FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:02 pm

I doubt the subtle variations in capacity will change the hard economic facts or statistical significance!
I doubt we’ll be seeing a dizzy height daily service back in the near future.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:08 pm

I wonder has BA considered moving some of their CityFlyer E190’s to Heathrow to service routes like NQY? With thinner short-haul routes post-COVID that provide valuable feed to long-haul, I wonder if BA would consider a sub-fleet of E190’s based at LHR.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by oneworldglobetrotter
I wonder has BA considered moving some of their CityFlyer E190’s to Heathrow to service routes like NQY? With thinner short-haul routes post-COVID that provide valuable feed to long-haul, I wonder if BA would consider a sub-fleet of E190’s based at LHR.
Of course they have. But don’t forget that BACF pilots are on very different terms to mainline, and there are scope clauses that give BA a major headache doing so. Not to mention that HAL’s charging structure penalises using small jets to the point that it skews the economics significantly.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 4:15 am

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan
Has there been an update on the expected announcement date?
Old Feb 6, 2021, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Confus
Of course they have. But don’t forget that BACF pilots are on very different terms to mainline, and there are scope clauses that give BA a major headache doing so. Not to mention that HAL’s charging structure penalises using small jets to the point that it skews the economics significantly.
I thought the scope clauses had been removed barring BACF from the likes of Heathrow following the COVID-era restructuring?
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I thought the scope clauses had been removed barring BACF from the likes of Heathrow following the COVID-era restructuring?
Did that go through in the end? Even if it did, invoking it would still likely upset BALPA, which I imagine they’d want to avoid, so they’d only do it if the business case were crystal clear.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
So as @ SeanM1997 has highlighted Twitter, easyJet is indeed returning to NQY from GLA/MAN.

Still no news on the PSO though. I am just hoping BA still run their season NQY flights even if the 4 daily PSO is going to LHR. This is the prefect route for high end staycations.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
So as @ SeanM1997 has highlighted Twitter, easyJet is indeed returning to NQY from GLA/MAN.

Still no news on the PSO though. I am just hoping BA still run their season NQY flights even if the 4 daily PSO is going to LHR. This is the prefect route for high end staycations.
Rather selfishly, I'd prefer LCY followed by LGW over LHR. LHR to my home involves a change at Green Park which is a nightmare at the best of times, when pandemic is over and people are out and about again, I'll have far too many tourists/slow people to contend with.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 4:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Still no news on the PSO though.
It's now getting increasingly late to announce a PSO from 28 March, which is when you'd expect an operator would want to begin - perhaps understandably given the extended (in fact, deepened) restrictions on travel. I say again that it would not surprise me if the PSO is pushed back to autumn when it would better fulfil its intended purpose. No point subsidising summer traffic that's coming anyway, nor launching a route when hardly anyone can travel. I would expect the limited summer seasonal BA flights to go ahead, thus making a delay to the PSO even more likely.

Separate and very niche point but it would be great if IAG could get going on on adding the BA/EI JV codeshares to make the DUB-NQY more useful; the option to mix the inbound/oubound between LHR and DUB would open up lots of options; at present only BOS asnd JFK are doable via DUB both ways.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by Schwann
Scope has been amended so that BACF can now operate aircraft with 100 or more seats, but still can’t touch LHR.
Schwann likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by EJetter
Scope has been amended so that BACF can now operate aircraft with 100 or more seats, but still can’t touch LHR.
If I remember well that was in anticipation of a possible purchase of A220s, which I don't think will happen now...
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by ajamieson
It's now getting increasingly late to announce a PSO from 28 March, which is when you'd expect an operator would want to begin - perhaps understandably given the extended (in fact, deepened) restrictions on travel. I say again that it would not surprise me if the PSO is pushed back to autumn when it would better fulfil its intended purpose. No point subsidising summer traffic that's coming anyway, nor launching a route when hardly anyone can travel. I would expect the limited summer seasonal BA flights to go ahead, thus making a delay to the PSO even more likely.

Separate and very niche point but it would be great if IAG could get going on on adding the BA/EI JV codeshares to make the DUB-NQY more useful; the option to mix the inbound/oubound between LHR and DUB would open up lots of options; at present only BOS asnd JFK are doable via DUB both ways.

that’s strange actually because the EI DUB-NQY route has previously carried multiple OW codeshares including BA.

cs
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Indeed it does (and the BA LHR-NQY even carried a QR code). But without the 'balancing' codeshare on the other legs, ex-NQY long-haul with EI is hopeless because the connection will always be well-timed in one direction and horrible in the other (except, as I say, for BOS which is a late departure and JFK cos there's two).
Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Indeed it does (and the BA LHR-NQY even carried a QR code). But without the 'balancing' codeshare on the other legs, ex-NQY long-haul with EI is hopeless because the connection will always be well-timed in one direction and horrible in the other (except, as I say, for BOS which is a late departure and JFK cos there's two).

last time I booked a member of the family to jfk it ended up as NQY-LGW-JFK returning JFK-DUB-NQY where the timings worked really well in both directions.

cs
LimitingFactor likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 12:14 pm

Did the now scrapped Loganair GLA-NQY plan to carry BA codeshare?
Shame EZY hoovering up the high peak spoils

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.