service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:12 pm
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
These are the stupidest timings I've seen, all afternoon flights and no morning flight in either direction. Isn't the PSO meant to be useful for business travellers? BA flights look to have disappeared so I presume LM is taking sole control of the route. Utterly useless.
As of this morning BA are still selling July/Aug flights - that makes me think they are still operating something as surely they wouldn’t sell flights just to cancel/transfer to Loganair next week?

(If I’m wrong about that, connecting to the early afternoon Athens flight in august is going to be a challenge with these timings.)
Old Feb 14, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PZE
As of this morning BA are still selling July/Aug flights - that makes me think they are still operating something as surely they wouldn’t sell flights just to cancel/transfer to Loganair next week?

(If I’m wrong about that, connecting to the early afternoon Athens flight in august is going to be a challenge with these timings.)
I wouldn’t take much notice of what BA is selling. They will be holding out to see if the PSO goes to LGW, meaning they can still operate their LHR service.

One thing to note, is that the flight numbers listed for LM’s LHR-NQY route, are already active on the MAN-IOM route. So it could be that these are just placeholders on the website until things are officially revealed.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
I wouldn’t take much notice of what BA is selling. They will be holding out to see if the PSO goes to LGW, meaning they can still operate their LHR service..
The PSO won’t be a bar to any operator. It is just under state aid rules they shouldn’t be issued if there is already a viable commercial operation.

As BA doesn’t in any event offer a year round service at the moment that isn’t a problem.

What would be interesting is if BA has an arrangement with the PSO operatior to not complete or actually caries in anyway!
Old Feb 17, 2021, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, Hilton Diamond
BA have changed a couple of my summer flights, 24/07/21 BA1351 is now at 2120 instead of 1050. BA1350 on 02/08/21 is now at 0735 instead of 0845. Not surfe if BA have started re-adjusting their timetables for the summer or they’re shuffling the flights to avoid potential clash with LM, but it’s more likely that the seasonal flights will stay.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 3:21 am
PZE

Some changes just made to BA's timings for the summer service - looks like Tuesday and Wednesday flights pulled, Thursday has moved from first thing to around midday, Friday has moved from evening to around midday (these are noticeable because both of my planned connections are no longer manageable). I'm not sure whether the Saturday to Monday flights are changed.

Doesn't look like the PSO picture is becoming any clearer just yet.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Interesting that the Saturday flight becomes an evening one. Hmm.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:43 am

I think we should take this as good news and a sign the flights will go ahead. The start date has also been moved forward to 27th June.

As ​​​ajamieson says though, the Saturday flight being in the evening seems odd. Given that the turnover day for a lot of self catering houses/lodges is Sat, a daytime flight would make more sense.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by MatJarosz
First flight on the 28th March matches the tender start date
NQY -> LHR LM695 and LM697
LHR -> LHR LM696 and LM698
Looks like LM will have at least one aircraft positioned at NQY
All flights appear to be in the afternoon, most around 4pm and then 7pm or 9pm, good for inbound connections, but would be nice to have at least one morning flight to LHR.
A morning flight is crucial. I live around 40 mins from Tiverton Parkway and about an hour on the A30 from NQY. The cost of rail travel to London for work is ridiculous. An early morning flight to LHR has been reasonably priced in the past, whether it be NQY to LHR or EXT to LCY This is what we need in the SW again.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
A morning flight is crucial. I live around 40 mins from Tiverton Parkway and about an hour on the A30 from NQY. The cost of rail travel to London for work is ridiculous. An early morning flight to LHR has been reasonably priced in the past, whether it be NQY to LHR or EXT to LCY This is what we need in the SW again.
Or just drive.... I live in the South Hams and get up and go early when I need to be in London. The EXT-LCY flight was good but not much of a time saving if I needed to be in the west of London
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Or just drive.... I live in the South Hams and get up and go early when I need to be in London. The EXT-LCY flight was good but not much of a time saving if I needed to be in the west of London
Me too, I live in East London and my parents near St. Austell. I've tried all ways to get there, STN-NQY, SEN-NQY, LCY-EXT, First Great Western to Plymouth, all with car rentals.

Always cost hundreds of pounds and none saved me more than 30 minutes compared to just getting in the car and driving there, which was a lot less aggravation and £50 of fuel! Plus, I may need my head examined, but I actually like the A303.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, Hilton Diamond
It's becoming more and more likely that Loganair will take over the PSO. Heathrow website has been updated with some extra flights to cover the gap in the morning. The old PSO had 4 daily return flights and this also appears to be the case with the new LM route. The start date of 28th March remains unchanged.

BAeuro likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 11:55 am
PZE

They look like pretty sensible times and just about allow a 9.30-6 working day in London which is useful.

Do LN generally codeshare with BA (or others) to make onward travel feasible without having to allow massive connection times? It looks like a proper codeshare on the Isle of Man route but wondered if they would be likely to do the same with this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by MatJarosz
It's becoming more and more likely that Loganair will take over the PSO. Heathrow website has been updated with some extra flights to cover the gap in the morning. The old PSO had 4 daily return flights and this also appears to be the case with the new LM route. The start date of 28th March remains unchanged.

I agree. Ever since I spotted the Loganair flights on LHRs website, I assumed they had won it. The extra flights you’ve pointed out now strengthen the argument even more.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by PZE
They look like pretty sensible times and just about allow a 9.30-6 working day in London which is useful.

Do LN generally codeshare with BA (or others) to make onward travel feasible without having to allow massive connection times? It looks like a proper codeshare on the Isle of Man route but wondered if they would be likely to do the same with this.
BA have set up a good few codeshares with LM - so I can see this happening for NQY (especially given the potential for connections). I also believe it’s BA’s slots LM are using, so a codeshare would be logical to benefit BA.

I do wonder if this will affect BA’s LHR-NQY route though - I hope not!
Old Feb 27, 2021, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
BA have set up a good few codeshares with LM - so I can see this happening for NQY (especially given the potential for connections). I also believe it’s BA’s slots LM are using, so a codeshare would be logical to benefit BA.

I do wonder if this will affect BA’s LHR-NQY route though - I hope not!
Given that BA did codeshare on the Flybe Newquay to Gatwick route it’s pretty likely they will on this route too. Probably does mean the BA route is not likely to go ahead though - it’s a popular route but I wouldn’t be sure that BA would get enough bookings to fill their plane alongside Loganair

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.