that I being an MVP Gold / OW Sapphire am allowed to spend some quality time at the LAX AS lounge free of charge, but does that go for SFO too?
Yes. The itinerary is to a destination that makes you lounge eligible for the trip. You can also access any other open oneworld lounge you can physically get to in LAX or SFO; you're not restricted to the AS one. (On AA, there's no requirement that the "itinerary" even be the same booking; I don't know for sure how AS handles that, but I assume the same.)
vanillabean likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:36 am

I've searched in the BA forum but couldn't find a thread so I suppose this is as good as any. I've had not a single AS flight post to my BA account, even with BA manually posting other flights on the booking.

Has anyone actually had any AS flights successfully post?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by flashware
I've searched in the BA forum but couldn't find a thread so I suppose this is as good as any. I've had not a single AS flight post to my BA account, even with BA manually posting other flights on the booking.

Goodness I’m sincerely surprised you weren’t able to find a thread for missing AS flights. In fact there was a point where a new thread was opened every other day regarding missing AS flights or if not a new thread, then many posts dotted around various threads regarding it. Here’s an example:

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Anyway, your best bet is to call BAEC and request manual credit. Usually this yields the quickest result in my experience. Ignore the online form and the silly fax solution it proposes.

If that fails, you can send a PM to BAMissingAvios who has been brilliant to many in helping them get missing flights credited.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat

As I shared in the thread referenced by AirbusA350, I had one (out of 4 segments) successfully post automatically, without intervention so it can happen. I have no idea why the one posted, they were all on the same PNR so should have really been any different. Its a frustrating situation to be sure.

Regards
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Goodness I’m sincerely surprised you weren’t able to find a thread for missing AS flights. In fact there was a point where a new thread was opened every other day regarding missing AS flights or if not a new thread, then many posts dotted around various threads regarding it. Here’s an example:

Anyway, your best bet is to call BAEC and request manual credit. Usually this yields the quickest result in my experience. Ignore the online form and the silly fax solution it proposes.

If that fails, you can send a PM to BAMissingAvios who has been brilliant to many in helping them get missing flights credited.
Goodness me, searching for 'tier points alaska air' in the BA forum yielded no results, so no need for the snipe.

I've already called in twice and had 2 cases closed off saying done, so not long after posting my earlier message I had already PM'd BAMissingAvios.

Originally Posted by scubadu
As I shared in the thread referenced by AirbusA350, I had one (out of 4 segments) successfully post automatically, without intervention so it can happen. I have no idea why the one posted, they were all on the same PNR so should have really been any different. Its a frustrating situation to be sure.

Regards
Indeed, I've just checked my wife's and hers posted - same PNR, so same as you. Odd. Let's see what BAMissingAvios can come up with.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:45 pm

Goodness me, searching for 'tier points alaska air' in the BA forum yielded no results, so no need for the snipe.
My apologies for it coming across as a snipe. Upon reflection, I can see why. It was more of surprise at the poor functionality of the search function if anything, rather than an intended jab at you, as honestly it’s almost every other day, if not daily, that we see a post or a thread somewhere regarding missing AS credits. But hopefully the rest of my post was still helpful for you nonetheless and that you do get the respective points credited that you are rightfully due. It is indeed a nightmare with AS posting to BAEC along with QF too by the looks of things. Hopefully it will eventually get sorted like how RJ appears to have been (RJ used to be notoriously bad previously, it just didn’t get as much coverage in forums like these as it’s not as widely flown as say AS).
flashware likes this.

Last edited by AirbusA350; Jun 15, 2022 at 6:01 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
My apologies for it coming across as a snipe. Upon reflection, I can see why. It was more of surprise at the poor functionality of the search function if anything, rather than an intended jab at you, as honestly it’s almost every other day, if not daily, that we see a post or a thread somewhere regarding missing AS credits. But hopefully the rest of my post was still helpful for you nonetheless and that you do get the respective points credited that you are rightfully due. It is indeed a nightmare with AS posting to BAEC along with QF too by the looks of things. Hopefully it will eventually get sorted like how RJ appears to have been (RJ used to be notoriously bad previously, it just didn’t get as much coverage in forums like these as it’s not as widely flown as say AS).
Thanks, I've certainly had issues with RJ posting in the past too. Strange that my wife's posted and mine didn't, especially so with the ones that were added manually. Hopefully @BAMissingAvios will come through with the goods as I'm not spending half an hour on the phone again to lodge another claim.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:24 am

Thanks, I've certainly had issues with RJ posting in the past too. Strange that my wife's posted and mine didn't, especially so with the ones that were added manually. Hopefully @BAMissingAvios will come through with the goods as I'm not spending half an hour on the phone again to lodge another claim.
No response at all from @BAMissingAvios so I guess it's another long call into the BA call centre. Have people had better success going via the form online, where you have to attach BP's etc. ?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
No response at all from @BAMissingAvios so I guess it's another long call into the BA call centre. Have people had better success going via the form online, where you have to attach BP's etc. ?
The forum previously suggested has a fair amount of discussion on the various options, including using BA chat, and uploading BP copies directly on a BA.com page. Definitely worth a read.
In my case 1 of 2 segments posted; unfortunately it was the 10 TPs not the 140. Simply uploading does not suffice. Chat worked eventually, so they're now working on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.