Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holiday: booking different classes each way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Is there anyway to book different classes for each leg on a holiday booking? I am hoping that adding a flight or car will bring the very high NY fare down and I can live with travelling PE on the daytime leg but would want a flat bed overnight. It doesn't work on the custom / build your own offering on the website.

Many thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

You'll have to phone for a BA holiday mixed cabin holiday. It's a fairly painless experience and the BA Holiday team I've had dealings with many times over the years are extremely helpful and knowledgeable
Crismyth likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
You'll have to phone for a BA holiday mixed cabin holiday. It's a fairly painless experience and the BA Holiday team I've had dealings with many times over the years are extremely helpful and knowledgeable
Actually - it's a lot simpler than that. On the BA website choose your flights only (choose WTP one way and Club the other) and then you will have an option to add hotel! That converts the reservation into a holiday booking, and preserves the different cabin options.
Keystone likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Be careful with this option.

I have done a lot of research on this exact method recently for my family vacation at the end of the year. Indeed you can book the different travel classes and add car and hotel, but the price was a lot higher for the overall booking as you don't receive a "BA Holidays" Flight and Hotel discount as you would booking it the traditional way.

I found booking it the traditional way and phoning them immediately after, (or doing the full booking over the phone) gave me the best results and pricing.

I also believe with BA holidays there is no change fee (usually after the first 24hrs this kicks in)

Correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck and I look forward to reading your feedback.

Colnic2011
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Colnic2011
Be careful with this option.

I have done a lot of research on this exact method recently for my family vacation at the end of the year. Indeed you can book the different travel classes and add car and hotel, but the price was a lot higher for the overall booking as you don't receive a "BA Holidays" Flight and Hotel discount as you would booking it the traditional way.

I found booking it the traditional way and phoning them immediately after, (or doing the full booking over the phone) gave me the best results and pricing.

I also believe with BA holidays there is no change fee (usually after the first 24hrs this kicks in)

Correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck and I look forward to reading your feedback.

Colnic2011
I may be wrong - but that is not what I experienced - it converts it to a holiday booking - takes you to the holiday website, and I've tried this option with same class travel and price was exactly the same. As long as you choose a hotel for your entire stay.
Keystone likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by sb1982
I may be wrong - but that is not what I experienced - it converts it to a holiday booking - takes you to the holiday website, and I've tried this option with same class travel and price was exactly the same. As long as you choose a hotel for your entire stay.
I just done an example now.

BA holidays via flight and Hotel on main page - 4,516.76 GBP
Flight only adding the rest later with exact same flights hotel and car - 4,798.67

Colnic2011.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:41 am

I just done an example now.

BA holidays via flight and Hotel on main page - 4,516.76 GBP
Flight only adding the rest later with exact same flights hotel and car - 4,798.67

Colnic2011.
I've just tried and came up with the exactly same price.. odd - I tried on different browsers too. When you do flights and add hotel - it just takes you to the holiday site - I don't see what it would calculate different prices.

Did the price of the holiday change perhaps during your searches? Was it economy basic vs economy plus fares?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by sb1982
I've just tried and came up with the exactly same price.. odd - I tried on different browsers too. When you do flights and add hotel - it just takes you to the holiday site - I don't see what it would calculate different prices.

Did the price of the holiday change perhaps during your searches? Was it economy basic vs economy plus fares?
Very strange we are getting different results, both flights where WTP same timing same hotel and car booking, identical bookings only difference was the price.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:02 am

Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:03 am

Could be the fact the 1st picture shows Economy Plus?? now that you mention it I'm not sure how to change this though??
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:45 am

Could be the fact the 1st picture shows Economy Plus?? now that you mention it I'm not sure how to change this though??
it’s odd isn’t it, but what I see - when I do flights and then add hotel is the style of check-out (with one combined price) that you get for the holiday search (maybe something to do with the fact you have connecting flights) - I don’t see what you get - with the price broken down. Who knows..
but to get the mixed cabins you either call or search mixed cabin flights and add the hotel to convert it to a holiday booking.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:53 pm

I normally book a holiday in the lowest class I would be willing to travel in.

As you can't upgrade on the website, I then do the odd call to BA to see if there are any offers (they have asked me in the past if I want them to email me if the price drops) I normally then do an upgrade to to to the highest class I am willing to pay for

(You can still AUP on BA holidays, so have done that before, just no POUGs)
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Why is anyone surprised about totally random prices appearing on a BA website?! Mrs Clam and I have often sat next to each other, searched the same exact hotel & flight combination, and been given wildly different prices. Tbh as we sit there going through hotels on our respective devices if we both happen upon one we like we simply compare prices and book on whichever device is showing the cheaper price. Far from a rare occurrence in our experience and we simply put it down to the world leading( in crapiness) IT that BA choose to employ.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:16 am

Is it possible to do different cabins for different travellers on the booking? I was to travel WT+ but my friend wants to just fly WT. Is it possible to just book WT and then upgrade my seat separately?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Howedaniel
Is it possible to do different cabins for different travellers on the booking? I was to travel WT+ but my friend wants to just fly WT. Is it possible to just book WT and then upgrade my seat separately?
It is never possible to have multiple people on the same bookings who do not have the exact same travel plan (same flights, same dates, same booking class, same bucket, etc). The only thing you can do individually are ancillary services (e.g. pay for a seat reservation or extra luggage for some but not all passengers on the booking).

Anything else, such as people travelling in different classes or with an extra leg, etc will require separate PNRs. If you book everyone under the same and then upgrade some but not all passengers, the PNRs will be split at the time you do that anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.