Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Storm Ciara: live commentary on landings and departures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold

BA2166 on its third attempted approach to LGW now, with WS3 heading north after one failed attempt.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dalbyl
BA2166 on its third attempted approach to LGW now, with WS3 heading north after one failed attempt.
So the BA2166 is the Tampa to LGW service on an A777, whereas WS3 is WestJet's B787 service from Toronto. Not sure where that 787 is heading, Manchester? Belfast? Scotland? Presumably not CAX... The Tampa service is off somewhere new by the looks of it, Bournemouth? Roissy?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So the BA2166 is the Tampa to LGW service on an A777, whereas WS3 is WestJet's B787 service from Toronto. Not sure where that 787 is heading, Manchester? Belfast? Scotland? Presumably not CAX... The Tampa service is off somewhere new by the looks of it, Bournemouth? Roissy?
I would guess WS3 is off to GLA.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by dalbyl
BA2166 on its third attempted approach to LGW now.
Still up there going round in circles https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...035Z/KTPA/EGKK
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Still up there going round in circles https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...035Z/KTPA/EGKK
4th attempt now (!).
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by florens
4th attempt now (!).
seems fourth time round worked a charm. I do not envy the people on the plane
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
My A380 was shaking on the ground due to the wind at LHR.

QR captain described it as 'novel'

M
wrp96 and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Seems Manchester is having complications with heavy's - VS78 BGI (Bridgetown) - MAN diverted to GLA
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:24 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by ens100
seems fourth time round worked a charm. I do not envy the people on the plane
captain must have put a lot of extra fuel to be safe for 4 go arounds and still have enough for a diversion to nearest airport if it really wasn’t going to work out.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
captain must have put a lot of extra fuel to be safe for 4 go arounds and still have enough for a diversion to nearest airport if it really wasn’t going to work out.
I was watching the Tampa flight too - earlier on it looked as if a number of LGW widebodies were in the process of diverting to AMS. I can't imagine the holidaymaker heavy Florida LGW flights are a lot of fun during go-arounds, and I must admit two would be enough for me.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
If people are flying today and want to have a look at ‘how much fun’ they might expect arriving into LHR here is a livestream of the landings.

LapLap, wrp96 and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
If people are flying today and want to have a look at ‘how much fun’ they might expect arriving into LHR here is a livestream of the landings.

https://youtu.be/Gln7T-xxE4k
I just saw a BA AIrbus slide in at 09:46 hrs (perhaps the A320 BA1303 from ABZ) and I've decided not to watch any more.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Not BA related, sorry, but I live under the flight path into Luton and I am watching go around after go around from my landing window. One is just about to make its third attempt. Oh just seen on Flightradar24 that it has diverted to Stansted.

Last edited by Shingi; Feb 9, 2020 at 3:09 am Reason: Addition
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I just saw a BA AIrbus slide in at 09:46 hrs (perhaps the A320 BA1303 from ABZ) and I've decided not to watch any more.
Just watched a BA 744 land, it came in fairly side on, and the engines on the left side came very close to the tarmac as it wobbled on touchdown. Agree with you, I decided not to watch more, with a not-yet-cancelled departure from LHR planned later today on AF.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Just watched a BA 744 land, it came in fairly side on, and the engines on the left side came very close to the tarmac as it wobbled on touchdown. Agree with you, I decided not to watch more, with a not-yet-cancelled departure from LHR planned later today on AF.
That's when I stopped watching too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.