Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA1474 stuck by lightning, BA1479 delayed (LHR-GLA-LHR, A321 Neo)

Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:56 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond

I just got home after an "entertaining" flight to Glasgow, about 10 minutes before landing there was a flash and a bang whilst we were flying through clouds, we were struck by lightning at least once (I am not sure if we were hit twice or the second flash was near but missed us).

The flight continued as normal and landed without problems, the flight crew were warned on the phone that it was just lightning almost immediately (I heard this from 1C) but no announcement was made to the passengers until we had safely landed (due to "other priorities").

This was on the A321 NEO G-NEOP.

The return flight to London is slightly delayed, I would guess due to the standard checks required after such an event.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ikaz
I just got home after an "entertaining" flight to Glasgow, about 10 minutes before landing there was a flash and a bang whilst we were flying through clouds, we were struck by lightning at least once (I am not sure if we were hit twice or the second flash was near but missed us).

The flight continued as normal and landed without problems, the flight crew were warned on the phone that it was just lightning almost immediately (I heard this from 1C) but no announcement was made to the passengers until we had safely landed (due to "other priorities").

This was on the A321 NEO G-NEOP.

The return flight to London is slightly delayed, I would guess due to the standard checks required after such an event.
Just watched it take off. There did appear to be some extra activity around the aircraft at the gate - probably for checks. Plus they are de-icing at GLA currently due to the snow.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Pretty normal occurrence actually.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
So, OP- What year do you think it is right now?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.