Pay with cash to upgrade a reward booking

Old Feb 12, 20, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Pay with cash to upgrade a reward booking

Hi
i have two reward seats booked in economy. Can I pay with cash to upgrade to club?
Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 20, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
You might find an offer available on Manage My Booking, but no guarantees. You may also be able to buy an upgrade at the airport.
Old Feb 12, 20, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver,
You might get lucky with an airport upgrade (ask at check in) but just be aware that you won't get the TPs or avios! You can't do this at any other point as far as I'm aware.

Cheers,

Andy
Old Feb 12, 20, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
RETRACTED -

Simple answer YES aslong as there is availability but I believe that as the initial booking was a reward booking there will also need to be reward availability in the J( Club) cabin as well. Check www.expertflyer.com to see if there is.

WELCOME to Flyer Talk and the BA Board. I'm sure one of the mods will be along soon to welcome you. Just so you know there is a 5 post limit in the 1st 24hrs so just be aware of that. After that you can post away freely. I'll leave the rest to someone better qualified to go through housekeeping than I.

(( Don't worry about wasting a reply on thanking me until you can post freely! ))

Last edited by TWCLAM; Feb 12, 20 at 3:06 pm Reason: retraction
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Avis PC, Eurostar CB, the Amex plat stuff
(sorry, didn't spot your post had already been corrected. It's a long week for me too @TWCLAM I sympathise )
TWCLAM likes this.

Last edited by alex67500; Feb 12, 20 at 4:47 pm
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Ughhh I already retracted one part and you're right alex67500 it's been a Long day and also missed they are in Econ. I think to save time i'll remove it all apart from the hello part but thank you for pointing that out
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

There are no reward seats available in club hence my question, can I pay to upgrade even though original booking was a reward booking.
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLL1972 View Post
There are no reward seats available in club hence my question, can I pay to upgrade even though original booking was a reward booking.
Yes, you may be able to upgrade with cash although the upgrade offer may only be to world traveler plus. As noted by others above, you may be offered a proactive online upgrade (POUG) to world traveler plus or at the airport you can ask about an airport upgrade (AUP) to WTP or CW.

More information about POUGs here:
Pro-active Online Upgrade (POUG) tracking and discussion | 2020 thread
More information about AUPs here:
Airport Upgrades (AUP) promotion 2020 thread

Both of these threads can also be found in the forum dashboard at the top of the page.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: