Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Monday 10 Feb Weather - Disruption - BA flight assistance and information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

There will be some cancellations tomorrow due to aircraft and crew being out of position and the impact of storm Ciara on the BeNeLux, Germany and Austria. There is no customer guidelines at this stage. See post 2 for the Standard Customer Guidelines if your flight is cancelled.

LCY
Currently no cancellations

LGW
BA2510 GLA 06:05
BA2500 EDI 07:15
BA2512 GLA 07:20
BA2758 AMS 07:45
BA2540 FCO 12:00

LHR
In addition to the SJC (Trent issue), PVG and PKX (Coronavirus) services already cancelled.

BA0710 MUC 07:00
BA0918 STR 07:25
BA0416 LUX 07:50
BA0906 FRA 08:20
BA0950 MUC 08:55
BA0712 ZRH 09:10
BA1526 PHX 09:30 (is this an old cancellation?)
BA0926 MUC 10:45
BA0700 VIE 11:00
BA0952 MUC 12:10
BA0438 AMS 12:55
BA0908 FRA 14:10
BA0966 HAM 15:05
BA0944 DUS 16:00

There is some query as to the SIN+SYD service (at least in my mind) since the Monday evening 21L30 departure is currently shown as leaving on Tuesday at 16:24, but if they find another 77W lying around somewhere then they presumably could go back to schedule on that. Not least because I can't see a SYD arrival at 01:29 hrs without someone complaining about it. There is also Sunday's Haneda flight leaving now on Monday.
youngfogey, Tocsin and StanStorby like this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If your flight is cancelled by BA you get a number of options, which are standardised for all cancellations, known as the Standard Customer Guidelines.

- refund (full or in part if part flown already)
- rebook up to 3 days before original travel date so long as there is space in the cabin
- rebook up to 14 days after, again if there is space in the cabin
- [certain routes such as HEL] rebook on to AY up to 14 days after, in the case of this route
- rebook more than 14 days after so long as the fare bucket you used in your original booking. IB gets complicated here.
- ticket validity can be extended if necessary (and usually BA are ok to retain the length of the stay, though that hardly applies here)
- you are also allowed a gateway change too, to another airport within 300 miles, so MAN-HEL may be allowed if flying LHR-HEL. That's within the -3 / +14 days timeframe.
- you can also swap LHR/LGW - MXP/LIN/BGY (etc) around.

If you are on joint business routes then you can use other the other airlines concerned. BA can these days book you on alternative airlines too if your flight is in the near future, airport agents tend to do this freely.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Feb 9, 2020 at 12:10 pm
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Does appear guidelines are in place for the option to switch flights for tomorrow as well. Safe and happy travels to all.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:05 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Do strong winds on the ground affect overflights that much? My flight tomorrow from Milan to London appears to have good weather at both airports but will overfly parts of European airspace with strong winds forecast on the ground en-route, ie Geneva and Paris. Presumably apart from possible turbulence en-route we will not be affected that much?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Yes, thanks, it is indeed the case that there are customer guidelines, or rather expanded versions of the original guidelines. Update 4.

For LHR and LGW services, if you are booked for 9 or 10 February and your service is operating you can rebook up to and including 13 February. No refunds, Avios are included. If your flight is cancelled, then see the standard guidelines in post 2.

For LCY at the moment it's only for 9 February that could rebook, but they expect to operate a full service on 10 February.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 4:12 pm

So parents are due to travel back from UVF tomorrow (BA2158 - 10th Feb) and according to BA.com, this flight is showing as rerouted but no further details beyond that. Doing a bit of detective work on FR24, I'm guessing that they would be sending G-VIIV from Bermuda to UVF in addition to the regularly scheduled UVF flight from LGW?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:35 pm

We are flying iad/lhr/lis starting on ba #292 which departs iad at 10.35p.m. tomorrow night. Do we have any issues?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by jmj9905
We are flying iad/lhr/lis starting on ba #292 which departs iad at 10.35p.m. tomorrow night. Do we have any issues?
Keep an eye on this thread. At the moment your IAD-LHR flight appears to be still operating albeit with a 21 minute departure delay, although that delay is likely to change. You’ll have a better idea once the outbound aircraft leaves LHR. Any cancellations will appear here at some point as and when BA updates its schedule.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Today's HEL-LHR got canned yesterday. I've managed to get the agents re-route HEL-TXL-LCY and TXL-LCY got cancelled while I was flying to TXL... A very helpful GGL agent rebooked me on LuxAir with an overnight in LUX getting me to LCY early morning. Have I mentioned there's no ticketing desk at TXL? This airport...
Another ....-show, this time at LUX with all morning flights cancelled. LG’s staff anything but helpful, luckily GGL came to the rescue and sorted out an evening flight out for me, while LG told me to go away and wait for a contact. A day in LUX airport is definitely not something I’d recommend, also that they only let you through security at T-4 🤬
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Two cancellations for LCY, both predictable

BA3291 MUC 08:05
BA4453 RTM 08:20
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This contributes not an iota to the thread, but I want to thank you so sincerely for all your sterling work on all our behalves. I speak for myself alone but I am sure that many join me in saying God Bless you Good Sir.

Frankly I do not know how we coped before you came, and the thought of BA Forum without you is too horrid to contemplate.

Back on Track - I suspect that delays will creep on as crews get back in late to man their onwards. I’m off to ARN but although, thank God,, I am not doing a B2B (today that would be madness I think) I shall be looking for those famous stairs to do this another time.
shuly, Fritz, Sam Bee and 24 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wmaciej
Another ....-show, this time at LUX with all morning flights cancelled. LG’s staff anything but helpful, luckily GGL came to the rescue and sorted out an evening flight out for me, while LG told me to go away and wait for a contact. A day in LUX airport is definitely not something I’d recommend, also that they only let you through security at T-4 🤬
I didn't know this limitation on entry into LUX (they do scan boarding passes before security so I guess this is systematically enforced). However there is a Regus Centre above the check-in area - just look up - and so you can book a table or office there. And a larger Regus in a building near the airport termnal.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I didn't know this limitation on entry into LUX (they do scan boarding passes before security so I guess this is systematically enforced). However there is a Regus Centre above the check-in area - just look up - and so you can book a table or office there. And a larger Regus in a building near the airport termnal.
Thanks for the advice c-w-s! I've managed to find a friendly LG duty manager who's sorted it out for me, so I'm airside now. For another 8 hours... Should really have taken that earlier AY flight back from HEL!
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If delayed for a whole day in LUX (also applies to other cities connected to their airports by rapid transport links like AMS and CPH) I would be strongly inclined to leave the airport and go to the city.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by flatlander
If delayed for a whole day in LUX (also applies to other cities connected to their airports by rapid transport links like AMS and CPH) I would be strongly inclined to leave the airport and go to the city.
Sadly I have to work today, so turned the lounge into my office for the day... I was contemplating going back to Doubletree, but 40EUR taxi bill I've paid only an hour earlier has quickly helped to make my mind...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.